PDA

View Full Version : Query.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 11, 2004, 08:26 AM
Is it me, or do those 1/1050 drop rates really mean 1/10500? Like that damned Meteor Cudgle in Whitil. 2,000+ Arlan's killed and nada.
1/900 for the Red Mechs should have been 1/9000. 1,000+ Merlans killed and nothing.

Hrith
Jul 11, 2004, 08:37 AM
they do drop -_- believe me, I am currently hunting Guld in Whitill, and Cudgels, Glories and Red Mechs do drop, PDs, too -_-;

Blue-Hawk
Jul 11, 2004, 08:42 AM
The two handguns I really can live without. Never really hunted for them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

LoreSeeker
Jul 11, 2004, 09:42 AM
Keep in mind that the drop rates are just probabilities controlling when an enemy will drop a certain item. For example, probability would say that after killing 700 Gulgus Gues on my Bluefull, I would end up with one Imperial Pick. Some people get lucky and end up with a few within that time, and others such as myself will end up with nothing after about 1400 kills. Stingy bastards. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

The point is, the more you keep trying to find something, the more the probability turns in your favor. Just keep going, you'll get some nice rares eventually.

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2004, 10:35 AM
Your luck just sucks, as I keep telling you. XP

MKB is a 1050 drop, I got it in about 1350ish. Does that mean the drop rate is wrong because one person took over 1050 Dolmolms for it? No, it just means my luck is blah. I've gone both horribly over and horribly under the drop rates for things many times. Doesn't mean I think the 'average' droprates are all a load of shit, since I understand the concept of 'average'. I just think 'Eh, luck's sucking, oh well, it'll drop'.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 11, 2004, 01:38 PM
Well, then it looks as if Heyfool 'fooled' us all there. >_<

Miroku77
Jul 11, 2004, 05:37 PM
Just because it took me and my friend easily 600 mertilas(the yellow flowers in Jungle area) to get attribute wall. And another 500 to get revival garmemt dosent mean that the 1/366 drop rate is wrong, we just have bad luck.

Xaos127
Jul 11, 2004, 09:30 PM
Well ive killed Vol Opt ver2 exactly 57 times when he droped that damn Ruby Bullet. Figure that out

digigram
Jul 12, 2004, 02:37 AM
I killed all of the DEL-D's in 'one' ULT temple run to get a Yas2000H at the very LAST DEL-D. this is a 1/1050 rate..

I got it at maybe 20 DEL-D's

figure that out--- *mocks Xaos*

I literally hadn't been trying to find it until that run. Fatal and I ran through exactly 2 runs for the YAS2000h and YAS9000m and got both in 2 runs.

1st run = 2000
2nd run = 9000

It was pure luck mind you, but the PSO gods were working our favor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-12 00:39 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2004, 03:08 AM
Shortest time I've ever spent looking for something was the other day when my HUnewearl on PSOBB hit L41 and I decided it was high time to hunt her a Secret Gear.

On the second wave of Gilchics in the first room of Mines, one dropped. XD And then two more dropped later in the run. Amusing.

Me: I want a Secret Gear.
Game: Ok, here it is.
Me: ...O_o; Er, thanks. o.o;

gream-green
Jul 12, 2004, 03:19 AM
On 2004-07-12 00:37, digigram wrote:
I killed all of the DEL-D's in 'one' ULT temple run to get a Yas2000H at the very LAST DEL-D. this is a 1/1050 rate..

I literally hadn't been trying to find it until that run. Fatal and I ran through exactly 2 runs for the YAS2000h and YAS9000m and got both in 2 runs.

1st run = 2000
2nd run = 9000

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-12 00:39 ]</font>

Yea I was there to, that was insane good luck. I ususally dont have too much trouble with 1/1050's its the 1/18,000's etc...that get me. Focused rare hunting often pays off.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 12, 2004, 10:16 AM
On 2004-07-12 00:37, digigram wrote:

1st run = 2000
2nd run = 9000

Damn you. The 2000H is something else I have been trying to get off the spaceship. 1/700. Countless Hidoom's later, not even a red box.

Edit- Oh, and don't even get me started on Ult Seabed. hundreds of trips in there in a few different id's and only 1 red box. A lousy L&K14 Combat with no % on it whatsoever. And THAT came from an item box.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2004-07-12 08:19 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 12, 2004, 10:37 AM
Well Blue-Hawk - it's all just luck, good and bad.

Skyly, lvl 193 Racast, 1000's of Tower Runs. Nothing other than a box drop crappy sword and a few pd's.

Then yesterday, Del Lily drops a red box. I race forward to grab the box, taking a full blast from a Merikle in the process. But I'm happy, a rare sword on a tower! What can it be? Something great!

Sanzo laughs as he revives me.

You really like Dragon's Slayers that much?

(&(^&*%^^*%*^&*%*&^_)&*%&T)*&&&+^!!!!!!

On the other hand, I go with this kid on a Purplenum Temple Run. He says, "Hey, Crimson Assassin. I call the Yas 9000m." "Right" I say. Assassin drops red box, kid picks it up, "Hey, it's the 9000m and it's got 30% on hit!"

(^*#%*^%$^&%$)*#&&#&%(*#^$(_*#&_%*&!!!!!

Yesterday, I'm running temple again and Hidelt drops a red box. Friend grabs it. Oh, a sword. Teks it. Ancient Saber.

*&(*$^#&*($^*#)&^$(_*#&$(&^#_($&+*&!!!!!

Later, love rappy shows up. Young kid who just joined game is lying dead from an Ob Lily blast next to the rappy. "I call Heart of Poumn" I says. "Revive me" he says. I do, kid gets up. I kill Rappy. Kid grabs red box and runs away laughing.

)&#()^*$&%#*&^$(*#^)$&^#(_*%$_(*#&$_*&!!!!

It's all just damn luck.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 12, 2004, 10:49 AM
Sometimes, I'm happy I can't be online.
Well, at least after this Thursday, I will have put PSO to rest untill next month. Tales of Symphonia. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

digigram
Jul 12, 2004, 02:06 PM
Later, love rappy shows up. Young kid who just joined game is lying dead from an Ob Lily blast next to the rappy. "I call Heart of Poumn" I says. "Revive me" he says. I do, kid gets up. I kill Rappy. Kid grabs red box and runs away laughing.

which is why I have not been on for 2-3 days.

lol..

gream-green
Jul 12, 2004, 02:45 PM
On 2004-07-12 12:06, digigram wrote:

which is why I have not been on for 2-3 days.

lol..

What a P**nk *ss, that sucks, I have been looking for the Heart of Poumn forever. Digi, come back. Remebers that kid who kept being like "can you all revive me" over and over and over ---well that's why I was hesitant...coat tails.

Sitka
Jul 12, 2004, 02:55 PM
Gream, lets run temple tonight. Love Rappy = 1/2 drop for Heart of Poumn and I've been seeing lots of Love Rappies lately (most on c-mode unfortunately).

Digi, we got to finish some c-moding if you're up or we'll run some games with just those we can trust.

Also, I need help chasing down that twin blaze if you guys are up for chasing down some Morphos.
Drop rate is actually pretty good.

That is, if you're feeling lucky.

And there's always the Skyly Tower Runs.....

Rainbowlemon
Jul 12, 2004, 04:56 PM
On 2004-07-12 01:08, Ian-KunX wrote:
Shortest time I've ever spent looking for something was the other day when my HUnewearl on PSOBB hit L41 and I decided it was high time to hunt her a Secret Gear.

On the second wave of Gilchics in the first room of Mines, one dropped. XD And then two more dropped later in the run. Amusing.

Me: I want a Secret Gear.
Game: Ok, here it is.
Me: ...O_o; Er, thanks. o.o;

Oh...my...god. The very same happened to me with my Redria HUnewearl on PSOBB beta - 1 dropped straight away, then 2 others later...how disturbing...

Zack_H
Jul 12, 2004, 05:34 PM
On 2004-07-11 06:26, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Is it me, or do those 1/1050 drop rates really mean 1/10500? Like that damned Meteor Cudgle in Whitil. 2,000+ Arlan's killed and nada.
1/900 for the Red Mechs should have been 1/9000. 1,000+ Merlans killed and nothing.

I got the Red Mechs on my 11th Ruins run, while searching for the Spread Needle. Just keep hunting it will drop. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zack_H on 2004-07-12 15:35 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 12, 2004, 06:29 PM
ok sitka.. i'll come on, I'm using 2 video cards now, so I gotta reboot anytime I want to use my Capture card (the only TV I can use my xbox on due to other game system conflicts with my wife wanting to play) ...

we have all the systems.. and when I want to play xbox, she wants on GC for wind waker.