PDA

View Full Version : Whats with NPCs wearing purple rings?

Digi-Dolphin
Jul 11, 2004, 04:28 PM
My husband WarSong recently got the purple ring from vhard ttf, and then decided to try a normal mode Blue Star Memories quest for the hell of it. We were shocked to find that both Break and Orland were now wearing Purple Rings when they didnt have them before!

Any ideas as to what caused this? Do the NPCs change based on what you do in other quests? (not including seat of heart and other offline quests, i know about those)

Dhylec
Jul 11, 2004, 10:57 PM
hm.. that's new
maybe i should try that sometimes to see if it is like so

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-07-11 21:01 ]</font>

WarSong
Jul 12, 2004, 10:17 PM
i tested it, i ran a vh mode ttf and then ran a normal mode BSM, orland and break were wearing purple rings, made me glad i hadn't brought mine along, those boys looked at each other many times with hearts flying around, it was funny.

BTW did you know i am one of the four heros?

Solstis
Jul 12, 2004, 10:21 PM
On 2004-07-12 20:17, WarSong wrote:
i tested it, i ran a vh mode ttf and then ran a normal mode BSM, orland and break were wearing purple rings, made me glad i hadn't brought mine along, those boys looked at each other many times with hearts flying around, it was funny.

BTW did you know i am one of the four heros?

awww...

That's an odd thing to notice. Good Job Diji!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2004-07-12 20:21 ]</font>

Armok
Jul 13, 2004, 07:31 AM
Try with white rings

Anuminus
Jul 13, 2004, 06:29 PM
As far as I know, and from personal experience here's what has happened for me: offline ONLY the NPC's have always had the same barrier as me, I'm not sure about the armor though. The reason you probably didn't notice it before was because obviously you can only notice it if the shield is visible. Flame Barriers won't show up on you OR NPC's obviously because they're not visible, but Standstill Shields and Purple Rings DO show up on you so they show up on the NPC. I noticed this when I did Black Paper on Vh. with one of my characters when Kroe at the end of Cave 3 had a Shield of Delsaber on. I realized then that if I did the quest over, or any other one with a "friendly" NPC in it I'd see SoD on them because Anuminus my character had it equipped. If I had Kasami Bracer on Ult. and did one of the quests they would have a Kasami Bracer. (As far as I know) If I'm wrong or there are requirements to this happening by all means correct me, I'm only speaking from personal exp., not proven fact. Hope that helped but maybe someone will confirm what I've said.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anuminus on 2004-07-13 16:31 ]</font>

_tsunami
Jul 16, 2004, 01:06 AM
wow this is new to me too.
so in other words to protect your NPCs wear better barriers? lol

Dark_Cloud
Jul 16, 2004, 02:49 AM
Yeah i noticed the purple rings on the blue star memories. Jenni had 2 young admirers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif i havn't tried it with other shields though.

shadowhex
Jul 16, 2004, 06:37 PM
As far as I know, and from personal experience here's what has happened for me: offline ONLY the NPC's have always had the same barrier as me, I'm not sure about the armor though. The reason you probably didn't notice it before was because obviously you can only notice it if the shield is visible. Flame Barriers won't show up on you OR NPC's obviously because they're not visible, but Standstill Shields and Purple Rings DO show up on you so they show up on the NPC. I noticed this when I did Black Paper on Vh. with one of my characters when Kroe at the end of Cave 3 had a Shield of Delsaber on. I realized then that if I did the quest over, or any other one with a "friendly" NPC in it I'd see SoD on them because Anuminus my character had it equipped. If I had Kasami Bracer on Ult. and did one of the quests they would have a Kasami Bracer. (As far as I know) If I'm wrong or there are requirements to this happening by all means correct me, I'm only speaking from personal exp., not proven fact. Hope that helped but maybe someone will confirm what I've said.
As far as I know, everytime I've played the Black Paper quest on Hard and above she has had the Shield of Delsaber on, and I don't use that shield (at least, not until I get my Delsaber Buster). Of course, this is offline only, but you did say offline...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shadowhex on 2004-07-16 16:39 ]</font>

Anuminus
Jul 16, 2004, 06:47 PM
Hm, thats strange, maybe its just that quest, I though she was copying me but I must be mistaken, I WAS wearing SoD then but anyway, thanks for correcting me.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 16, 2004, 08:00 PM
On 2004-07-16 16:37, shadowhex wrote:

As far as I know, everytime I've played the Black Paper quest on Hard and above she has had the Shield of Delsaber on, and I don't use that shield (at least, not until I get my Delsaber Buster). Of course, this is offline only, but you did say offline...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: shadowhex on 2004-07-16 16:39 ]</font>

yeh you're right, she does have a delsaber shield.

FattyMcGee
Jul 17, 2004, 08:12 PM
On 2004-07-13 16:29, Anuminus wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anuminus on 2004-07-13 16:31 ]</font>

After reading this article I went and tested out some of the quests with my RAmar (offline), who has a standstill shield equipped (easily recognizable). None of the NPCs wore it when I did, not even the ones who's character class would have allowed them to.

So no, the shield they wear does not depend on the one you are wearing. At least, offline it doesn't.

--fatty