PDA

View Full Version : SKYLY's and WHITILL's (V.1)

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 09:10 AM
I had one SKYLY in V.1 and didn't find anything rarer than a Hunter Wall. I don't know about the WHITILL ID yet but I have a feeling that you won't find much rares as that ID either. But I could be wrong. What about you guys?
1.Have these ID's been kind to you in V.1?

2.Do you think that life will get better in Episodes 1&2?

3.Oh and are there going to be any new IDs?

POST ONLY FOR SKYLY's AND WHITILL's!!!!!!!

FinalMasterM
Jun 9, 2002, 11:15 AM
On 2002-06-09 07:10, Myst wrote:
I had one SKYLY in V.1 and didn't find anything rarer than a Hunter Wall. I don't know about the WHITILL ID yet but I have a feeling that you won't find much rares as that ID either. But I could be wrong. What about you guys?
1.Have these ID's been kind to you in V.1?

2.Do you think that life will get better in Episodes 1&2?

3.Oh and are there going to be any new IDs?

POST ONLY FOR SKYLY's AND WHITILL's!!!!!!!

1. Yes, Chain Sawd in Mines with Skyly

2. Yes

3. No

4. This belongs in the Mag, Section ID, and Quest forum.

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 03:05 PM
Sorry, maybe a mod or admin can move it there?

BaronLaw
Jun 9, 2002, 03:11 PM
Those IDs are fine. Rares are simply that, rare. To increase the variety of possible rares, have companions with alternate section IDs host a few games.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-06-09 13:12 ]</font>

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 03:14 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? SKYLY was not "fine" to me. All I wanted in 800+ hours of play was a measly double saber! DID I GET THAT!? HUH!?

Ok back to stealing free bread...

Myst
Jun 9, 2002, 03:16 PM
BTW, like my Alien? Comes with auto karate chop action!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Myst on 2002-06-09 13:38 ]</font>

BaronLaw
Jun 9, 2002, 03:27 PM
No ID is superior to another in the sense that one has a better chance of finding rare items. Of course, if you prefer a certain class of weapons, some IDs are better than others.

There's always the possibility of simply not turning up much at all. Possibilities don't always coincide with probabilities.

BaronLaw

CodeName62
Jun 9, 2002, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I agree with BaronLaw. Just because you have a certain ID, it doesn't mean you will find it's corresponding rare weapons, with ease. Once again rares are rare. All the IDs do, is give a better chance in the finding of rares within it's ID range. The developers did this, to encourage communication and trade between the players of PSO.

I have had SKYLY twice, and it has been pretty good to me. First off with SKYLY, you are able to buy Last Survivors at the store. These are pretty powerful. Another good thing about this is that, since you can buy them at the store alot of the time, you will eventually get one with good percentages. Also I have found a nice amount of Double Sabers in V-Hard Caves, a Supressor Gun in Hard Mines, and an Inferno Bazooka in V-Hard Ruins. These are just some of the main things that I remember that I found.

trunkszero
Jun 9, 2002, 04:11 PM
pinkal gets u crap manly canes or nothing

Archangel_Of_Flame
Jun 10, 2002, 10:47 PM
On 2002-06-09 14:11, CodeName62 wrote:
Yeah, I agree with BaronLaw. Just because you have a certain ID, it doesn't mean you will find it's corresponding rare weapons, with ease. Once again rares are rare. All the IDs do, is give a better chance in the finding of rares within it's ID range. The developers did this, to encourage communication and trade between the players of PSO.
hes right, and another thing is people with cirtain section IDs will also determine how common or rare an item is, and not just rare weapons but also weapons in general

my whitill file is a RAcast and im now in the H forest and the thing is, i only found 1 shotgun,and i checked a site i go to and heres what i got:
Common Items:slicers/mechguns
Rare Items:Shots
i also checked a skylys common weapon which was obviously swords and rifles (no wonder they can find so many last suvivors and chain sawds...