PDA

View Full Version : New GC modem/bba info...

DarthWufei
Jun 9, 2002, 01:07 AM
This is off of Nintendo's website...

"The NINTENDO GAMECUBE Modem Adapter is currently scheduled to be released on September 16, 2002 for an MSRP of $34.95.

This is offical Nintendo Modem Adaptor website:

http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/gcn_acc_modem.jsp

The NINTENDO GAMECUBE Broadband Adapter is currently scheduled to be released on September 30, 2002 for an MSRP of $34.95.

This is offical Nintendo Broadband Adaptor website:

http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/gcn_acc_broadband.jsp"

It also hints to maybe the Oct 15th PSO date was a fake. We may get the game in Sept, I'm all for this. What does Sega really have left to do? Especially since the game translates itself.

Dangerous55
Jun 9, 2002, 01:14 AM
All of that is good news, I just hope I have a GC by then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GhoStar
Jun 9, 2002, 04:42 AM
That's good and very supporting of a September US release (why else release a modem to gather dust on shop shelves with ZERO games to use it with? Why would stores even want them in that situation?).

The only discouraging thing is the 14 day gap in release, but that's no biggie.

Russ2576
Jun 9, 2002, 06:55 AM
Indeed, they really should release the Modem and BBA at the same time. Kinda dumb to make broadband users wait longer, especially if the game releases at the same time as the modem.

saffaya
Jun 9, 2002, 08:08 AM
I hoped that the BBA would get an earlier release in japan.
But the japanese nintendo site doesn't have any date yet for either modem or BBA ...

DarthWufei
Jun 9, 2002, 02:14 PM
I don't think it'll be too bad. This will be my first time playing PSO. So I think I can wait 2 weeks and play offline only with my sis. I'll need some time to get used to game and all. I just hope it won't take out some of the fun and make online play a little dull. Hmm....

faceless
Jun 10, 2002, 01:10 AM
september will be an expensive month for gaming...

Ziggy-san
Jun 10, 2002, 05:29 AM
Sweet...aaa, I'm curios though...maybe I should ask the Baru fruit...

I'm going to have an ethernet cable modem connection sometime over the summer. Do I need a router or something? I know it's not as simple as unplugging it from the PC and into the adaptor, something about waiting 20 minutes to reset, which may be a bit of an inconveniance if I wanna play a "quick game online", keke.

Let's see...import August 8th...offline train till Sep 25...not too bad! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

[Copies middle message to BaruBanana]

SPECIAL_WEAPON_FOmarl
Jun 10, 2002, 06:19 AM
I can't wait!

Russ2576
Jun 10, 2002, 06:22 AM
On 2002-06-09 12:14, DarthWufei wrote:
I don't think it'll be too bad. This will be my first time playing PSO. So I think I can wait 2 weeks and play offline only with my sis. I'll need some time to get used to game and all. I just hope it won't take out some of the fun and make online play a little dull. Hmm....

Offline will get boring pretty quickly, well maybe not as fast as the DC versions because of the multiplayer part. But man, waiting 2 weeks to get online knowing all of my dial up friends are online will be brutal. I've been thru worse tho. I was stuck offline for the last of Sept. and all of October when v2 came out. Stupid HL problems :|

saffaya
Jun 10, 2002, 09:32 AM
On 2002-06-10 04:22, Russ2576 wrote:
I was stuck offline for the last of Sept. and all of October when v2 came out. Stupid HL problems :|

You're right.
let's hope we won't have the same crap server problems to fight just to buy the HL.
That was a nice showing of incompetence from Sega.

saffaya
Jun 10, 2002, 09:35 AM
I'm going to have an ethernet cable modem connection sometime over the summer. Do I need a router or something? I know it's not as simple as unplugging it from the PC and into the adaptor,

The simplest way would be to buy another NIC card for your PC (that's cheap) and to connect your GC on it.
Then use a NAT program on the PC to route your GC's traffic.
Your PC can still do other things meanwhile.
(BSOD not recommended though)

Rubesahl
Jun 10, 2002, 11:51 AM
-jumps up and down in joy- Yay! I'll have a Broadband adapter by September! That means I'll be able to get online *___* It's such a happy video game year...

BaronLaw
Jun 10, 2002, 12:40 PM
Why wouldn't using the BroadBand Adapter be as simple as merely plugging the ethernet cord into the BBA on the GameCube ?

If you're willing to skip simultaneous use of the PC and GC, then what need is there for a router ?

BaronLaw

BaronLaw
Jun 10, 2002, 12:42 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-10 12:29 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jun 10, 2002, 12:46 PM
Sometimes the router is used so you can share the connection of your PC with other PCs and/or Dreamcast with BBA/or anything that has a BBA. (Aka ethernet port)

saffaya
Jun 10, 2002, 03:05 PM
On 2002-06-10 10:40, BaronLaw wrote:
Why wouldn't using the BroadBand Adapter be as simple as merely plugging the ethernet cord into the BBA on the GameCube ?

ask sonic team.
They are the ones programming PSO. If they care, it'll be possible. It already is for the DC and Unreal tournament.

jonny-5
Jun 10, 2002, 09:14 PM
so is htere any idea on when the Japanese version of the BBA will be out for those who might be importing?

Manny
Jun 10, 2002, 10:23 PM
Wait. I feel lost. You can't just plug the ethernet cord in the BBA and play at the cost of disconnecting your PC connection?
Is there no set up screen for your ISP configurations on the GC like the DC? Do you NEED a router?