PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone I know have a redria section id?

milat
Jul 10, 2004, 01:36 PM
Yes I know becuase of the lavis cannon so I guess I answered my own question BUT other id's drop it to so why not be happy with that?

Ketchup345
Jul 10, 2004, 01:38 PM
A) Redria has the only realistic chance at getting it. Other IDs can takes months of hunting.
B) Redria is all around a great ID. It has the best ID exclusive items.
C) Armors are good.
D) Slicers are great for certain jobs.
E) It is a good ID for any character class (RAngers a bit less than others, but they can live with it).
F) All but one God/* unit.
G) All Cure/* units.

It is considered by many to be one of the top 4 IDs in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-10 11:38 ]</font>

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 10, 2004, 01:57 PM
I love my redria. It has gotten more great items I use than any of my other IDs (unless you count all the god/hps and god/arms from my skyly).

But seriously, the redria lavis drop is only way to get it without going insane. You have to kill 10s of 1,000s of enemies if you want to get it with a different ID.

Genoa
Jul 10, 2004, 03:34 PM
If I had one memory card, and had 4 characters, they're ID's would b
1. Redria
2. Skyly
3. Pinkal
4. Purplenum

And Ketchup covered the main reasons y redria pwns http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 10, 2004, 03:40 PM
Get rid of Pinkal and put a Whitill.

doubletake123
Jul 10, 2004, 05:13 PM
i had a redria but sadly he got corrupted, but ya redria is a great id all over.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 10, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-07-10 13:40, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

Keep the pinkal and lose the purplenum. Not a whitil either. >_<

Shintaro04
Jul 11, 2004, 12:02 AM
On 2004-07-10 11:38, Ketchup345 wrote:

It is considered by many to be one of the top 4 IDs in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-10 11:38 ]</font>

sry, off topic question: what are other 3 top IDs?

Back to topic, Redria is a great ID for rare Armors and especially Lavis Cannon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shintaro04 on 2004-07-10 22:02 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2004, 12:24 AM
On 2004-07-10 20:44, Blue-Hawk wrote:

On 2004-07-10 13:40, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

Keep the pinkal and lose the purplenum. Not a whitil either. >_<

Please don't recommend shitty IDs to people and tell them to avoid excellent ones because you have poor personal luck. -_-

Skorpius
Jul 11, 2004, 12:25 AM
Yellowboze
Whitill
Redria

Top Three.

Xaos127
Jul 11, 2004, 03:25 AM
one word God/....

Genoa
Jul 11, 2004, 07:33 AM
... We have agreed that Redria is one of the best, but the reason I listed purplenum, pinkal, and skyly was for a suggestion from my opinion. Pinkal for disks, skyly for HU weapons, and purplenum for mechguns AND the fact i've always wanted to try to get Psycho Wand.

The items from those ID's will apply to my 4 Characters.

Pinkal - FOmar
Purplenum - RAmarl
Skyly - HUcaseal
Redria - FOnewearl

But see, these are what "I" want, not what I think everyone should have. So, just pretend I only agreed that Redria was a good ID and leave it at that. I do not need your input on what ID's I should have, I have printed, saved, and read all the item drop charts for all ID's, and have studied them well.

Akulamenuri
Jul 11, 2004, 07:33 AM
The only ID that can get God/Battle, now who wouldnt want a God/Battle?

DOG21313
Jul 11, 2004, 07:45 AM
One problem, pinkal doesnt get better tech disks. =/ It has been proven that they find tech disks just like all the other IDs, making pinkal a fairy poor ID unless your only character is a casting force.

Hrith
Jul 11, 2004, 08:45 AM
Exactly, DOG, and that being said, my top three would be Whitill > Purplenum > Skyly, you need a Redria for God/Battle and possibly Rainbow Baton, but it does not make it better than Skyly to me.

LoreSeeker
Jul 11, 2004, 09:35 AM
Redria is the closest thing to a "one-size-fits-all" section ID in PSO. Awesome drops all around, and while it's good offline, it's even better online. An untekked Lavis could go a long way in trading situations, if I'm not mistaken. Based on that, pretty much an item is in your reach through trades because of the rarity of the items you're going to be finding. The value of an untekked Lavis would also increase substantially in legit-only trading situations, because while it's hard to find a duped untekked Lavis online, it's almost impossible to find a legit one.

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2004, 10:41 AM
On 2004-07-11 06:45, Kef wrote:
Exactly, DOG, and that being said, my top three would be Whitill > Purplenum > Skyly, you need a Redria for God/Battle and possibly Rainbow Baton, but it does not make it better than Skyly to me.

What the HELL makes SKYLY better than REDRIA to you? @_@ No, seriously. It's an OK ID, but not one I'd actively maintain. >_>;

And next person who claims that PINKAL gets better tech disks, or more frequent disks, without proving beyond all argument that it does in fact do so, gets a Sato shoved where the sun doesn't shine. -_-

Ian's top IDs: REDRIA, WHITILL, PURPLENUM, eh, whatever.

Genoa
Jul 11, 2004, 11:54 AM
On 2004-07-11 08:41, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-07-11 06:45, Kef wrote:

What the HELL makes SKYLY better than REDRIA to you? @_@ No, seriously. It's an OK ID, but not one I'd actively maintain. >_>;

And next person who claims that PINKAL gets better tech disks, or more frequent disks, without proving beyond all argument that it does in fact do so, gets a Sato shoved where the sun doesn't shine. -_-

Ian's top IDs: REDRIA, WHITILL, PURPLENUM, eh, whatever.

How about showing ME proof that pinkal doesn't get better/more frequent disks. And yes, I read ketchup's sticky, that's not exactly PROOF. And don't ask me to prove that it does either. I couldn't if I tried because i'm not online... infact, I don't even have the game anymore if anyone remembers y. I have a file on Sef's memory card, i've only played it twice cause I barely c him. But when I did have my pinkal, I found plenty of good disks. But, I can't expect any of you to believe me. Just as I won't believe you.

DOG21313
Jul 11, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-07-11 09:54, MegamanX wrote:
How about showing ME proof that pinkal doesn't get better/more frequent disks. And yes, I read ketchup's sticky, that's not exactly PROOF. And don't ask me to prove that it does either. I couldn't if I tried because i'm not online... infact, I don't even have the game anymore if anyone remembers y. I have a file on Sef's memory card, i've only played it twice cause I barely c him. But when I did have my pinkal, I found plenty of good disks. But, I can't expect any of you to believe me. Just as I won't believe you.

Look, I dont mean to be a jerk, but we HAVE showed you proof. At least a lot more proof than you have showed us. I find lots of tech disks with my Skyly, oh, that must mean Skyly has a higher tech disk rate, huh? No. This game is highly based off luck, you were having good luck with tech disks. That doesnt mean your ID must have some higher disk rate, that means you are lucky with disks. If you dont listen to our proof, then we cant ever prove it to you. You would have to go into the game data yourself and see, since you wont believe any of us.

Really, if you do believe differently, fine. I dont care. But dont tell people that Pinkal does get better tech disks, you have no proof to back you up. Now lets put this back on topic, shall we?

I think a lot of people like redria because it finds God/Battle (a very useful unit) and the easiest lavis cannon. The rate of the Redria Lavis Cannon is 1/21, compared to other IDs that go into rates like 1/28000 or higher. It also just has a lot of good all around drops and is a very good ID in general.

Ketchup345
Jul 11, 2004, 03:51 PM

Actually, my sticky includes a quote from Sounomi, who actually looked at the game code, and found all IDs have the same tech disk rates. Code proved that Pinkal is not better with disks. Every ID finds great disks, not just Pinkal.

The other person who claimed to have seen in the code that Pinkal does find more/higher level disks hasn't shown in a while, or updated their website. What he did give are music files.

Genoa
Jul 11, 2004, 07:01 PM
... sounds pretty convincing, maybe it was a coincidence I found them?!?! Oh well, i'd really like to drop the subject. I don't like hard feelings or anything. So lets pretend this discusion doesn't exist.

_tsunami
Jul 11, 2004, 09:53 PM
Isn't redria also the only ID to find magic stone Iritista to make the Rainbow Baton? Prob the best slicer all around http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shiveley
Jul 13, 2004, 12:34 PM
My Redria got corrupted but I still found lots of rare items, then all of a sudden all I find is materials(at least 5 per area), resists and common yellow weapons. So whats my problem.

Zack_H
Jul 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
On 2004-07-11 19:53, _tsunami wrote:
Isn't redria also the only ID to find magic stone Iritista to make the Rainbow Baton? Prob the best slicer all around http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Yea, from a Hildetorr 1/21.

gream-green
Jul 13, 2004, 01:07 PM
On 2004-07-11 13:51, Ketchup345 wrote:

Actually, my sticky includes a quote from Sounomi, who actually looked at the game code, and found all IDs have the same tech disk rates. Code proved that Pinkal is not better with disks. Every ID finds great disks, not just Pinkal.

The other person who claimed to have seen in the code that Pinkal does find more/higher level disks hasn't shown in a while, or updated their website. What he did give are music files.

Personally: Whittil> Redria> Purplenum> SkyLy

Luckiest and favorite and most underrated ID: Greenill

OT: Indeed the Pinkal drop rate is the exact same as every other I.D.'s this is reflected by the game code, Lv. 30 tech discs are by area anyhow, so...it really does not matter what I.D. you play on it only matters what area you play in.

ie. "I want a level 30 FOIE", well then I need to know what area it drops in not what ID finds it becasue all the i.d.'s have exactly the same chance at finding it.

Rainbowlemon
Jul 13, 2004, 02:13 PM
I prefer Redria for the availability of Armours/shields, and rare units. Also, I've learnt to play with a God/Battle now, and feel so empty without one >.> My main Character, a HUnewearl, is skyly, and I really feel now I should have thought about her ID a bit more first - Skyly does find the occasional sweet rare (e.g. Heart of Poumn) but it is primarily a sword ID, so is not really good for any other than Hunters.

Also, Redria has much better 'run-able' areas than other ID's, especially skyly, which has most of it's good rares scattered in various different areas. (Take Redria ruins, for instance. There's practically no rare item in there that you wouldn't want http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)