PDA

View Full Version : Sinow Glitch?

Natron
Jul 12, 2004, 08:35 PM
Everyone knows about the whole "Enemies can't go through the rooms seperated by green lines(doors) on the map" thing, right? Assuming this is true, Why did the following scenario happen?!?!:

As I walked into the first small brown room with a sinow blue in Ultimate mode's Knowing One's Heart quest, Elly followed me in. Then two sinow blue's attacked, and I had to run out or else die. Elley followed me, and so did one Sinow Blue. He was in the long hallway with us, and he and elly were fighting. The problem was, i couldn't target/hit/use a trap on him!

Anyone else have this happen, or have a clue why it happened?

Quo
Jul 12, 2004, 08:38 PM
A sinow can jump through a door. If you exit the room when it prepares to jump at you, it can follow you through the door. After its crossed one door, it can pretty much follow you anywhere. A friend of mine said he was chased from the end of mine 1 to the warp to pioneer 2.

It's just one of those things sinows can do because they're so cool.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-12 18:39 ]</font>

Natron
Jul 12, 2004, 08:41 PM
Wow. Is this a "joke" St put in, or an actual glitch? He ended up killing elly in the next room and I lost the mission. Any news on this would be helpful, so I can watch out for/ prevent it.

RicoRoyal
Jul 12, 2004, 08:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've had this happen to me once (although I faintly recall it being on DC for some odd reason). I think it's more hilarious than anything else. Sorry to hear you got Elly killed, but well, she had it coming for trying to get a boyfriend via the internet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

darthsaber9x9
Jul 12, 2004, 09:04 PM
erm sorry to sound harsh here, but wasnt the obvious solution just to use a telepipe? or were you afraid it would follow you to p2 :lol@

Natron
Jul 12, 2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah, what's with elly? She's a FOnewearl as far as I can tell. She never uses techniques, and has a railgun that does a whole 10-15 damage to a Canabin. I do about 125 with a normal attack, and I'm an entire 64 levels below her (or 61, I can't remember her exact level). Why is this?

darthsaber9x9
Jul 12, 2004, 09:16 PM
On 2004-07-12 19:06, Natron wrote:
Yeah, what's with elly? She's a FOnewearl as far as I can tell. She never uses techniques, and has a railgun that does a whole 10-15 damage to a Canabin. I do about 125 with a normal attack, and I'm an entire 64 levels below her (or 61, I can't remember her exact level). Why is this?

she just sucks...and she doesnt have a mag

and shes an NPC, they break the rules all the time

Quo
Jul 12, 2004, 09:30 PM
On 2004-07-12 19:16, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

and shes an NPC, they break the rules all the time

Right. NPCs can do whatever they want. In Ultimate mode this usually includes sucking. But they don't get killed by megid and they don't get hit by traps and. . .

Nai_Calus
Jul 12, 2004, 10:36 PM
On 2004-07-12 18:46, RicoRoyal wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I've had this happen to me once (although I faintly recall it being on DC for some odd reason). I think it's more hilarious than anything else. Sorry to hear you got Elly killed, but well, she had it coming for trying to get a boyfriend via the internet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Don't let Calus here you say that, or he'll pwn you. XD

Poor, poor delicate little Elly. *tucks her gently into a padded box marked 'fragile' and packs her in with Calus plushies so she wont get jostled around and injured*

Maskim
Jul 12, 2004, 10:48 PM
This happened to me all the time on DC, but I've never once experienced it on GC.

Mixfortune
Jul 12, 2004, 11:03 PM
On the DC it was an intentional attack where Sinow Beats and Golds (not sure on Blues and Reds) would jump into the hallway for a single leaping attack, then disappear and return back to their spawning points. This was removed in the GC version (not sure on DC ver.2, since I don't at this moment remember if they do, or XBox, since I don't have that version).

The occurence the original poster talks about seems to be something entirely different altogether.

Superguppie
Jul 13, 2004, 02:54 AM
PSO has serious trouble with attacks and doorways. Some attacks can go straight through a doorway if they are started while you are still in the room. The Sinow Jump is an attack that also gets the Sinow out of the room.
But ofcourse you can only target an enemy in it's own room. Even when it no longer is in it's own room.
The whole doorway stuff pisses me off on a regular basis because they give me situations where I can only hit air, while getting beaten up.
I consider it a bug. If it isn't, someone at ST has a seriously sick sense of homour...

silvermax
Jul 13, 2004, 03:07 AM
^ i loving refer to that as a no hit zone

love it when the monsters are right by the door, cant even get in the room far enough to hit them, but they can wail away on you =p

fun stuff

and i remember the Sinos on DC jumping through the Door ways... funny stuff

Maskim
Jul 13, 2004, 03:07 AM
On the DC it was an intentional attack where Sinow Beats and Golds (not sure on Blues and Reds) would jump into the hallway for a single leaping attack, then disappear and return back to their spawning points. This was removed in the GC version (not sure on DC ver.2, since I don't at this moment remember if they do, or XBox, since I don't have that version).

The occurence the original poster talks about seems to be something entirely different altogether.

As I said, I experienced this multiple times back on dreamcast. Not Sinows leaping into the hallway and getting an attack and dissappearing. Sinows leaping into the hallway and giving chase. (Yes, I got chased back to the P2 warp once as well) I felt so stupid when it finally occured to me to pipe out instead of running.

Saffran
Jul 13, 2004, 03:40 AM
Yes, that happened to me a few times. It always happened in Ultimate, when I tried to kill the sinows through hit&run (well, in that case, Foie/barta&run). They would leap until the door and be blocked in the doorstep, so I'd have to retreat further, and they would most of the times follow me. The best way to get rid of them is to have them leap once again in the corridor and escape it while they're busy swinging their arms. They should stop in their tracks and respawn in their original room. Outside of their original rooms, they are invincible.

As for NPC, Railguns aren't even supposed to hit -at all- in Ultimate. Be glad she actually does some damage.
My beautiful King Vulcan with 40%hit hits fairly often, but the special NEVER hits. I've stood in front of a Mil Lily for 40 minutes and tried milking her, only to give up since I can't hit her at all with that weapon. OTOH, the ancient saber is too powerful...

Xaos127
Jul 13, 2004, 04:17 AM
Ha that hasn't happened to me in a long time, i used to have so much fun with them. Playing chasey.