PDA

View Full Version : just one more thing, misconceptions on hacked items

petcemetary
Jul 10, 2004, 01:24 PM
Alot of people go around saying that an alrappy, or a hacked mag can ruin your character, i for one say this is not true, there are alot of misconceptions, See, when you get to the point that you see that your stats are ruined everyone points to the mag or the alrappy, this is all incorrect you see when you equip a hacked mag, or a rappy your stats sometimes turn yellow, which means they are maxed out. Thats when things go bad, your stats are maxed out, and in turn you do not recive your level up bonuses. All you need to do is make sure that your playing healthy, and your character will not be ruined, there isnt any defectiveness in a hacked item, they are like everything else, used to make your stats higher. But some mags and rappys take it too far. So, all you have to do is equip a mag that doesnt turn your stats yellow. and for those of you who use rappys, i for one use them, but i balance it out. Right now on my character, i have one al rappy on, and a legit level 200 sato mag. None of my stats are yellow and i recive my stats now, unfortunately my character is still weak, as i did not figure this out untill level 80. But I have tested it myself, and I recive my level up's now. oh and btw hacked weapons dont have any effect on your character. But dont take my word for it, try it, play a ttf, and level up with your stats in the yellow, then level up still using a hacked mag, except with none of them in the yellow. I belive you will realize the difference. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Zinger314
Jul 10, 2004, 01:48 PM
Thats when things go bad, your stats are maxed out, and in turn you do not recive your level up bonuses

Incorrect. I've tested it personally.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 10, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-07-10 11:48, Zinger314 wrote:

Thats when things go bad, your stats are maxed out, and in turn you do not recive your level up bonuses

Ditto that. I was ob lilying with my racaseal, and I had maxed ata with a dex mag and some god/arms, and before I leveled up, I took them off to see what my ata was, and then I maxed the ata again and leveled up, and then took them back off and I had gained 1 ata point.

phoenixphire
Jul 10, 2004, 04:30 PM
I'm sorry for the newby question, but what exactly does an Al/Rappy do?

Zinger314
Jul 10, 2004, 04:51 PM
On 2004-07-10 14:30, phoenixphire wrote:
I'm sorry for the newby question, but what exactly does an Al/Rappy do?

PSOGC Al Rappy reduces your ATP by ~227, but the Al Rappy the OP is likely refering to is the PSOX version, which increases your ATP by ~227.

phoenixphire
Jul 10, 2004, 09:08 PM
1.) It's a slot item, from what I've heard, right?
2.) Was it drawn from a programming error, or was it hacked from scratch?

Zinger314
Jul 10, 2004, 09:41 PM
On 2004-07-10 19:08, phoenixphire wrote:

Yep, it's a slot item, named "Mag", yet has the description "Al Rappy."

I hear it was hacked off of NPCs. Not sure.

Kiri
Jul 10, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-07-10 19:41, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-07-10 19:08, phoenixphire wrote:

Yep, it's a slot item, named "Mag", yet has the description "Al Rappy."

I hear it was hacked off of NPCs. Not sure.

wrong it is not from an NPC. It is just a hacked item like the "????"(item) and the "????"(weapon)

Corey
Jul 11, 2004, 01:44 AM
???? and Al/Rappy are not nesessarily hacks but scraps left in the game, more or so a glitch item that was recovered. You can't really hack an item INTO PSO...well, I guess on Xbox it might be possible,but that's diffrent

petcemetary
Jul 11, 2004, 12:48 PM
i myself have tested my theory, and unless you read it wrong, i am positive it is correct, there isnt any secret little glitch or something its all stats, it isnt like a virus that spreads, it is just a hacked item that boosts your stats beyond the games usual boundraries

hotdogs_r_us
Jul 11, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-07-10 11:48, Zinger314 wrote:

ditto i had a 190 mag with dex so it was maxed. my ata was like 25, lev up a few levels then was 27 when i took off the mag. so im affraid ur wrong.

Zinger314 is right

darthsaber9x9
Jul 11, 2004, 06:45 PM
the point of this post has seriously gone straight over my head.

but on the topic of lvling up with max stats, you DO get the stat boosts

Pepsi3709
Jul 11, 2004, 11:30 PM
Yes you do. The item you equip on your character to max their base stats has no effect whatsoever when they level up. Even on hacked items such as al rappy or hacked mags and such.

TeenGohan
Jul 12, 2004, 03:53 PM
On the ALrappy thing. It does lower your ATP but if you do something right (I can't say what) then your Atp (on GC anyways) goes WAY WAY up. I hv tested this on my offline only memory card. But NO Hacked stuff does not affect your stats. unless its the ALrappy. THere is another hack but I can't remeber what it is.

Corey
Jul 12, 2004, 05:05 PM
On 2004-07-12 13:53, TeenGohan wrote:
On the ALrappy thing. It does lower your ATP but if you do something right (I can't say what) then your Atp (on GC anyways) goes WAY WAY up. I hv tested this on my offline only memory card. But NO Hacked stuff does not affect your stats. unless its the ALrappy. THere is another hack but I can't remeber what it is.

Nope. Al Rappy stats don't save to your character.
So if you have 10,000 when you return it will max itself to the class limit. I guess, in a way, Al Rappy DOES affect your character ATP wise, but not to a 'bad' extent.
And nope. Not another item like it...???? is nothing, it's a blank telepipe. The other ???? are either hacked weapons (matrix or Demons items,plus the Guld Milla thats Blue bullets and diff colored Dragon Claw),a ???? frame, and a ???? mag which is a matrix mag (1337est hack http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif)

None do anything to your character

and NO level mats dont exist http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif