PDA

View Full Version : WORKS Soldier Guide:

AzureBlaze
Jul 9, 2004, 11:21 PM
Ok, I see the topic on Respective Tomorrow...however:

-No where really inside is the difinitive answer to getting this stubborn mule to talk
-It is 10 pages long to sift thru for 1 single answer
-There is no guide yet provided to the quest on PSOW (as of this posting)
-The quest has been up over a week, and no one has come up with this vital bit of info anywhere else.

If it does get answered somewhere that's easy for people to see, or a guide gets put up on PSOW...then this post won't matter and can be shut down. In the meantime however:

*How do you get him to talk?*

I have been on this quest like multiple times, each time doing something different and can clearly list all the methods that don't do anything.

1. Going on the quest more then 1 time, or going on it never before. First time trying it, he doesn't talk.
2. More then once being on the quest/beating it, doesn't work, I've been over 5x.
3. Not talking to anyone going streight to the WIS guy: no.
4. Warping down to temple, then back up and talking: no
5. Varying amnts. of team-mates/ going alone on the quest? no.
6. Getting an "A" on the previous run: no
7. Letting ONLY the team leader talk first to get the device, then the others get it? no

What are you supposed to do? It's sooo frusterating that he's never said a peep. Does he persecute androids? Hate really wide shoulders? Refuses to speak to people over level 170? Bluefull is a jinx? Altho this is only half my problem (the other half being a competent team is required...gah), I'd still REALLY like to know the real way to get him going.

What is the precice procedure?
Why hasn't he talked to me yet? (I keep hearing these accounts of where he "Spontaneously Talks" to people for no reason.) I'd really like to get that WORKS guard (I collect things), but that's impossible without this bit of info.

Deus-Irae
Jul 10, 2004, 03:16 AM
good question. it needs answers. i wish i knew them.

bump.

DOG21313
Jul 10, 2004, 03:47 AM
Hey, long time no see man. Well, first time I tried the quest, my friends were talking about some WIS thing. I had no idea what they were talking about since it was my first time through. We went through the quest as normal, and I believe we got a B rank.

After that we tried again, but this time they told me about the WIS things. I talked to the soldier and he gave me the WIS device. I dont know how it was activated but on my 2nd time through he just gave it to me.

The first time we had four people, the second time we had three (same people but one had to leave). Maybe you have to do it with the same people? I hope this helps. =/

Btw if you ever want to attempt it with me, just mail me, I am trying to get the Works Guard also.

Tycho
Jul 10, 2004, 01:02 PM
well.. im not sure, but maybe youre supposed to have the whole team be near the WIS soldier or something, and then all talk with him. not sure tho, but this worked for me every single time.

adamgnome104
Jul 10, 2004, 03:54 PM
Why does everything think the damn soldier needs to talk! HE SAYS ... THATS IT!

Ok my crappy-assed guide.

IN ULTIMATE MODE DAMMIT!!
Talk to buddy, that soldier, he will say DOT DOT DOT WITHOUT WORDS! Then go to temple, blahblah minimission blah, then you collect 6 shiny things in each level. When your at seabed there is a button to click to activate a teleporter, a secret room that leads you to the tower place then you get the last 6 things. Then some dude Leon talks to you.

(its from memory from a typoed guide, so thats basicly how)

Jack
Jul 10, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-07-10 13:54, adamgnome104 wrote:
Why does everything think the damn soldier needs to talk! HE SAYS ... THATS IT!

So he's definitely never said anything along the lines of "Jack, you're good at the simulator. Would you like to take on a mission for us? Be aware if you leak the details of this mission you'll be hunted. I thought you'd answer that way" and so on?

AzureBlaze
Jul 10, 2004, 10:12 PM
To Adamgnome104-
You're not entirely right. In order to even SEE the shiny stars (the WISes)he must have talked to someone on your team. Even if he only says "..." to you, if someone else had him talk, you will be able to see the WISes. If no one can make him talk, no one will see the WISes. I get this second scenario often.

Jack:
Yes, he's supposed to say something along those lines. The trick of it is getting him to actually do it so you can see the WISes and then Leo. (Leo's cool lookin'!)

I get a TON of accounts like the one above...'he just kind of spontaneously does it'. And then no one can say what spacifically triggered it. Same/diff people doesn't matter. It's just frusterating for me because I've never gotten him to go, let alone the 4 times it takes to get the WORKS guard.

Dog: I will mail you tonight!