PDA

View Full Version : About the Red Ring...

Jason
Jul 11, 2004, 12:01 PM
Have anyone got it? I know of a way to but I don't know if it actually works and am wondering if you have got it by doing these steps:

1. In Ultimate Mode, equip whatever equipments you use and hold a weapon or armor that can decrease your HP to be able to kill yourself such as: Lavis Cannon; Twin Blaze: Yami; Soul Banish; etc..

2. Go through Ruins and kill Dark Falz.

3. Don't enter the teleporter when you defeated Dark Falz.

4. While still in the area, kill yourself with any weapon that can kill you like these examples I mentioned in step 1.

5. When your HP hits 0, return to Pioneer 2.

6. Return to the area where you defeated Dark Falz.

7. You now have a chance of getting a Red Ring there (with a chance of 1/64 or whatever for the Red Ring to be there every time you try).

Did that really work? I know that ST have not yet let the Red Ring to be dropped so it'll have to be obtainable online only if ST will ever let it to have a chance for Dark Falz to drop it. But by performing this "glitch" by doing the steps I mentioned above, does it really work? Have some of you here got a Red Ring this way? I have read somewhere that if you got an item that is not normally programmed for you to get yet, you won't be able to get another red box (rare item)?

jspacemunkey
Jul 11, 2004, 12:19 PM
there are a lot of rumored methods for obtaining the dark falz and olga flow drops, but the fact is that both bosses have 0% drop rates. they cannot drop anything. while the method you've presented is certainly an interesting idea, i do not see why it would work when the drop rate is 0%.

as for an item preventing you from finding rares, i know that on xbox there are a couple hacked items (1308 mags, for example) and cheat methods (stacking) that are proven to prevent one from finding rares. as to whether or not a red ring found by the method you've detailed would do the same i can't say.

LoreSeeker
Jul 11, 2004, 12:30 PM
I don't think anyone has been inventive enough to try your method for finding a Red Ring. The fact is, though, that every Red Ring in the game is a hack at this point, because nobody has found a way to legitly get one. So many people think that Red Rings are legit though... I saw a guy wearing one who claimed to be legit and called me a loser when I pointed out that all Red Rings are hacks.

Superguppie
Jul 11, 2004, 01:32 PM
This method has been suggested some time ago. I know of people swearing they got it that way. And a few more that swear they got Parasitic Gene Flow by doing it at Olga Flow. It got to the point were people promised to post videos of doing it. And then it all went silent. Apparently there was 1 post on some other site with the video. But before I could view it, it was taken off again. So, for now we have believers and disbelievers, and no proof whatsoever.

@LoreSeeker. If those people who claim to have found it are right, some people have been inventive and persistent enough to do it. Although, ofcourse noone has delivered any proof.
For the rest of it, I agree. If you see a Red Ring (or any of the 3 Dark Weapons) it's a hack. Until that video is posted, consider anyone claiming otherwise either a fool or a lyer

Jason
Jul 11, 2004, 02:50 PM
I knew that method had been suggested some time ago, I can't stop wondering whether this really does work or not. I didn't have the answer for that some time ago, so I'm still wondering if anyone finally know the answer up to now. That's why I posted this topic up.

On 2004-07-11 10:19, jspacemunkey wrote:
...while the method you've presented is certainly an interesting idea, i do not see why it would work when the drop rate is 0%...

The method I've presented is performing a glitch to have the Red Ring a chance to drop in its standard drop rate of 1/64 (that's its chance to be dropped before it becomes 0%). And that standard drop rate happens to be not 0%... You do know what a game glitch is, don't you? But some people and I here don't know for certain that this method actually does work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-11 13:02 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 03:40 PM
On 2004-07-11 12:50, Jason wrote:

The method I've presented is performing a glitch

If its a glitch then its still not legit. Utilizing a glitch is cheating.

Ketchup345
Jul 11, 2004, 04:05 PM
On 2004-07-11 13:40, Quo wrote:

Then the game cheats quite often. There is the can't hit enemies even though you are in the same room (but next to a hall, best example is the last room of Ruins), FSOD, BSOD, FSOD-X, autotargetting boxes in another room, and more.

Actually, this may not uite be considered a glitch. You don't do anything harmful to the game. You may not be glitching the game, but rather allowing the game to drop something.

And cheats work 100% of the time. This has large chance of not working (I think it uses 1/64 for this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-11 14:07 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 11, 2004, 04:06 PM
yes, i know what a "glitch" is. there's no need to act patronizing. what i was attempting to convey was my incredulity at such a thing actually working. ultimately, there's one point that can't be ignored: pso did not hit store shelves yesterday. if the exploit you've mentioned actually worked everyone would would be aware of it by now.

superguppie -- i'd tend to be wary of any movies made to prove that this exploit works because it would be very easy to fake a successful attempt. all you'd need is a hacked red ring, and we all know there are plenty of those around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-11 14:22 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 04:16 PM
On 2004-07-11 14:05, Ketchup345 wrote:

Then the game cheats quite often. There is the can't hit enemies even though you are in the same room (but next to a hall, best example is the last room of Ruins), FSOD, BSOD, FSOD-X, autotargetting boxes in another room, and more.

Actually, this may not uite be considered a glitch. You don't do anything harmful to the game. You may not be glitching the game, but rather allowing the game to drop something.

And cheats work 100% of the time. This has large chance of not working (I think it uses 1/64 for this).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-11 14:07 ]</font>

So, then the game cheats. Games do that a lot. That doesn't mean we should cheat to even the field.

Not all cheats work 100% of the time. Hacks work 100% of the time (given that the hacker knows what he's doing), but there are other forms of cheating. And, if this glitch works, it does work 100% of the time. Its purpose is not to get the Red Ring; its purpose is to activate DF/OF's drop rates. If it worked it would give you a 1/64 chance everytime you did it, thus cheating.

The simple point is this: Sonic Team doesn't want us to have the Red Ring or Parasitic Gene: Flow yet. So, we should have them. Anyone who has it does so illegitimately anyway they went about getting it.

Cc08
Jul 11, 2004, 04:28 PM
A while ago, I remember Sou saying that the programmers can't turn the drop on or off online. This means that they can't update the servers and make the drop work. It is the way the game was programmed. So, they would have to release a new version of the game to get the drop to work. That is the reason that many people believe Jason's way is the one that works. I would think that ST wouldn't make that big of a mistake to turn the drop totally off and not have it able to turn on. I think Jason's method might work, and I may test it soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-07-11 14:29 ]</font>

Eanae
Jul 11, 2004, 04:59 PM
On 2004-07-11 14:28, Cc08 wrote:
A while ago, I remember Sou saying that the programmers can't turn the drop on or off online. This means that they can't update the servers and make the drop work. It is the way the game was programmed. So, they would have to release a new version of the game to get the drop to work. That is the reason that many people believe Jason's way is the one that works. I would think that ST wouldn't make that big of a mistake to turn the drop totally off and not have it able to turn on. I think Jason's method might work, and I may test it soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cc08 on 2004-07-11 14:29 ]</font>

Not nessisary true. ST could always release a quest that activates the drop. I'm still curious if PSO+ or BB has anything different in the drop rates for faltz. With BB it's probably too early to tell, and I have no idea about pso+

Jason
Jul 11, 2004, 05:28 PM

On 2004-07-11 12:50, Jason wrote:

The method I've presented is performing a glitch

I didn't say either it is legit or it is not.

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-07-11 15:28, Jason wrote:

I know. I'm just saying that if it works it shouldn't be done.

Jason
Jul 11, 2004, 07:48 PM
On 2004-07-11 15:30, Quo wrote:

On 2004-07-11 15:28, Jason wrote:

I know. I'm just saying that if it works it shouldn't be done.

I know. I only want to know if the method actually does work. Not saying I would do it if it work.

Superguppie
Jul 12, 2004, 04:10 AM
On 2004-07-11 14:06, jspacemunkey wrote:
superguppie -- i'd tend to be wary of any movies made to prove that this exploit works because it would be very easy to fake a successful attempt. all you'd need is a hacked red ring, and we all know there are plenty of those around.

Ofcourse a movie wouldn't be conclusive evidence. But as yet, these movies haven't been posted at all, despite people saying they would do so.

Also, the drop tables and the drop anything rate are for 'normal' drops upon monster destruction. There are other ways of creating items. So, I can imagine RR and PGF 'dropping' in an alternative way. I sure hope there is, and that it is conclusively discovered soon...

Armok
Jul 12, 2004, 07:00 AM
I tend to believe that it come be possible

After all, all the ppl who say its a turned off drop are the same ppl that told use months ago that killing 23,000 enemys does not unseal the J sword. So i tend to believe they don't know as much as they claim/

Exus
Jul 12, 2004, 09:40 AM
may i just add its not olga or flaz who give the rares .. so why would they need a drop rate... i have seen the pg flow appearing.. but i've only seen it twice in the two years of playing online.. and its only happend online.But if you dont believe me feel free to call my info bullshit .. but i know what i saw.

Eanae
Jul 12, 2004, 09:47 AM
On 2004-07-12 07:40, Exus wrote:
may i just add its not olga or flaz who give the rares .. so why would they need a drop rate... i have seen the pg flow appearing.. but i've only seen it twice in the two years of playing online.. and its only happend online.But if you dont believe me feel free to call my info bullshit .. but i know what i saw.

How do you know you saw it drop? It's easy enough for some hacker to drop a hacked one and claim that it "dropped" from something. On what server did you see it drop?

After all, all the ppl who say its a turned off drop are the same ppl that told use months ago that killing 23,000 enemys does not unseal the J sword. So i tend to believe they don't know as much as they claim/

Has this been proven yet? Yes I read ketchup's post about it, but it says it hasn't been truely proven as of yet. Or atleast last time I checked it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-07-12 07:48 ]</font>

Cc08
Jul 12, 2004, 10:48 AM
Has this been proven yet? Yes I read ketchup's post about it, but it says it hasn't been truely proven as of yet. Or atleast last time I checked it...Yes, many honest members from here have done it.

jspacemunkey
Jul 12, 2004, 12:06 PM
wait, barubary's 23000 kill counter method does work? who has unsealed the sealed j with it? i would be really excited to hear from a couple of the people who have used this method successfully. i was told by someone i trust that the method in ketchup's sticky had been tested and disproven. if baru's method works i'm gonna go insane with joy.

back to the red ring... yeah, a glitch can cause anything to happen. it's not impossible that this would work, but like most methods of obtaining the red ring (or parasitic gene "flow") it's been around for a while. i do not doubt that many people have already tried this method and were it to work we would know about it by now. however, if you really want to know whether it works or not you should try it out. it's very straightforward. give it a couple whacks and see what happens. there are a few people here at least, including the poster who started this topic, who would like to know what the deal is.

exus -- the main reason every gets suspicious when people insist that they've seen the gene online is that there's never any proof. when you say "i've seen the gene twice" and don't offer up the method you used to see the gene, we cannot test and verify your method. if you could figure out what you did that caused the gene to drop and delineate the process for us, we could test it out and see if it works.

eanae brings up another good point: hackers do occassionally screw with people by dropping the parasitic gene in ult seabed games once olga flow is defeated. i know of two cases where the hacker was caught in the act. anyway, all that means is that you need to be leary of people you've never played with before. if you were playing with a group of friends when you saw the gene drop then this couldn't be an issue.

Jason
Jul 12, 2004, 12:57 PM
On 2004-07-12 10:06, jspacemunkey wrote:
...however, if you really want to know whether it works or not you should try it out. it's very straightforward. give it a couple whacks and see what happens...

If the method does work, I won't know if it does work if I did give it a try, and it won't drop a Red Ring every time if it works because the chance is about 1/64. And for me it is too time consuming to repeat the run through the Ruins to Dark Falz in every try. I won't want to be trying this alone. As a group the result will come quicker.

jspacemunkey
Jul 12, 2004, 01:17 PM
of course. that suggestion was directed at everyone who wonder if the method might work, not just you. and i'm aware of the 1/64 drop rate. you'd have to make multiple tries before you'd even have a chance of a drop. "a couple whacks" was intended as understatment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif anyway, either the method works or it doesn't, and since no one seems to know for absolute certain that it doesn't work (ie tested the method extensively) the only course of action is to test the method. i would offer my help as well but i'm averse to using a potential glitch and i don't have a character in a position to make falz runs.

offtopic -- btw, is your sig recent? are you still trying to get a syncesta from an oran 'torr? just curious. i've decided to get three so i can make the full lavis set. kinda painful, you know?

Jason
Jul 12, 2004, 03:25 PM
On 2004-07-12 11:17, jspacemunkey wrote:
offtopic -- btw, is your sig recent? are you still trying to get a syncesta from an oran 'torr? just curious. i've decided to get three so i can make the full lavis set. kinda painful, you know?

Yes, my sig is of now. I'm still trying, haven't got my first Syncesta yet. I'm planning to get two to create just a Double Cannon. My Lavis Cannon is waiting in my Check Room...

Quo
Jul 12, 2004, 03:30 PM
On 2004-07-12 13:25, Jason wrote:

I'm planning to get two to create just a Double Cannon. My Lavis Cannon is waiting in my Check Room...

I thought your plan was to go for the Lavis Blades. Did you change your mind?

Castershell
Jul 13, 2004, 02:26 AM
What I don't understand is, why don't these "hackers" just make a code that can alter the drop rates? I remember seeing a series of codes that raised drop rates for enemies or somesuch, if DF and OF have drop rates, they can be raised.

Now mind you, I'm not saying I condone such things, but it would be a nice way of knowing if there even are drop rates for them and it's just at 0% at the moment, or if they just don't have drop rates at all until ST decides.

Jason
Jul 13, 2004, 10:22 PM
On 2004-07-12 13:30, Quo wrote:

On 2004-07-12 13:25, Jason wrote:

I'm planning to get two to create just a Double Cannon. My Lavis Cannon is waiting in my Check Room...

I thought your plan was to go for the Lavis Blades. Did you change your mind?

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Heh, you remember? Yeah, I changed my mind. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aceizace
Jul 30, 2004, 09:12 PM
Grr... just lost a long post because i 'signed out'. Sigh.

Take two: I heard that another way to do it was to take a red/dark weapon and then when you approached heathcliff/rico there was a minute (my-nute) chance that they dropped it. And i think you had to be an Oran...? Well either way that made sense to me why OF/DF didn't have a drop rate because it isn't actually dropping it like a regular monster would.

That may've been disproven, i dunno, i havn't been here for a while http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Eanae
Aug 1, 2004, 02:32 PM
On 2004-07-30 19:12, Aceizace wrote:
Grr... just lost a long post because i 'signed out'. Sigh.

Take two: I heard that another way to do it was to take a red/dark weapon and then when you approached heathcliff/rico there was a minute (my-nute) chance that they dropped it. And i think you had to be an Oran...? Well either way that made sense to me why OF/DF didn't have a drop rate because it isn't actually dropping it like a regular monster would.

That may've been disproven, i dunno, i havn't been here for a while http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

1) Don't bump old topics.

2) No. All they do is allow you to see rico / flowen after you kill them.

Lenard
Aug 12, 2004, 10:10 PM
where did u get the numbser 1/64? the red ring and parasitic gene flow if they were to be found legitly i would imagine to be quite rare, so the number 1/64 doesnt really seem like enought to me, the drop rate for oran to find an agito 75 from a nano dragon in ultimate caves is 1/18332 and agito 75 is only 10 stars and the parasitic gene flow doesnt have a given rarity and the red rings given rarity is 12 stars. 2 items much rarer with a lower drop rate? i doubt that. im not saying the method is bad, just maybe the numbers. however this does make me curious and i intend on trying this method for myself once i reach ultimate with my new character seeing as i have a lavis cannon and parasite wear.

Corey
Aug 12, 2004, 10:27 PM
first off, your not the god of Demi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
okay, but seriously and on topic...
1/64 is the estimated average of the drop of both Falz and Olga

Lenard
Aug 12, 2004, 11:12 PM
i kno but it just seems a bit low too me in comparison to other lessrare items thus making me slightly skeptikal of the numbers

btw a Demi God is a minor god that doesnt serve a major function and has some but not all of the powers of a god, refer to greek mythology, there's alot of em. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lenard on 2004-08-12 21:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lenard on 2004-08-12 21:14 ]</font>