PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite Simpsons song?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2002, 11:39 AM
Mine by far is "John Henry was a Steel Drivin' Man" by Bart on the schoolbus.

"...they took him to the grave yard...and they buried him in the sand.. oh yeah!...and every locomotive that comes roarin' by says there lies a steel drivin man..."

So "Monorail" anyone? or "Who needs the Kwikee Mart?"

g0th_gUrL
Jun 9, 2002, 11:48 AM
ohmygod.. i dont know if you'll remember this one, but its the one where they did the willy wonka candyman song ripoff:

"Who can take your trash out? Stomp it down for you? Shake the plastic bag and do the twisty thingy-doo? The Garbage Man!"

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2002, 11:53 AM
When was this? season 1? wow old school Simpsons. I guess I'm not as big as fan as others. :/

g0th_gUrL
Jun 9, 2002, 11:55 AM
hehe... back when milhouse's hair was still black.

ABDUR101
Jun 9, 2002, 12:17 PM
I like the "Happy Birthday Lisa" song myself o_O

Reno
Jun 9, 2002, 12:42 PM
On 2002-06-09 09:48, g0th_gUrL wrote:
ohmygod.. i dont know if you'll remember this one, but its the one where they did the willy wonka candyman song ripoff:

"Who can take your trash out? Stomp it down for you? Shake the plastic bag and do the twisty thingy-doo? The Garbage Man!"

I remember that one, that episode was on BBC2 last Friday o_O

Anyway, all I have to say is... "Seeeeeee my... vest, see my vest, made from real gorilla's chest" (I could write the whole song... but I won't ^_^)

g0th_gUrL
Jun 9, 2002, 12:51 PM
oh gosh. all these damn songs are getting stuck in my head. its like a simpsons remix up there.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 9, 2002, 01:02 PM
Yeah "Gorilla vest" is a great one.

TinyGrendel
Jun 9, 2002, 01:29 PM
On 2002-06-09 09:48, g0th_gUrL wrote:

i've seen that episode many times.. i'm pretty sure it's actually fairly recent.. i'll have to look.. yup, season 9, "Trash of the Titans"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TinyGrendel on 2002-06-09 11:32 ]</font>

Deathscythealpha
Jun 9, 2002, 01:54 PM
That song from the episode when homer becomes the leader of that cult, the stone cutters or something. They havent showed that one for ages.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 9, 2002, 02:12 PM
I don't know if anyone's heard it or not, but it's a song called "Do the Bartman". I heard it on the Simpsons soundtrack or something.

Vitamin_D
Jun 9, 2002, 03:31 PM
On 2002-06-09 12:12, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
I don't know if anyone's heard it or not, but it's a song called "Do the Bartman". I heard it on the Simpsons soundtrack or something.

ha ha I remember that! That songs pretty tight. But the best by far is from the Planet of The Apes Musical they had on there with Troy McCLure...That was MAD funny.
"can I play the Piano anymore?
Well of course you can!
Well I couldn't before!"

I LOVE that episode!

Psylocke
Jun 9, 2002, 07:35 PM
Oh! I love all those songs! I remember "Do the Bartman"! I haven't heard it in forever, though.
I really like he one about Maison Derriere.

"You could close down Moe's or the Kwik-E-Mart and nobody would care. But the heart and soul of Springfield's in our Maison Derriere!"

Also, the one about the booze hound that Sherry Bobbins sings ranks up there.

"Can I be a booze hound?
Not till you're fifteen!"
(that's my favorite line!)
hehehe

RuneLateralus
Jun 9, 2002, 08:01 PM
Definitly the one that Psy mentioned was the best. The boozehoung line was key for that becoming so great.

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 12:02 AM
On 2002-06-09 18:01, RuneLateralus wrote:
Definitly the one that Psy mentioned was the best. The boozehoung line was key for that becoming so great.

Indeed! Sometimes when I'm really bored I sing that in my best Sherry Bobbins voice (which is pretty good, if I say so myself! *grin*)

RuneLateralus
Jun 10, 2002, 12:17 AM
You do sing that Jigglypuff song very good...it is still in my head... >.<

I can only stand that song for so much...and it pops in my head at random and innappropiate times!!!

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 12:21 AM
On 2002-06-09 22:17, RuneLateralus wrote:
You do sing that Jigglypuff song very good...it is still in my head... >.<

I can only stand that song for so much...and it pops in my head at random and innappropiate times!!!

*falls over laughing*
MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My evil plan is already set in motion!

Wait...

I didn't have an evil plan...hmm...*blinks*

Oh well
*sings*
Jigglypuff, Jigglee-ee-eepuff! Jigglypuff, jigglee-ee-eepuff. Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff, jiggleeeeeee!

RuneLateralus
Jun 10, 2002, 12:26 AM
On 2002-06-09 22:21, Psylocke wrote:

Jigglypuff, Jigglee-ee-eepuff! Jigglypuff, jigglee-ee-eepuff. Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff, jiggleeeeeee!

Eep, you suck *screams in terror*

The....horror....the....hor...ror....of the Jig....g....ly.....

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 12:32 AM
*merely laughs manaically @ Rune's suffering*

And for your information, I do not suck! But I do bite if you ask nicely! *winks and grins*

Hahahahaha

P.S. j/k

RuneLateralus
Jun 10, 2002, 12:36 AM
On 2002-06-09 22:32, Psylocke wrote:

And for your information, I do not suck! But I do bite if you ask nicely! *winks and grins*

Really?

P.S. j/k

Damn...oh well...

Hehehe

Psylocke
Jun 10, 2002, 12:40 AM
hehehehe @ Rune

Sorry to get your hopes up there boy-o! *grin*

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 10, 2002, 01:11 PM
"Do the Bartman" is priceless. I lost a tape I had of it. They did a spoof of it in one episode when Bart was dancing on the bus and Ralph said "that is so 1991" and rolled his eyes:D
Soo many songs to remember! Keep 'em comin'

Moo2u
Jun 10, 2002, 04:53 PM
I personaly like "Planet of the Apes the musical!"

I hate every ape I see. From Chimpan-A to Cimpan-Z." Hehe! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Last_Saiyan
Jun 10, 2002, 04:57 PM
Yeah, the Planet of the Apes was Hilfrikkn'larious!!! I loved the part where they whipped out some breakdancing, that was sweet!!

LordDez
Jun 10, 2002, 07:43 PM
Stonecutters! Rawrha! (that's a new one....)
"Who rigs every Oscar night, we do...we doo..."
and so-on... ^_^

Antman
Jun 10, 2002, 08:46 PM
I forgot the episode in which this short theme was from but it was a spoof on the Flintstones, it went.(In the Flintstone music)
Homer, Homer Simpson
Hes the smartest guy in history
From the Town Of Springfield
Hes about to his a Chestnut tree...
DOH

WourmGirl
Jun 10, 2002, 09:35 PM
I'm not the biggest fan of Simpsons... but I always thought that hte Jockey song was hilliarious... heh!

Mazarin
Jun 11, 2002, 01:19 AM
The Planet of the Apes one is a classic.

"Get your damn paws off, you, dirrrrty ape!"

Other faves include:

Inna Gadda Da Vida(Hymn ver.)
See My Vest
Who Needs the Quick-E Mart?
Adults/Kids(when Springfield gave children a cerfew)

And the all-time classic, and all-time favorite:

Homer's rendition of The Flinstones.

"He's about to hit a ches-nut treeeeeeee, AAHHH!!!"

BWS-1
Jun 11, 2002, 02:37 AM
nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan Nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan!

Taht<s a simpson song right? lol

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 12, 2002, 11:29 AM
Nyan?! Uhm no. But the Meow Mix song popped up when Homer was in court.
Breakdancing is halarious in the Simpsons. they had the Behind the Laughter Episode and to break up the fighting that one guy(Jimmy something)started his "Comedy Breakdancing". Halarious! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BWS-1
Jun 12, 2002, 03:40 PM
Nyan ... Meow ... whatever, my memory is failing me but I think we`re talking about the same mix so yeah, that`s my fav http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

o and ... the garbage man can! XD

geewj
Jun 13, 2002, 03:19 PM
From the Z to the O to the double R-O,
he's the dude in the mask from the barrio.
With his horse and his mask and his big old sword,
he'll cut your butt from a '52 Ford.

Boom-chi-cha-boom-chi-cha-boom-chi-boom
I'm Mr. Plow, and I'm here to say,
I'm the plowin'est guy in the USA.
I got a big plow and I'll move a lot of things,
Like your cow if you have one...

Oh Margie, you came and you found me a turkey
On my vacation away from workie

Under the sea,
Under the sea,
There'll be no accusations,
Just friendly crustaceans
Under the Seeeeeeeeeeeeea!

Hark to the tale of Nelson,
And the boy he loved so dear...
They remained the best of friends,
For years and years and years.

Fine just one more......

Professor Frink, Professor Frink,
He'll make you laugh, he'll make you think,
He likes to run, and then the thing,
With the... person...

k, im done.... but there are tons more i wanted to post.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 14, 2002, 03:05 PM
Haha I don't care, go ahead post more, but I asked for your favorite hehe.
And did you write these down? Or have a good memory?
The Zorro one is funny as hell. So was "glove slap I don't take crap" from the same episode.

ABDUR101
Jun 14, 2002, 03:10 PM
On 2002-06-14 13:05, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Haha I don't care, go ahead post more, but I asked for your favorite hehe.
And did you write these down? Or have a good memory?

..look at his username, he's a Simpsons Freak o_O

..but we love him for it.

.FREAK!! XD

Gryph
Jun 14, 2002, 05:56 PM
Don't forget the Monorail song.

geewj
Jun 18, 2002, 05:00 PM
Mostly from memory...

so im not sure if every single word is right.

Ya, the monorail, the school house rock, argh i cant think now. Posting from school once a week is realy starting to suck.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 18, 2002, 05:15 PM
Diploma studying I hear ya prof. Frink but aren't you already a Professor with loads of degrees and diplomas? Bwahahaha!

jello44
Jun 18, 2002, 06:20 PM
The Stonecutters song, See my Vest, the caynonairo song. Many others that I can't think of.

geewj
Jun 20, 2002, 03:01 PM
On 2002-06-18 15:15, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Diploma studying I hear ya prof. Frink but aren't you already a Professor with loads of degrees and diplomas? Bwahahaha!

ehhh, i do a dance, i make you laugh, i make you think......thats about the extent of my professorness.

K, my favorite long one is probably see my vest. And my fav short is the zorro song. It took a long time but i think that i have made my final decision.

g0th_gUrL
Jun 20, 2002, 03:06 PM
did anyone mention the "Can I Borrow a feeling, can you lend me a jar of lovvve" song from when Milhouse's parents broke up? It was on yesterday I think.

And the planet of the apes rip-off song was also good.

Guile
Jun 20, 2002, 10:33 PM
It has to be ...
"Joy to the world the teacher is dead" by Nelson

oh yes you are a superstar

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jun 26, 2002, 12:11 PM
I got a new one now. The "Testify" song in Bart's tent when he thought he was a healer.

"...I have a problem with my glaven *Bart kicks Professor Frink* oy thats good..."

I'll make a new post WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE SIMPSONS CHARACTER there are soo many its soo hard to choose. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif