PDA

View Full Version : Why do I attract the idiots and n00bs on AIM?

Kuea
Jul 11, 2004, 10:21 PM
well around 10-15 people who are not member of PSOW have gotten my AIM name from here

well sure I know people are gonna say that if I don't want random people talking to me don't put it there blah blah blah

well you know what? I don't have a problem with it except for when idiot noobs talk to me

they are all hackers trying to say they are legit or total noobs

one of the hackers keeps on saying he has legit red ring and black king bar that he got from dark falz and olga flow

one of the noobs asked me what level you had to be to equip flowens shield........ It says it right there on the info

whats worse is later he asked me what level you had to be to equip the soul banish

all sorts of stuff like that

I point out that they are wrong or link them to something here proving they are wrong and they just call me stuff and insult me and sign off

well I block them and they jut get another name and continue like nothing hapened

it pisses me off to no end

Zaneatron
Jul 11, 2004, 10:38 PM
Your not the only one -_-

Ive had several people randomly AIM me, and its greatly annoying, cause i dont know these people, and it makes me uncomfortable talking to them.

I wouldnt mind if they actually posted on these here forums, but most of them dont, so i have nothing to base their personality on. I wouldnt really care if pretty much anyone from FKL AIM'd me, cause im likely to know who they are. But its the random people who AIM you and expect you to talk to them, and mainly on PSO. God dammit! I dont talk about PSO anymore really, i have no need to, if i want to discuss things about it, I either post on the forums or play the dam game and discuss it with people I know. Discussing it with people who are completely new to the game and you dont know is as painful as smacking your head against a brick wall then burying several pointed objects into your forehead.

I dont have the heart to just block people, but that is gradually changing, especially with one particular person who has god knows how many AIM names now http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Just cause the AIM symbol is there under my name does not mean you just have the right to just message me, and then expect me to want to talk to you and on a topic of your choice, albeit PSO as well. I just dont fucking care. Leave me alone. If you want to add me, at least extend me the courtasy of PMing me of your decision, so that I can expect your potential barrage of mindless shit.

If your a random person in future, do not expect friendliness from me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zaneatron on 2004-07-11 20:41 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 11, 2004, 10:39 PM
AIM is a totally different world from PSOW. If someone IMs you, and they're acting like an idiot. Forget linking them to pages and such. Just tell them to "SHUT THE FUCK UP." And then block them (maybe warn them a couple of times first for good measure).

I try to be nice to everyone in PSOW, but if someone IMs me and is being a jerk, I don't even thing about hesitating to tell them off.

Kuea
Jul 11, 2004, 10:42 PM
-_-

I do tell them to shut the **** up

I do block them

they keep on coming back though

Sayara
Jul 11, 2004, 10:44 PM
Err.. Prehaps you should try and be a little more "harsh" then Shut up and block. Really sink it down into their skin to leave you alone. I've done it acopula times before...

If you use AIM (like non AOL Service) doeesn't it ask you if "So and so wishes to speak to you do you accept?" You could always just say no.

Kuea
Jul 11, 2004, 10:46 PM
no it just pops up the new chat window

Dhylec
Jul 11, 2004, 10:47 PM
well, a little advice..
remove that aim username or all contact info off your profile to save yourself some future annoyance
& only give it to those you wanna http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Myopathy
Jul 11, 2004, 10:47 PM
On 2004-07-11 20:42, Eclair wrote:
-_-

I do block them

The come back with new SNs? o_O

That's kind of getting stalker-like.

In that case, I would just use an unreasonably large amount of demeaning phrases. It probably won't stop them, but it'll make you feel better temporarily.

Kuea
Jul 11, 2004, 10:49 PM
On 2004-07-11 20:47, Ezellaur wrote:

On 2004-07-11 20:42, Eclair wrote:
-_-

I do block them

The come back with new SNs? o_O

That's kind of getting stalker-like.

In that case, I would just use an unreasonably large amount of demeaning phrases. It probably won't stop them, but it'll make you feel better temporarily.

more stalkers......

lostman is getting behind on his stalking of me compared to those guys on AIM

Sayara
Jul 11, 2004, 10:55 PM
Well maybe its getting to the point to get another AIM name, And only give it off to your comrades. If its gotten that bad. Its time to end it..no?

Myopathy
Jul 11, 2004, 11:00 PM
This is why I have a personal life SN, and a PSOW SN.

If your SN that you have listed is your personal one, then it's probably hard for you to change it. If not, then I would go with Tingle on deleting and starting anew.

DruidMettool
Jul 11, 2004, 11:03 PM
Oh, I get random IMs once every full moon, like werewolves. I guess they're simply lonely people whom just happen to find your AIM name.

It's probably because some of us "higher" net lifeforms don't use numbers in our screennames. So we're easier to find

shifter
Jul 11, 2004, 11:17 PM
that really sucks, getting called by random asses and having to put up with them. (knocks on wood) so far i havent had a problem with it, the only people who have IM me are ness and someone who use to post here. what you could just close your IM dialoge box in the middle of a concersation amd then block them?

Zzzzzz
Jul 11, 2004, 11:27 PM
Look at navi's profile.
You have to pm her in order to get the SN.
If so many people bother you, maybe you should do that too.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 12, 2004, 12:09 AM
People used to come to me and ask either 1)How to dupe(I flash em a stupid page then leave em) or 2)How to "hack"(I don't hack in PSO nor do I know how to.) It was never a common thing so I never complained too much. Now that Mother canceled my original AOL account, I'm not expecting anyone else to end up AIMing me anymore.

Kadavreski
Jul 12, 2004, 01:34 AM
On 2004-07-11 21:17, shifter wrote:
that really sucks, getting called by random asses and having to put up with them. (knocks on wood) so far i havent had a problem with it, the only people who have IM me are ness and someone who use to post here. what you could just close your IM dialoge box in the middle of a concersation amd then block them?

just ignore them, if you say stfu they'll think its funny and do it more...

its not only on aim, its also icq...

Sharkyland
Jul 12, 2004, 01:36 AM
I keep forgetting to turn my AIM on ^_^ I have two AIM screenames... one for non personal stuff and personal stuff.

Evil_Althena8
Jul 12, 2004, 01:40 AM
Speaking of idiots, just few mins ago some person IM'd me. I accepted and the message was "u still play pso?" i immediatly blocked them without even responding. And that damn Pistons person is freakin' annoying also.

Firocket1690
Jul 12, 2004, 03:40 AM
On 2004-07-11 20:21, Eclair wrote:
they are all hackers cheaters trying to say they are legit or total noobs

one of the hackers cheaters keeps on saying he has legit red ring and black king bar that he got from dark falz and olga flow

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Oh, and E_A, just keep ignoring Pistons and he'll stop eventually. He's IM'd a lot of people here.
Oh, and don't say he didn't give you a fair warning. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84735&forum=10&11) XD

and that also works for everybody on aim. Ignore them and they'll stop. Saves your block button a lot of abuse http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

One last thing, to answer Eclair's original question.

Why do I attract the idiots and n00bs on AIM?
Taken from her profile:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-07-12 01:41 ]</font>

space_butler
Jul 12, 2004, 05:57 AM
no-one ever bothers me, probably because im an idiot...that and I blocked the idiots from my high school who got my msn from somewhere, and the guy who I think was a peadophile...

RFB
Jul 12, 2004, 07:16 AM
On 2004-07-12 01:40, Firocket1690 wrote:

Taken from her profile:

Female+Instant Messenger Direction=loads of fricking idiots adding you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif It makes me feel ashamed for being a man.

Sef
Jul 12, 2004, 07:43 AM
Maybe it's your attractive and helpful personality? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hmmm, that is kind of odd though. The only thing I attract is Pistons2010/HUmar2004. Well I think I had 1 or 2 people ask me, "u play pso?". I didn't block them, but I just ignored them and went about my business.

Haven't seen much of Pistons lately though.

Ness
Jul 12, 2004, 10:00 AM
I understand your pain, Eclair. I've have had a few stalkers in my time (all of which were PSOW member that I hurt a little bit too much during their time here) and a few random losers that Aimed asking stupid questions or for hacks.

Eanae
Jul 12, 2004, 10:31 AM
I talked to that pistons kid for maybe a day. He got quite annoying, so I just blocked him. Then he made that Humar account. just blocked that one too. I've had peace and quiet since. Ahhh it helps not being helpful to noobs u_u

KodiaX987
Jul 12, 2004, 10:54 AM
If you can, make your block list so that it puts "everyone else" as being ignored, and your contacts are on your allow list.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 12, 2004, 11:00 AM
Ya know, sometimes I'm glad that I can go for weeks on end without having anyone message me. I got sick of starting conversations with people, so I tried an experiment once to see if people really do want to talk to me. I stopped messaging people, and the longest I have gone without a message to me was 3 weeks. And that was a friend I haven't spoken to in a long time.

Eihwaz
Jul 12, 2004, 05:22 PM
I get IMed from people I barely know from school.

They spell horribly, invite me to chats filled with idiots I don't know, and then spam annoying shit every 3 seconds.

The PSOW people I chat with using AIM aren't retards. This is good.

Outrider
Jul 12, 2004, 05:38 PM
Yeah, good question. Why did you invite me to that chat earlier, Eclair?

I was trying to eat dinner.

The only people on AIM that bug me are associates from school (it's bothersome only because I just don't talk to them all that often, and they wanna hang out or whatever) and that damn Eihwaz kid.

*looks up one post*

Oh crap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-07-12 15:38 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 12, 2004, 07:09 PM
On 2004-07-12 15:38, Outrider wrote:

The only people on AIM that bug me are associates from school (it's bothersome only because I just don't talk to them all that often, and they wanna hang out or whatever) and that damn Eihwaz kid.

*looks up one post*

Oh crap.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-07-12 15:38 ]</font>

Associates? Hehe, you make it sound like your guys are a gang/business or something.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 12, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2004-07-12 15:22, Eihwaz wrote:

They spell horribly, invite me to chats filled with idiots I don't know, and then spam annoying shit every 3 seconds.

The PSOW people I chat with using AIM aren't retards. This is good.

thats the worst thing. your invited into a chat full of peopel they dont know and then then assume the role of getting to know you and trying to be your buddy...and i have a full contact list already. (msn im on about here)

Outrider
Jul 12, 2004, 07:56 PM
On 2004-07-12 17:09, Ezellaur wrote:

*looks up one post*

Oh crap.

Associates? Hehe, you make it sound like your guys are a gang/business or something.

You ever tried spelling acquaintances? It's murder difficult, yo.

EDIT: Hmm... perhaps calling it "murder" wasn't the best idea, considering what you're accusing me of. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Outrider on 2004-07-12 17:57 ]</font>

DruidMettool
Jul 12, 2004, 08:03 PM
On 2004-07-12 15:22, Eihwaz wrote:

Holy shit, I guess i'm not alone. It is probably the same case for all of us: We're the only intelligent student in each of our schools. When people from school IM me, I usually get this:

(person from school): shes really pissing me off she IMed me the other week, and was like, 'i lost my virginty to this really hott guy who wants me to move to so and so and his ex is pregnent and i love him and blah blah blah

^

Actual IM from yesterday

Kuea
Jul 13, 2004, 03:16 AM

*looks up one post*

Oh crap.

I just invited you cause you are from PSOW and I was asked to invite people from here

oh and another one added me today

I wonder if I will get one a day for a while

RFB
Jul 13, 2004, 07:00 AM
That would mean just a shotgun bullet per day. Not too bad. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tai_EX
Jul 14, 2004, 02:42 PM
or you could just change your privacy setting so that only ppl on your buddy list can IM you... thats what i do when idiots start to IM me, thinking that i'm theyre friend, when i dont even kno who the F^&k they are.

EJ
Jul 15, 2004, 03:59 AM
so far i havent been annoyed by strangers on aim or msn guess im one of the few lucky one or that my day will soon come and get im by stranger I dont even know -.-

PJ
Jul 16, 2004, 10:05 AM
The Chats with the people rom FKL are always weird and fun XP

Actually, I tihnk the only people who IMed me that I didn't know were Eihwaz's friends, when they needed someone to help them sign up for PSO BB... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DarthFomar
Jul 16, 2004, 11:43 PM
On 2004-07-11 23:40, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
And that damn Pistons person is freakin' annoying also.

Oh.......yeah........him!!!

I know who you're talking about. He just popped me a message out of the blue....didn't even tell me who he was and how he got my "aim sn" *but, that's obvious, so no biggy*. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Atax
Jul 17, 2004, 07:34 AM
I get pricks annoying me on MSN all the time, constantly with things like "What's you real name?" "ASL?" "When is PhantasyCard coming back?"

They use hacks to get around the 'only people on my contact list can send me messages,' which is annoying since not only are they forcing they way into my privacy, but because they arn't on my contact list I can only see their email addy meaning I have no idea who the hell they are.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atax on 2004-07-17 05:35 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jul 17, 2004, 07:55 AM
i get those annoying idiots as well, but im able to either scare them away or fuck with their heads to the point where they dont wanna IM me again ^_^

but eclair, im going to have to teach you how to use false duress, mindleading, and entrapment to turn these idiots away...