PDA

View Full Version : Several random statements

PhotonDrop
Jul 13, 2004, 02:42 AM
Drop Rates

just because one particular item drops from an enemy after a thousand of them doesnt mean it cant happen anywhere in between.

Take my Nei's Claw for example, a 30,000 chance of dropping from Ill Gill. MINE DROPPED AFTER ONE OF THE BASTARDS.

Attacking me because I dont agree with your opinion on Forces

I Melee with a FOnewearl, and do a good job.

"anybody else does better than FOnewearls"

I dont fucking care, I picked a melee FOnewearl because I can, nobody told you or anybody else that FOnewearls MUST use Simple techs.

"theres a difference between a challenge and being stupid"

I play my way, not yours, because obviously Im smarter than you

which Force does a better job at anything

Like the above nodody told you FOnewearls have to use simple tech, nobody told you FOnewms had to use Hard techs, nobody told you FOmars had to use melee.

I have a Red Ring, so what?

oh wow I use Red Ring, Im such a n00b duper arent I?

No.

I worked for what I got in PSO, Im sorry you dont realise that the only hack I have was a gift.

Final Words on Forces

USING GUNS DOESNT MAKE YOU A MELEE FORCE

FOmarl > anyone else in support. PERIOD.

FOnewm's natural Ra and Gi tech boost doesnt make him God of the fucking game, he can still be iced by a Hunter.

"I doubt you have Redria and Greenil Cards"

thats your fault then isnt it? A bunch of ones and zeros isn't a passport to bash me.

I have them, get over it.

Nossir, I do not like dickgirls or Cuntboys

I prefer a part to be on the right gender's crotch thank you.

Give respect to the dead guy, you dumbass.

When Reagan died my Math class watched a video about him, in one scene he was brushing his pet horse's fur when suddenly one jerk-off decides to make comments about Mr.Reagan having sex with the horse.

Im caucasian, but not racist.

Some bitch at a mall in Canada decided it was okay to scream at me about following Camila around when we were searching for a Florist.

This random women gets in my face about being a nigger hater and I was 'trying to KKK' my best friend.

Well I was about slap this abomination of a human when Mall Security dragged her off.

Final words[/u]

SEX ISNT A THING TO BE PLAYED WITH

do these people understand what kind of painful disease they could get?

Kuea
Jul 13, 2004, 03:13 AM
whoa major rant

wellfor the nei's claw I am jelous

I am still looking for one

hehehe

I heard a few comments about meleeing FOnewearls too

PhotonDrop
Jul 13, 2004, 03:18 AM
its a great weapon, keep looking, you'll find it eventually.

Kuea
Jul 13, 2004, 03:24 AM
I won't stop

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2004, 04:46 AM
Drop Rates

just because one particular item drops from an enemy after a thousand of them doesnt mean it cant happen anywhere in between.

Take my Nei's Claw for example, a 30,000 chance of dropping from Ill Gill. MINE DROPPED AFTER ONE OF THE BASTARDS.

I only look for what drops. I don't care if it's 1 in a million or whatever. If it drops, it drops. As a Virdia, I got my Yasha from Melqueek on my 8th one; therefore, I had a sange, so I made, Sange + Yasha. Yamigasaru, Madam's Parasol, and Madam's Umbrella took a little bit longer though.

Armok
Jul 13, 2004, 04:50 AM
Although you don't have to explain yourself to everyone as to why you use certain items. Youhave to except that in the view of legit online players using a Red Ring seriously underminds your Neis Claw. And the point of you using it because a friend gave it you as a gift holds no sway over me bacause would you use it if it didnt boost all your stats.

As for you owning all these cool rares. I don't care about material possesions in a video game. Show off with em I'll sit by wearing my matching normal mag outfit and chainsawb and won't give a shit.

Forces can act however the hell they want to if you ask me, if they play with a little melee style thats cool. All I really want from team mates is someting chat during an adventure and not being a grabby selfish soab.

On Reagan you have to remember he was in charge during what many see as the repressed part of the 80's. So many ppl hate him. I for one will not care when thatcher dies.

As for the rest of your rant - racist is an over used word. A Racist is someone who thinks less of a different race before even meeting them - Sex is up to who ever is involved you can never tell how other ppl think on these things some ppl are really weird.

Nai_Calus
Jul 13, 2004, 11:20 AM
Just name names next time, PD, so we can have a proper war.

I'm sorry if I find it impossible to believe that you have BOTH of the rarest weapons in the game, as well as other FO weapons that have drop rates like Handgun: Milla, but off worse enemies. Calling it a collaboration doesn't help my thinking either. How do you know THEY didn't dupe it? Maybe it's just my insane lack of personal luck and cynicism. XP

And I told you I'd believe you if you showed me tekker pictures. You ignored this completely, not even bothering with the 'I tekked it already' excuse. That doesn't help my thinking either. Hell, I take tekker pics showing whatever % I did/didn't get for non-stupidly rare items like MKB. The thought of someone not doing that for EITHER is utterly incomprehensible.

The drop rate of both cards, combined with the enemy they fall from, plus lack of ever hearing ANYTHING about perhaps the best cases of personal luck in PSO ever, the lack of any sort of proof and yes, the Red Ring, all make it virtually impossible for me to belive it, especially when you claim to have ALL of the section ID cards. Just looking for Redria or Greenill Card by themselves is potentially enough to get a character to L200.

And one dupe leads to another. I know this from experience. "Eh, I'm already using a Dark Bridge to make this suck less. Might as well use a Red Ring so it hurts less." Plus the fact that I have a Greenill Card I spent five seconds in a game on Deneb 9 to get... Yeah, you'll forgive me if I'm naturally highly suspicious. It is POSSIBLE to find them. It's just not very bloody likely.

As for the subject of FOs. I stand by what I said. FOnewearl is the most boring class in the game and is so hopelessly pigeonholed that it's not even funny.

Melee FOnewearl? Every other class in the game is going to do better, even the FOmar and his lack of ATA. You're going to do about 300 damage on a heavy hit, max, with L30 support techs going. You're further pigeonholed into using weaker weapons by your lack of ATP - FOnl can't even use S-Rank Scythe. Rainbow Baton is nice, but it's still not going to do worthwhile damage, since Slicers are fairly weak. It also only hits 4 enemies and does so at only a decent rate. Even a RAmarl doing the same 300 max damage with a Needle is going to out-perform you. Let's not forget that FOnl has the worst HP and DFP. If you're going to melee with a Force, pick either an effective tank who can take damage and deal a reasonable amount of it like FOmarl or FOnewm, or if you're going to insist on a character weak in HP and DFP, pick a FOmar so you can actually deal good damage while you do it.

FOnewearl is the second best support character, I'll give her that. She needs a Striker of Chao to bring her on par with the FOmarl's boosts, but once she's got it she's fine. Unfortunately, FOmarl can use a Marina's Bag and then have even more R/A range than FOnewearl without compromising her S/D range or needing to carry more than one weapon and switch between them. I personally don't worry about weapon switching, I make backup dupes, but remember that a great many people DO. She's good for having more HP restored with Resta, but: Unless it's something like the 1400 of a Bringer shot on Ult online, or the 900 of a Gi Gue's rafoie bomb, etc, if you need to heal more than about 800 HP on someone at once, YOU HAVE FAILED as a support Force, IMO.

And FOnewearl, a better tech nuker than FOnewm? No. You can't even get the FOnewm's boosts right, yet you claim the FOnewearl is better than he is at tech nuking? FOnewearl has for damage 30% Foie, Barta and Zonde damage. Now, simple techs are virtually worthless outside of a couple of bosses. Only Barta can hit more than one enemy, and then only in a narrow straight line with no chance to freeze.

FOnewm has 30% damage boost to Gifoie, Gibarta, Gizonde, Rafoie, Rabarta and Razonde. Native.

Now. How does this make FOnewearl a better tech nuker? To give her the same boosts to the actually USEFUL damage techs as FOnewm comes with naturally, she needs a Magical Piece and a Psycho Wand. Unless you make backup dupes, you are NOT going to be carrying around something that cost 45 Photon Drops to make and a freaking Psycho Wand. And guess what? Given the same items, a FOnewm now has a 60% boost to either Gi or Ra techs. The FOnewearl's extra bit of MST isn't going to help her do much of anything to catch up. If you want effective tech nuking, FOnewm is your man.

FOnewearl having more TP is moot. I don't have TP issues teching with a FOmar, for god's sake. If you have trouble with either Newman Force, you're doing something wrong. Plus if you're online spamming techs so much that you're running out of fluids that fast, it's a reasonable bet that your teammates hate you because you're damage cancelling all over the hell and gone.

And as for melee, as has been noted, every other Force does it better. Melee FOnewearls are a cute idea. Now move aside and stop cancelling the damage of someone actually doing it in a worthwhile manner.

And I agree with you on one thing. FOs who run around with mechguns and nothing else and call themselves 'melee' need to die.

PhotonDrop
Jul 13, 2004, 01:03 PM
Ian, I really dont give a fuck, I play my way, I think FOnewearls are fun to use, mine isnt even in Ult online yet so SHUT THE FUCK UP.

And you know something else? the two friends I work with didnt have any internet access, it was done offline.

Now stop harrassing me.

PS - I picked to melee with a FOnewearl because I can, I dont want anyone else, I made a FOnewearl. I already knew about the lack of stats, THATS WHY I FUCKING PICKED FONEWEARL!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2004-07-13 11:11 ]</font>

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 02:01 PM
Even though I repsect the fact that you can play however you want, meleeing with a FOnewearl is pretty stupid, unless you want an added challenge. Personally, I think meleeing with a force is stupid in general, but people can play the way they want to play.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 13, 2004, 02:55 PM
why is it that everything has to be done in the easiest way? im with ness here; yeah sure its not the easiest or wisest move but who gives a damm? if you were playing with PD and you didnt like her play style, you could just change teams.

and Ian, i dont think that PD actually said that FOnewearls are better nukers than FOnewm unless ive missed some horrendously huge chunk of text.

and I feel i must defend the FOnewearl class here. they're taking a bit of a bashing. they're not boring, its only you not using them in an intresting fashion...or something http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 03:08 PM
I think FOrces in general have taken a huge bashing. They are probably the least respected class out of all the three yet are are an invaluable asset to a team.

Outrider
Jul 13, 2004, 03:50 PM
On 2004-07-13 13:08, Ness wrote:
I think FOrces in general have taken a huge bashing. They are probably the least respected class out of all the three yet are are an invaluable asset to a team.

Well, I think the problem is that forces seem really difficult to solo with. I'm currently trudging through offline with my FOmar, and keep wanting to just switch over to my HUmar.

But in multiplayer games, if you plan on getting anywhere, a force is almost always needed. They can support you with spells, and kick around enemies with the rest of them.

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2004, 06:24 PM
I don't think there's a particular task on what ppl should do. If people want to fight a certain way, let them. The point of PSO is to work as a team, not to bash because someone is not playing their role.

Nai_Calus
Jul 13, 2004, 06:40 PM
On 2004-07-13 16:24, Sharkyland wrote:
I don't think there's a particular task on what ppl should do. If people want to fight a certain way, let them. The point of PSO is to work as a team, not to bash because someone is not playing their role.

...If someone isn't playing their role, they aren't working as a team.

This means: HU whacks things and kills them. RA shoots things and does crowd management. FO uses support techs. Doing other stuff is possible, but your priority had damn well better be on what you're supposed to be doing, or you're just holding the team back.

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 06:45 PM
On 2004-07-13 16:40, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-07-13 16:24, Sharkyland wrote:

...If someone isn't playing their role, they aren't working as a team.

This means: HU whacks things and kills them. RA shoots things and does crowd management. FO uses support techs. Doing other stuff is possible, but your priority had damn well better be on what you're supposed to be doing, or you're just holding the team back.

I think you are taking this a little too seriously. Working as a team can mean alot of things. There are ways a group can work as a team without playing the traditional roles of their classes. Sure things may not be done as fast or like they usually are, but all that matters is that you are having fun, right?

darthsaber9x9
Jul 13, 2004, 06:57 PM
why does everything have to benefit the TEAM. its always the TEAM has priority over personal enjoyment. why don't people want to branch out and be different from the norm instead of following reccomended stereotypes?

and surely the idea of being in a team is to have fun with other people(after all this is a game. if it was the army i would say the job is to maybe kill things quickly etc) so if your fun stops because you are "benefiting the team" then whats the point of being in a team.

erg..i have a habit of muddled posts. that sucks...

Sharkyland
Jul 13, 2004, 07:09 PM
Eh... I guess you're right. x_x Though I'm more like do whatever you like sometimes.

ABDUR101
Jul 13, 2004, 07:13 PM
It depends entirely on who you're playing with and what is trying to be accomplished.

If you join a game and everyone is revving to go and shoot through some areas for pure enjoyment, then it doesn't matter really who does what as long as everyone is having fun.

If you join a team and everyone is supposed to play their roles and work in concert with each other to get done as fast as possible and get everything done a certain way, well, play your role.

I figured with a game like PSO, it'd be simple to say "ok, so-so stays back and heals/gives support, so-so does this-that and blah blah blah"

hehe, three classes in PSO, and they are rather open ended with how they can be played, I think some people are just more serious with their gaming than others. Like I said, depends entirely on who you play with and how they like to play.

navci
Jul 13, 2004, 07:20 PM
Different ways of playing adds a bit of variety at times. I am with Photondrop here actually. She knows about the lack of stats, she plays a FOnewearl, so be it.

Ian liks FOmar, FOmar has their suckage elements, but he knows it and plays it anyway. So be it. No need to get hostile here?

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 07:27 PM
Exactly. People will play the way they want to play. So what if someone plays differently than you do? That's no reason to insult them.

DarthFomar
Jul 13, 2004, 07:35 PM
On 2004-07-13 17:27, Ness wrote:
Exactly. People will play the way they want to play. So what if someone plays differently than you do? That's no reason to insult them.

The same could be said for "typing". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

navci
Jul 13, 2004, 08:45 PM
On 2004-07-13 17:35, DarthFomar wrote:
The same could be said for "typing". http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Are you a pyromaniac? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
You don't have to start an arguement with ness everytime you see him ya know.

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 09:19 PM

Now I regret the making the post I just made supporting you in that thread.

Nisshoku
Jul 13, 2004, 09:32 PM
Hell, even I want to beat him senseless with a steel girder.

Ness
Jul 13, 2004, 09:39 PM
On 2004-07-13 19:32, -Nisshoku- wrote:
Hell, even I want to beat him senseless with a steel girder.

Who is this directed at?

Nisshoku
Jul 13, 2004, 09:47 PM
DarthFomar.

ABDUR101
Jul 13, 2004, 09:59 PM
ok, enough. Argue all you like, but if you're going to start bashing each other and flamebaiting, I'll gladly lock the thread and hand out some warnings.

Myopathy
Jul 13, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-07-13 00:42, PhotonDrop wrote:

Drop Rates

You're right, it COULD drop on the first monster for all rares. But, looking at numbers, probably not.

Attacking me because I dont agree with your opinion on Forces

Melee-ing with a FOnewearl is okay. I believe anwserman did it before. But even he admitted that a maxed out FOnewearl is about the same as a level 80+ HUmar (I belive that's what he concluded). There's nothing wrong with you melee-ing as a FOnewearl. However, I would have to disagree with you if you were to say your melee FOnewearl was a good melee character. Like I said earlier, maybe in a relative sense, but no way is that true in an absolute sense.

I have a Red Ring, so what?
You must admit though. Nobody except your closest friends would assume that your Red Ring is the ONLY illegit item you have. When a legit player sees someone using a Red Ring, you can't blame them if they assume your other equipment is illegit as well. I have a Red Ring somewhere in one of my bank accounts, but I would never use it. But that's just me.

Final Words on Forces

USING GUNS DOESNT MAKE YOU A MELEE FORCE

FOmarl > anyone else in support. PERIOD.

FOnewm's natural Ra and Gi tech boost doesnt make him God of the fucking game, he can still be iced by a Hunter.

I don't see how the title really coincides with the body, but 1)Agreed, and 2)Agreed.

"I doubt you have Redria and Greenil Cards"

To quote me from before (In regards to you have legit copies of all Section ID cards): "We might as well call you Jesus because the probability of you having all section ID cards is about the same as you being the child of God."
You're right that it COULD happen. But like my quote says, the chances are slim. Expecting someone to believe that, is the same as expecting someone you believe you're the child of God. There's a chance that both are true, but it is negligibly minuscule. So you can't blame people for doubting you on that fact.

Nossir, I do not like dickgirls or Cuntboys

I believe I missed this conversation. All I saw was you logging off.

Give respect to the dead guy, you dumbass.

I've always considered him a good president. One of the main reasons people dislike him is because he is the main cause for the United States' deficit. However, I think what was accomplished in getting that there is more important. That being the end of the Cold War.

It's bad when someone automatically assumes you're racist just because you're white. In fact, it's just as bad as being racist. You should've slapped the bitch, anyway.

Final words[/u]

SEX ISNT A THING TO BE PLAYED WITH...A LOT OF RANDOM PEOPLE

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
That's a little more accurate when it's dealing with what you are talking about.

Outrider
Jul 13, 2004, 11:59 PM
On 2004-07-13 21:26, Ezellaur wrote:

It's bad when someone automatically assumes you're racist just because you're white. In fact, it's just as bad as being racist. You should've slapped the bitch, anyway.

It, uh... is racism. Doesn't matter which race is being racist... it's the same thing either way.

Myopathy
Jul 14, 2004, 12:22 AM
Technically, yes. But, in reality, not really. For some reason, it has been pounded into the minds of the general US population that reverse discrimination either 1)Isn't a bad thing, or 2)Doesn't exist.

Yes, it is racism, but nobody is going to claim it as that. I think it's stupid, but that's how the world is nowadays. It's suppose to be a two-way street, but society has made it into a one-way. If a person were to make a racist comment toward a minority race, he or she would be labeled a racist. If a person were to make a racist comment toward a white person, he or she would be labeled a jerk, or an idiot, or an ignorant fool, or in some cases, nothing at all. But nobody would call them a racist. It's sad, but it's true.

DarthFomar
Jul 15, 2004, 09:27 PM
On 2004-07-13 19:19, Ness wrote:

Now I regret the making the post I just made supporting you in that thread.

Oh, I'm sorry if you took it personal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

It wasn't intended to be rude or anything. It was more like a "heads up" statement. Also, I never added my...... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif