PDA

View Full Version : Question!

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 01:15 AM
This is replying to the messege i had just posted previously. Its at the bottom or near it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-13 12:54 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 01:28 AM
No it doesn't. We thought it might for a while, but that theory was disproven. I think that was stated in Ketchup's "read before posting" thread (its a sticky).

Xaos127
Jul 13, 2004, 04:26 AM
Quite simply NO

Cc08
Jul 13, 2004, 09:29 AM
Does the whole Net Time in the bottom of the right corner... where liek the little bar goes across and goes up.. does that effect the rare dropes or the apperance of a rare monsters? A while ago, it was a theory. People always hunted for rare monsters at the beat time of 666. Many 'torrs were piped during 666. The reason for this, however, is the fact that everyone was piping around 666.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 02:47 PM
I got a new question http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif whats the best kinda of rati for my hucast a 5-150-50 ? or a 5-125-70?

or is there better?

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-07-13 12:47, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
I got a new question http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif whats the best kinda of rati for my hucast a 5-150-50 ? or a 5-125-70?

or is there better?

5/125/70/0 would be much better since 5/150/50/0 can't exist legitly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Find out what the difference between you lvl 200 base ATA and your maxed ATA is and use your mag to make up the difference (after factoring in units, mind you). Then put the rest of your mag's levels into power.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 03:02 PM
lol, I mean 5-145-50 ;d my bad dident catch that one.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 13, 2004, 03:31 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=688

I went here for the stats thing. But im a little confused as to if that is Maxed stat with materials or what?

i just found out about maxing stats so im still a bit confused as to what to do or what i should do what units i should wear and so what

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-13 13:33 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 03:56 PM
That guide will show you how to achieve the maximum potential for your character. Just use the number of materials and Mag specified.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 12:09 AM
Would you just say.. It's probably best to go with the mag on the right of the thing.. basicaly where it says Mag?

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 12:16 AM
On 2004-07-14 22:09, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
Would you just say.. It's probably best to go with the mag on the right of the thing.. basicaly where it says Mag?

Sure, Why not. As long as you keep your DEF at 5 and fill in the ATA gap between lvl 200 base and lvl 200 max with your mags DEX (after factoring in units of course) you can change around the POW and MIND however you like as long as you then change your material usage plan. 1 power/mind material equals 1 POW/MIND level respectively.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 12:18 AM
U just confused me lol.. explain in lamin terms im not sure how to understand all this talk. im kinda of new to pso to.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 12:23 AM
Im just curious if that is best.. cause there is other guys but im not sure which is best to go with.

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 12:25 AM
I think all of the stat maxing guides work. Use the one you posted the link to.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 12:49 AM
Hey another qestion. is the Ultimate Frame, and the Spiritual sheild the highest lvl.. ? of armor's except the rare ones?

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 12:56 AM
See for yourself.

Armor (http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=9&class=Armor&version=v3)

Shields (http://www.pso-world.com/item_compare.php?section=9&class=Shield&version=v3)

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 12:59 AM
yeah i see those, but the mix into the rares how can i tell which ones arent rare?

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 01:04 AM
Click on the links. Look at the star ratings. 9 star and up are rare.

This is my seven-hundred seventy-seventh post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-14 23:05 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:07 AM
Lol.. hey back to the stats then the difference is that after the mag, and the materials added? or is that letting me know the different before, the items that are added and im guessing that is with out units 2?

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:11 AM
Sorry about bombarding with so many questions im just not understanding alot of the stuff on the side. but read the one before this plz. ^

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 01:19 AM
On 2004-07-14 23:07, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
Lol.. hey back to the stats then the difference is that after the mag, and the materials added? or is that letting me know the different before, the items that are added and im guessing that is with out units 2?

I have no clue as to what you just said.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:22 AM
Lol.. sorry about that.. Im talking about on the link earlier... Like.. it has.. Maxed stats, lvl 200 stats, then the difference and then a bracket for Materals and mag.. Im just curious as to like.. hrmm.. is the difference before or after the materials and mag or after?

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 01:29 AM
the column titled "difference" on the max stat charts refers to the difference between a given character's base stats at lvl 200 and max stats without accounting for mats, units, and a mag. the suggested mats and mag stats, when totalled up, are meant to cover that difference so that you can achieve max stats for the most vital stats depending on character class. those charts are helpful, but do not forget to account for units. always consider what units you'd like to include and decide what, if any, god/stat units you want to use. hope that helps.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:33 AM
Mmm.. ic.. so the difference is like.. whati need to make up for with, mates,units,mag right? and if i like.. add the stats to that thing or what ever.. and my v parts for my hucast, to give the +ata a boost by a bit. hrmm.. it just dosent seem like.. with the mag difference and mate difference.. or does each mate give 2 stats? or 1? hmm.. ill have to check on that.. But since im making a hucast skyly again! but i want to make him different looking.. so im wanting to max out all his stats.. it seems like with all the mate boost and mag though on power and stuff it wouldent me enough to max him out though.. hrmm..

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 01:41 AM
This guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=940) should lay it out plain a simple. I hear the FOnewmn section is screwed, but the Hunters are OK.

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 01:42 AM
following that chart you should be max on pow at least for a HUcast. all mat types give a two point bonus so you must double the mat number to determine the stat bonus you'll receive.

not sure what you mean by v parts... you don't mean s-parts ver2.01, do you? remember that shields and armor add a superficial DFP and EVP bonus. superficial in that it counts above your max. same goes for weapon atp and ata. in regard to the s-parts ver2.01 (and additional shields that boost stats other than DFP and EVP) the ata bonus should work the same way. it should count above your maximum. of course, i don't have an s-parts ver2.01 myself (i will get one eventually, but the drop rate is about 1/10000) so i can't say for sure about the ata bonus counting above max, but i'm betting it does.

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 01:44 AM
On 2004-07-14 23:42, jspacemunkey wrote:

I don't have an s-parts ver2.01 myself (i will get one eventually, but the drop rate is about 1/10000) so i can't say for sure about the ata bonus counting above max, but i'm betting it does.

I don't think it does. I'll have to check, but I think I remember it adding to my base ATA.

Edit: I checked. I'm wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-14 23:47 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 01:46 AM
aw man. why can't it be like the kasami bracer? the bracer's atp bonus is superficial. i supposed it would still allow me to remove my god/arm early and switch in a more useful unit, but that's really frustrating.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:47 AM
yeah but 3 god abilities? from a gibbles or that other thing.. come on whats the odds of him droping that -_-;;

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 01:49 AM
On 2004-07-14 23:47, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
yeah but 3 god abilities? from a gibbles or that other thing.. come on whats the odds of him droping that -_-;;

Have some drop charts (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html)

I think I got my first God/Ability on my 6th Mountain run. Which reminds me that I need to get more.

jspacemunkey: look at the edit on my post before this one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-14 23:50 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 01:50 AM
actually, if you play through the east and west tower quests online gibbles shows up far more frequently. you could do a lot of tower runs going after gibbles and you'd probably be able to find a few god/abilities. might take a week or more, depending on how much time you have free, but it's feasible.

EDIT: s-parts ata bonus counts above max? aw yeah! that's gonna be a huge boon for my HUcast.

manila -- as you can see from quo's testimony gibbles ain't that tough a nut to crack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-14 23:53 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:55 AM
Not exactly the best odds.. is it..? --;

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 01:57 AM
for some reason i thought gibbles was the boss of that one stage.. where u have 2 go though the 3 teleports.. --; or what ever.. isent he the boss there?

Bah he is the boss of that stage!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-14 23:58 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 01:58 AM
i'm greatly overestimating the required time. i'd hate to tell you that finding three god/abilities should only take you a couple nights and have it take you two weeks. don't wanna get your hopes up, you know? if you're online you should be able to find god/abilities from gibbles with some speed.

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:00 AM
jspacemunkey: The DFP and EVP suck big time. No good for a melee-er. You might try on your RAcaseal though. . .

Manila: Did you check the drop charts I gave you? 1/394 is a lot better than some other drops. The only problem is the scarcity of Gibbleses (especially if you're offline like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-15 00:01 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:00 AM
Only problem is.. i dont have online T_T;; -tear- and i don thave a pinkle or Purplenum char ;[ what char class do u all suggest i should make for these id's?

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:01 AM
Isent there like only 1 gibble offline.. and hes's the big one that knocks u down right? -sniffle- this could take months ;[

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:02 AM
FOmarl or HUnewearl.

There is only one gibbles per run in offline mode and he only appears in one spot. He is the miniboss of the Mountain of Central Control Area. He is the huge rock monkey that give crap EXP. I can do Mountain in less than 10 minutes with my HUcaseal. Get a cure/shock before you try.

Oh, and: Pinkal bad. Purplenum good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-15 00:06 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:06 AM
i dont see how u all can keep going on pso.. its like.. i do one quest and im done.. lol --: aye.. i guess it the fact that u always have that gut feeling that the next run ur gonna get ur item.. then its like nope. then u do it again cause u think ur gonna get it this time. and the cycle continues..

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 02:08 AM
quo -- yeah, i know. i figure that the ata bonus is worth the low stats. HUcasts get so badly screwed on ata it's not even funny, so i'd rather trade in some dfp and evp for the extra hit. i'll pick an s-parts up eventually and try it out. i may just have to make sure that my HUcast always has a weapon with hit percent.

and this clinches it...i was gonna make a purplenum RAcast in a couple weeks, but now i'll be making a purplenum HUcaseal. should be fun.

manila -- purplenum is generally good for rangers. an RAcast might be a good choice. pinkal...well, there's not much to say about pinkal. i happen to have a pinkal force, but she's supported by a skyly, a whitill, a redria, a viridia, an oran, and soon a purplenum. as a stand-alone id pinkal isn't worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-15 00:10 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:08 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:06, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
i dont see how u all can keep going on pso.. its like.. i do one quest and im done.. lol --: aye.. i guess it the fact that u always have that gut feeling that the next run ur gonna get ur item.. then its like nope. then u do it again cause u think ur gonna get it this time. and the cycle continues..

's not about finding items. Its about the sadistic pleasure you get from killing poor little animals. . . No Wait! I mean its about the fun you have playing with friends and. . . stuff.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:10 AM
yeah i know the purplenum is good for rangers.. but its like.. the racast... jsut seems so weak -_-;

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:15 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:08, jspacemunkey wrote:
quo -- yeah, i know. i figure that the ata bonus is worth the low stats. HUcasts get so badly screwed on ata it's not even funny, so i'd rather trade in some dfp and evp for the extra hit. i'll pick an s-parts up eventually and try it out. i may just have to make sure that my HUcast always has a weapon with hit percent.

I think you'd get raped without those DFP and EVP stats in melee.

and this clinches it...i was gonna make a purplenum RAcast in a couple weeks, but now i'll be making a purplenum HUcaseal. should be fun.

Good choice. (whats with you and the 'bots?)

Edit: HOLY CRAP! I have a purplenum HUcaseal!

manila -- purplenum is generally good for rangers. an RA cast might be a good choice. pinkal...well, there's not much to say about pinkal. i happen to have a pinkal force, but she's supported by a skyly, a whitill, a redria, a viridia, an oran, and soon a purplenum. as a stand-alone id pinkal isn't worth it.

Purplenum is good for Forces too (pipable Psycho Wand, hizzah!). Pinkal isn't worth it even as a support ID. The only good side is that it finds all amplifiers, It has a pipable '75 agito (but whitill has it better) and a pipable Berdysh (which doesn't matter unless you're an android partisan buff).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-15 00:16 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:18 AM
is she better then the racast? or somthing..

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:20 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:18, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
is she better then the racast? or somthing..

The HUcaseal? She's a Hunter. Hunter > Ranger IMO.

Meleeing androids have a hell of time though.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:22 AM
Oh duh.. lol i have one 2 but she is a redria ;P hmm.. racast.. i dont know lol they seem like the kill so slow -- in ultimate mode.. and die in like 2 hits

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:24 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:22, MaNiLaZFyNeSt wrote:
Oh duh.. lol i have one 2 but she is a redria ;P hmm.. racast.. i dont know lol they seem like the kill so slow -- in ultimate mode.. and die in like 2 hits

Never played a RAcast (for very long). I had a high level RAmarl and even with lvl 20 s/d/j/z she was still weak. . . and ugly. . . so I killed her.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:27 AM
Heh. ill probably just make a huweanel purplenum or what ever the human chick hunter is. I swear.. i truly hate the red hand gun i killed a gol vulmer.. and i caught a glimce of my gun.. and thought i got a red sword.. Grr.. -_-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaNiLaZFyNeSt on 2004-07-15 00:28 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 02:33 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:24, Quo wrote:
Never played a RAcast (for very long). I had a high level RAmarl and even with lvl 20 s/d/j/z she was still weak. . . and ugly. . . so I killed her.

haha! that's great. i dunno if i'm just exhausted, but this forum gets so much funnier late at night.

about the RAcast... i had one way back, deleted when i gave up pso for while. i felt that he was really effective. high atp for an RA, good number of traps, etc. i liked him, but it's really up to you. you might want to look at the RAcast character guide and see what you think of his growth potential.

about s-parts ver2.01... you're almost certainly right, quo. i'll probably end up getting the shield and then realizing that it really isn't worth the low dfp and evp when i get my ass kicked more often than usual. however, i have a reason for pursuing the shield: sealed j-sword. i'm gonna get a sealed j come hell or high water, and if barubary's unsealing method is truly valid i'll start working on the kill count by finding various low drop rate items. oh, and i'm also kinda an item collector anyway, so even if that unsealing method is crap i will be searching for the s-parts.

about androids... what can i say? i freakin' love the bots. there's no other way to explain it. robots rule!

manila -- i have the same problem. my RAcaseal is red, as is her sato, and when she has the red handgun equipped it really gets nutty. i see red boxes everywhere, only to discover that i've been fooled. bad red handgun, bad!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-15 00:38 ]</font>

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:35 AM
The HUnewearl is a Newman, not human. I wan't to play a Human female Hunter. HUmarl like Red Ring Rico. That would be cool. More ATP than a HUnewearl and more MST than a HUmar. Cool.

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 02:36 AM
amen.. on the sealed j-sword ;d and bots do rule http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif!!
but.. i still hate my red hand gun.

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 02:59 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:33, jspacemunkey wrote:

haha! that's great. i dunno if i'm just exhausted, but this forum gets so much funnier late at night.

OMG. Everything is funny at 3 am. I have so many stories, but not now, I'm going to bed after this.

[quote]
about s-parts ver2.01... you're almost certainly right, quo. i'll probably end up getting the shield and then realizing that it really isn't worth the low dfp and evp when i get my ass kicked more often than usual. however, i have a reason for pursuing the shield: sealed j-sword. i'm gonna get a sealed j come hell or high water, and if barubary's unsealing method is truly valid i'll start working on the kill count by finding various low drop rate items. oh, and i'm also kinda an item collector anyway, so even if that unsealing method is crap i will be searching for the s-parts.

Unsealing the J-sword is one of my upcoming ominous quests (right in there with the Pwand). My skyly file (my personal incarnation whose name is Quo?) is only at level 9. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

about androids... what can i say? i freakin' love the bots. there's no other way to explain it. robots rule!

The only reason I don't like Androids is the lack of resta. I do like HUcaseal and RAcaseal. Oh, no, wait. I like females. Except RAmarl and FOnewearl because they're ugly.

manila -- i have the same problem. my RAcaseal is red, as is her sato, and when she has the red handgun equipped it really gets nutty. i see red boxes everywhere, only to discover that i've been fooled. bad red handgun, bad!

I had that same mag. The last strike of my Yamato would put that mag in just a position to look like a red box. Every time I killed an enemy with the last hit (or just finished the combo) I thought "LOOK, A RED BOX! NO, DAMN." I had to make a whole new mag. *thumbs down*

If you guys don't want your Red Handguns, I'll be happy to take them from you. . .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-15 01:00 ]</font>

MaNiLaZFyNeSt
Jul 15, 2004, 03:03 AM
lol as much as i might dislike my red handgun it. but i cant give it up.. it does the job http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif thats all that matters. even if it is tricky.

jspacemunkey
Jul 15, 2004, 06:37 PM
this afternoon my purplenum HUcaseal, kymet, was born. she's gonna be an ass-kicker when she grows up.

i'm planning to hunt a number of rares with my hypothetical sealed j (assuming that trading it between characters doesn't affect the kill count): nei's claw (real), book of hitogata, s-parts ver2.01, prophets of motav, and anything else that catches my fancy. that ought to get my kill count up.

manila -- have you decided on an id and class yet?

quo -- stories? now you've got to share 'em.

Quo
Jul 15, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-07-15 16:37, jspacemunkey wrote:
this afternoon my purplenum HUcaseal, kymet, was born. she's gonna be an ass-kicker when she grows up.

Time for a FOmarl.

i'm planning to hunt a number of rares with my hypothetical sealed j (assuming that trading it between characters doesn't affect the kill count): nei's claw (real), book of hitogata, s-parts ver2.01, prophets of motav, and anything else that catches my fancy. that ought to get my kill count up.

I'd just do cave 1 of addicting food about 230 times in normal mode. That'd unseal it pretty quick.

quo -- stories? now you've got to share 'em.

I'll wait till 3 (they're not funny unless it's late) and then PM them to you. That way it's not a bunch of http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/spam.gif.