PDA

View Full Version : Is the Huceasel worth it?

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:03 AM
is the robot chick worth getting or does she suck? ;x plz post reason why http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 01:26 AM
She's very good. Granted that Androids are hard to play solo because of their lack of resta. HUcaseal has attack animations different than all other hunters. Her default Double saber animation, for instance, is faster than that of a HUcast with a god/battle. She's cool.

And she has the highest ATA of the hunter class, which is very good. If she's paired with a friendly force, she totaly pwns.

Having said that though, I believe HUnewearl to be the best Hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-12 23:34 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:30 AM
Yeah I noticed that. it seemed like the second and third hit both hit whole most at the same time.

Ethan232
Jul 13, 2004, 01:31 AM
HUcaseals are great, and are very unique. I had a lvl 123 HUcast before corrution and already my level 90 HUcaseal seem to be equal.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:39 AM
what id do u have on ur girl?

Ethan232
Jul 13, 2004, 01:41 AM
Redria, only thing that sucks is no magic.... Well if you want a HU go redria (best chance to get lavis cannon)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ethan232 on 2004-07-12 23:41 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:44 AM
hehe lucky me.. i just so happened to make a Redia Huceasel shesh like lvl.. 38 in very hard mode just waiting for ultimate ;d or enough life to beat the boss in very hard mode hehe.. just kinda lvling up righ tnow. im playing my hucast thought looking for a redsword right now

Ethan232
Jul 13, 2004, 01:46 AM
Ok just one thing, you will always find diskas on every other thing, DISKA OF LIBERATER AND DISKA OF BRAVEMEN!!! AHHHH!!! ive found over 20 each in the last week!!!!

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 01:47 AM
If you're planning on getting the lavis cannon, Redria is very bad for an andriod. Piping sucks with androids, especially red slimes since splitting them is much more infuriating without gi/rabarta.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:48 AM
i never had aany trouble with the slims really even on my hucast.. in the.. caves.. when u get the 3 slims in a room.. i split all of them to the max with out getting hurt ;d and there easy to kill 2 just a few swings and there all gone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 01:52 AM
And just where do you find 3 slimes. . . in. . . the. . . caves (which, by the way, is the only area they appear).

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:53 AM
in the caves lvl 2 i think, and on the diska thing i wish it was somthing liek that with my swords in cave.. its mostly like.. PD,PD,PD,pD, --;

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 01:57 AM
On 2004-07-12 23:53, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
in the caves lvl 2 i think, and on the diska thing i wish it was somthing liek that with my swords in cave.. its mostly like.. PD,PD,PD,pD, --;

What did you just say?

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 02:00 AM
it was in the caves lvl 2 of it in ultiamte mode with my friend playing on multiplayer ;d what room im not sure but it was near the end of the stage

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 02:08 AM
On 2004-07-13 00:00, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
it was in the caves lvl 2 of it in ultiamte mode with my friend playing on multiplayer ;d what room im not sure but it was near the end of the stage

Wrong answer.

The greatest amount of (unsplit) slimes you can have in a room at any given time is 4. Thats in the online quest Towards The Future (I think that's the quest). But piping with a party is rediculous. Trust me, I've tried. Offline the most you can get is two. Addicting food has a room with 2 halfway through cave 2, and Soul of a Blacksmith has one near the end of Cave 3.

Also. You may be able to split the slimes with your HUcast, but how well can you keep them from killing each other.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 02:11 AM
maybe it was 2 jsut spliting them got me confused casue there were whole most 10+ slims in the room that we had splited im sure of .. but normal just check for the rare one if none there me and my friend run back in to pipe

Ethan232
Jul 13, 2004, 02:25 AM
No, there is a quest with 2 slimes and you can split them 2 or 3 times each. Its an offline quest i forget which one it is though....

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 02:30 AM
On 2004-07-13 00:25, Ethan232 wrote:
No, there is a quest with 2 slimes and you can split them 2 or 3 times each. Its an offline quest i forget which one it is though....

Two parent slimes in a room. You split each into 4. Thats 8 slimes. The two offline quests are Soul of a Blacksmith and Addicting Food.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 02:34 AM
mm.. i c.. what about on multiplayer though? oh and whats the best materia's to put on a huceasel?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-13 00:47 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 02:43 AM
On 2004-07-13 00:34, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
mm.. i c.. what about on multiplayer thought? and not a question oh and whats the best materia's to put ona huceasl?

Please speak english. We can't help you if we don't understand you.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 02:47 AM
heh re-read it i re-typed it. sorry im like half awake about to give up on looking for my redsword tonight ;[

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 02:50 AM
mm.. i c.. what about on multiplayer though? oh and whats the best materia's to put on a huceasel?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-13 00:47 ]</font>

There are still only 2 parent slimes at maximum in any given room.

Materia is from Fanal Fantasy VII. As for material, I recommend you check the guides on stat maxing. You will find your answer there.

jspacemunkey
Jul 13, 2004, 08:58 AM
i just want to mention that piping slimes with an android isn't that bad. it will neverbe as easy as it is with a fleshie, but it can be done with success. all the characters i'ved piped slimes with are droids and i've simply used untekked, long-range, multi-hit weapons. for example, my HUcast uses an untekked diska, and i'm going to try using an untekked arms to pipe for a lavis cannon with my RAcaseal. this approach allows me to avoid slime suicides (well, murders i guess) because my character can stand away from the slimes. keeping my distance ensures that slime attacks are directed away from the slime group toward a distant point (me). using multi-hit weapons makes it a little faster, but you'll never be able to handle slimes as quickly as a fleshie can in a piping situation.

Ryu_4
Jul 13, 2004, 01:16 PM
yes it is true that if you use specials on untekked weapons you can continuously attack a slime without it going into its slime pile...but still its ridiculous to do that it takes forever and you can only carry 10 telepipes at a time lol so you have to go back and keep buying more so it gets really old really fast...Oh and Quo you are my idol...i agree hunewearls are the best hunter everyone always talks about how they have lowest attack hp and ata well just equip 3 god hps and god arm and have a pow mag with some mind and there you have it you can make up the lost power for the fact that hunewearls have shifta deband...AND jellen and zalure making them powerful i hate how noobs always make fun of the lil girl yet that lil girl could really hand them there azz on a silver platter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LoreSeeker
Jul 13, 2004, 01:47 PM

To translate:

"Mm, I see. What about on multiplayer though? Oh, and what are the best materials to use on a HUcaseal?"

To answer your question about materials, http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=688
Aren't guides great?

LoreSeeker
Jul 13, 2004, 01:49 PM
On 2004-07-13 11:16, Ryu_4 wrote:
yes it is true that if you use specials on untekked weapons you can continuously attack a slime without it going into its slime pile...but still its ridiculous to do that it takes forever and you can only carry 10 telepipes at a time lol so you have to go back and keep buying more so it gets really old really fast...Oh and Quo you are my idol...i agree hunewearls are the best hunter everyone always talks about how they have lowest attack hp and ata well just equip 3 god hps and god arm and have a pow mag with some mind and there you have it you can make up the lost power for the fact that hunewearls have shifta deband...AND jellen and zalure making them powerful i hate how noobs always make fun of the lil girl yet that lil girl could really hand them there azz on a silver platter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

There is no shame in forming coherent sentences. Please use periods after forming a complete thought as opposed to the occasional ellipses which do nothing but form even more of a run-on.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 13, 2004, 04:19 PM
On 2004-07-13 00:08, Quo wrote:
But piping with a party is rediculous. Trust me, I've tried.

then i consider you VERY foolish indeed!
PIPEING DOES NOT WORK ONLINE

I would have thought that with 700+ posts you would have known that... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:19, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-07-13 00:08, Quo wrote:
But piping with a party is rediculous. Trust me, I've tried.

then i consider you VERY foolish indeed!
PIPEING DOES NOT WORK ONLINE

I would have thought that with 700+ posts you would have known that... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I've never been online. I've tried offline multimode. And that was a very long time ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-13 14:22 ]</font>

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 04:23 PM
Ummm...you can pipe offline in a party in multiplayer mode. That's almost impossible for rare enemies though. Like he said, it doesn't work.

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 04:30 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:23, Natron wrote:
Ummm...you can pipe offline in a party in multiplayer mode. That's almost impossible for rare enemies though. Like he said, it doesn't work.

That would be why it's rediculous. Work with me here, guys.

Vielka
Jul 13, 2004, 04:31 PM
On 2004-07-13 00:50, Quo wrote:

There are still only 2 parent slimes at maximum in any given room.

Materia is from Fanal Fantasy VII. As for material, I recommend you check the guides on stat maxing. You will find your answer there.

lol good call on the materia http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Mime ruled!

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 04:33 PM
Sorry, Sorry. You beat me to the post, that was directed at the post before yours. On this topic, I'm inclined to agree with you Quo.

Sitka
Jul 13, 2004, 05:30 PM
No one seemed to address the best thing about Hucaseals - or maybe the two best things:

One - they rock on c-mode. I enjoy playing my hucaseal on c-mode better than any other character.

Two - they look awesome. I enjoy playing my hucaseal because it looks so frickin awesome.

Their versatility and their animation are among the best in PSO! There are definitely stronger, more powerful characters - no doubt about it - but the Hucaseal is fun to play - particularly in c-mode.

LoreSeeker
Jul 13, 2004, 10:24 PM
Sitka has it down -- HUcaseals pretty much rock C-Mode. They also have excellent animations (daggers, anyone?) with the exception of swords, in which case I find their third strike's lack of forward movement to be a bit irritating. Even so, they can still get the job done, and are very balanced, especially online. When you're playing online, ATA is always a huge issue, and with a HUcaseal's relatively high max (218, highest HU ATA potential) you won't need nearly as much hit on your weapons as other classes. The other benefit to using HUcaseals online is that you can try to find a game with a FO in it, which will boost your ATP and DFP significantly. Because of the potential for S&D online, HUcaseals are able to surpass HUnes in my opinion, although HUnes are infinitely better in solo situations.

Ashcroft
Jul 14, 2004, 04:11 PM
Actually you CAN pipe three slimes during "addicting food"

Go to the quest Addicting Food. Clear Cave 1 and warp to Cave 2. Run through until the room immediately following the waterfall room. There should be a Crimson Assassin and a few boxes there. Kill the Assassin. Now, three Vulmers and a Pofuilly Slime should appear. Kill the three Vulmers, but DO NOT KILL THE SLIME. Run to the locked door that is left of the entrance. Set a telepipe/use ryuker as close to the door as possible and make sure that you're facing it. Go buy 10 Telepipes (Ryuker will not work for this). Set the Telepipes to 'A'. Warp back down and keep pressing A as fast as you can as to insure that you warp back up the second you appear in Cave 2. Repeat this as many times as necessary, and you will go through the door. Once through the door, hit the switch and pipe out. Then go back to Cave 2 (not through the telepipe, unless you want to go through the door again) and run back to that room. Now, the Slime should be alive and the door ahead of you should be unlocked. In the next room, there are three lilies. Kill them and the five Vulmers that come in. Two Pofuilly slimes will come in. You should now have 3 slimes across 2 rooms with an unlocked door in the middle. Split all of them each time you warp down, and you'll be piping 12 at a time.

Makes getting the Lavis Cannon much easier!! o_0

(BTW, full credit to Axios on the Gamefaqs message board for this tip)

Neonnangel
Jul 16, 2004, 03:06 PM
Wow... I love my Huceasel. She just rips threw everything on single player. *making cheesy sound effects of the weapons* I dont really like to use magic... *nods* and yea i know it is really good to use, but i like the speed, and the Evade. Muhahaha... *mumbles* and Raceacels rule too! that was a bit off topic but i just had to say it.