PDA

View Full Version : Pics in Sigs

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 08:35 AM
How do you do it? I tried to yesterday and the image shows up as an "X". I don't know what happened! Can someone give me a detailed walkthrough of how to do it? EMPHASIS on the world DETAILED!

ABDUR101
Jun 9, 2002, 08:52 AM
You are linking to an html document, a website in other words. You can only link to image files, such as .gif, .jpeg, etc. Your sig can not exceed 600x180 pixels(600 pixels wide, 180 pixels tall) and 35000 bytes(35kbs).

You did it right, you just can't link to a website itself, but an image ON the website.

*EDIT*
I just tried linking to an image you were most likely trying to use here. That site does not allow outside linking, you will have to find somewhere else to either host your image, or find a site that allows outside linking. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-06-09 06:53 ]</font>

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 09:00 AM
How do I link DIRECTLY to the image?

ABDUR101
Jun 9, 2002, 09:40 AM
See the pic in my sig? If you right click it, it gives you it's address. You have to copy and paste the address of your image you want as a sig into your sig area here, and it should work. If you're trying to use the alien doing karata moves with a belt on, it won't allow outside linking because I tried it in my above post. Sorry.

FinalMasterM
Jun 22, 2002, 08:37 AM
Myst, could I request that you delete some of the empty spaces out of your sig O_o.