PDA

View Full Version : Challenge - When you are going to lose...

Sharkyland
Jul 11, 2004, 03:10 PM
When you are going to lose it for the team, you...

Sharkyland
Jul 11, 2004, 03:15 PM
I disconnect sadly.

Sure there might be someone who can give you an extra scape or that mate to give you another fighting chance, but having like 3hp and them being on the other side of the map, I will definitely disconnect...

So far I d/ced from both e1c4 and e2c2. From the e1c4 game, someone died early, so I gave them my scapes leaving myself with one. Upon entering the final boss, I only had three mates. Mates when bye bye as fireballs passed and I lost my mate since those columns that follow you exploded early before I could get hit by a fireball. From the e2c2 game, it was kinda my fault, so I know that if I died that I would be the result of the failure. I died early getting cornered by wolves then a jumping delsaber to deliver the blow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jarek
Jul 12, 2004, 12:19 AM
hahaha
Well, it depends on who I am playing with, but I'll usually DC--especially if I'm not the one who needs the time.
In fact, I just DC last night at gal so another team member could get it finished.

hucasts_rock
Jul 12, 2004, 01:31 AM
Well, if it's a bunch of people I don't know, I'll probably disconnect. If it's a group of friends, we'll purposely die and start over or just quit for a while and try again later.

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2004, 01:41 AM
Eh, I'm pretty sacraficial. I'm the type, who let's go ahead of me even though I fall behind type thing. But I can somewhat find a game... sometimes.

Shigecki
Jul 12, 2004, 02:10 AM
Well I've never been in this situation. I'd probably die in hopes that it would help the team in the next run (graves). But like I said, never happened to me.

Sheik1
Jul 12, 2004, 06:24 AM
Hm...usually I do not end up in this situation because I will play TA or "run fast" kind of rooms most of the time now. Only in beginner or "clear" rooms so I find this a problem. If I want to start a room I will usually go with a friend and make a "run fast" kind of room as it fills up quickly. This "run fast" room is maybe considered a "beginner's TA" room and I like this...you don't have to be perfect, but mostly for practice or clearing the stage fast. All players should know the map very well...and know where to go...but TA skill and tactics don't have to be perfect.

A fun room or clear room, though, that does not specify the team's preference...maybe you can try new tactics here and maybe miss is ok since most of the time players who do not need that stage may join just for practice. Maybe only one of the players or the room creator needs that stage complete. If you make a miss in this kind of a room you are almost definiatly forgiven for bad play style or a miss.

Most of the players, like me, really just play and have fun with the stage...even TA with friends is fun. If someone misses...no problem...all in good fun I think. No reason to get upset since it is just a game and can be replayed. Either I do not mind...drop or stay.

I know I played in a C8 room...and the one player that needed the stage complete dropped from the game...so we decided just to quit the stage. It served no purpose for us as we definiatly would not get time with 3 players and the other player could be waiting in the lobby...for the game to finish.

I have absolutly no problem soft resetting my GameCube. If I happen to miss, nearly all of the time the other players say np so it is good anyway. Everyone makes mistakes and challenge is no different.

If someone makes a mistake...there is no need to make them feel so bad about it...no matter how bad you wanted to clear that stage. A lot of people around here seem to have difficulty clearning E2C3...especially some of my friends on the US ship (I personally have problems with seabed stage and need my friend to teach me soon).

I played this a few times with a friend the other day. Two of the players that joined I did not know...one was a very good seabed player. We played in a normal fun room, I am still a beginner with the FOnl. We fail at boss (FOnl tp0...no good)...but since it is for fun and practice, no problem (I made the room). I think fail, especially on difficult stage like seabed, is ok. It is rare that a player will get upset if you are playing in a fun or beginner's room.

If you stomp out of the room maybe you will never play with that player again...that is not a good thing since word seems to get around quickly about bad players...I know... Sometimes after playing games I will discuss play styles after with a friend if he played with me to help improve my play style and not repeat bad things myself.

Hm...maybe it is a judgement call...I will wait until the last second to disconnect in this situation. If you are playing for time (TA or "run fast")...if you run into this situation...you need some more practice before joining this type of room again...this kind of room is not for beginners, although sadly sometimes beginners will join most likely not realizing the kind of room they are joining...most players who play TA or "run fast" I think will not use roman numbers anywhere in the room name. I will type it different ways some times depending on who I am playing with and if I am in a bad or good mood...or just got annoyed in the previous room from a beginner that was not supposed to be in that room.

Anyway, remember this is just a game and designed to be for fun...so if you are worried about the team succeeding and you don't need to clear the stage then don't give up a fuss and just soft reset your GameCube...you will be back online in about 30 seconds and you can discuss with your team mate of why you disconnected and say you are sorry...and make sure they compelted the stage successfully too!^^

Sitka
Jul 12, 2004, 10:09 AM
I remember playing a game with Asia Skyly in which he dropped out as the fonewearl to give us chance to finish the boss and the stage. It worked out as well and I was thankful to him.

On the other hand, I can also recall facing Vol Opt in a game with Asia in which we went into the battle with no scapes, no mates and low HP. We didn't really think we had a chance, but we said what the hell and went for it anyway.

Asia coached us to focus only on the red pillars until the second form and somehow following that strategy we survived and beat the stage. That was insanely fun because one hit to any member would have ended it.

Sometimes you make the sacrifice and sometimes you just say what the hell and you go for it.

gream-green
Jul 12, 2004, 12:03 PM
error scuse' me all apologies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-12 16:28 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-07-12 08:09, Sitka wrote:
I remember playing a game with Asia Skyly in which he dropped out as the fonewearl to give us chance to finish the boss and the stage. It worked out as well and I was thankful to him.

On the other hand, I can also recall facing Vol Opt in a game with Asia in which we went into the battle with no scapes, no mates and low HP. We didn't really think we had a chance, but we said what the hell and went for it anyway.

Asia coached us to focus only on the red pillars until the second form and somehow following that strategy we survived and beat the stage. That was insanely fun because one hit to any member would have ended it.

Sometimes you make the sacrifice and sometimes you just say what the hell and you go for it.

Certain bosses I know, I can live through, and there are some like, eh... he's DEFINITELY going to kill me.

Mixfortune
Jul 12, 2004, 04:07 PM
Luckily, Vol Opt is the easiest boss in Challenge Mode, especially when you want a boss that you can kill without it hitting you at all.

I only really had to disconnect once, during Gol Dragon. From what I heard though, the team ended up failing the stage anyways. Quite unfortunate. Other than that I have not really been involved in problems of that sort online.

There have been a few times when we've encountered disconnect-worthy situations in offline CMode, but disconnecting for that is not an option. Luckily we ended up completing the stage anyways.... definitely a stroke of luck there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-07-12 14:09 ]</font>

Asia_Skyly
Jul 15, 2004, 08:59 AM
If it is E2C2 or C3, I will drop. In E1, at Flow, if I am about to die I will drop, most accurately I will quit.

I had an awesome game the other day with a couple of fellows on E2C2. At the begining of it, one of our teammates had to go, leaving 3 of us. He was seasoned enough to drop us all of his useful items. I almost cried since I am so used to people just leaving and taking their precious scapes, mates, weapons and fluids with them (idiots!).

Anyway, we made it to the last floor. At the last floor, I had to take an entire section all by himself and I was playing my Fomar Asia Sky. This meants a tons of Gilchics (easy) but other nuiseances were there, Delbsabers included. This was harder than what I am used to in Cmode.

When we got to the boss we took a beating, I did all I could but being that I was a Fomar my damage was mediocre at best (got to love the Fonewearl damage). With 4hp left, no mates and no scapes I dropped in the hopes my teammates could complete the challenge.

The last thing my teammates heard was by status situation and worried about not being able to finish. The last thing they SAW was a zonde ball hitting the ground and missing the vanished Asia Sky just as it touched the ground. The timing, they swear, was immaculate. I bolted, and the two lonesome droids finished the stage. I was really proud of being able to help my teammates by dropping, even if I needed the stage myself. It is moments like these, even in the face of defeat, why I love C mode.

rena-ko
Jul 15, 2004, 09:17 AM
i was in tons of games recently and in none of them i saw a person DC on purpose except myself once.

thing is, why should i, since noone else would.

it solely resolves down to my current mood in the moment.

on the other hand, its a matter of the situation... given were at olga, i'm a punny ramarl that has 1 monomate and 0 dolls i stay away from the fight.

this doesnt require to brainlessly run around the map's egde, this requires to focus the battle all the time and keep away from gael,giel,wave,rain, everything.

of course i do that only if i can savely tell that he's about to die any second. if i'm outa stuff at the boss start i deliver everything left and go.

anyway.
matter of situation and if i think those people deserve the clear or not.