PDA

View Full Version : Major Respective Tomorrow Glitch!!!

MuroDaisuke
Jul 13, 2004, 12:27 PM
Last night after the Server Maintainence me and my friends played RT. We thought that maybe ST fixed the Olga EXP glitch. When we went to talk to the Works guy so we could collect WIS, we saw a little flame cirlce next to him. We walked over it and a message popped up in japanese. When you pressed 'A' a menu came up with all of the different items that can be obtained from the quest. Basically you could keep going back to the circle and enter the sequences with Leo for the different items.

We were cracking up that ST messed up this bad. We assumed they had accidently put up the test version of RT (or something like that). And there were not any items that no one knows about (i.e. Black Ring is not an item obtained from quest). So at least we now know you can't get any other items.

After we played through the quest to see if the ST fixed the Olga EXP (which they did), we wanted to see if this odd occurence would happen again. When we went to select the quest, RT was not there anymore. I assume ST realized their mistake and would put up the correct RT later.

Did anyone else experience this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MuroDaisuke on 2004-07-13 11:51 ]</font>

Saiffy
Jul 13, 2004, 12:48 PM
i'm going to check it out now, im more worried about the Olga exp though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

J3553
Jul 13, 2004, 01:29 PM
Thank goodness, it is just stupid that Olga didn't give experience...the quest didn't even give as much as TTF before, now it should give a little more I believe...

LoreSeeker
Jul 13, 2004, 01:41 PM
I really hope the people at ST who have been working on RT got fired, because they've managed to fuck this quest up worse than any professional team of game developers ever should. I've also concluded that one of the following statements is true:

1) ST has no active beta testers for PSOGC
2) ST is cheap and can't afford more than 3 beta testers
3) ST forgot to hire beta testers for PSOGC
4) The beta testers have been on vacation for 5 years
5) ST hasn't bothered beta testing PSOGC to this point, why start now?

You think they would've figured out how to make quests for PSO by now, seeing as how this is the third release of the game and it's been out for several years.

Armok
Jul 13, 2004, 04:22 PM
I think ST did a good job on that quest sure its got a few bugs but still is really good fun to play. Also in general PSO is a fairly well balanced game IMO

Dhylec
Jul 13, 2004, 08:11 PM
well, if ST fixed the bugs that rampaging RT, then the quest should be more enjoyable
the olga exp problem is fixed thus making the long trek more meaningful
this should now be a nice quest for exp, some challenge, a quick way to rumble w/ep2 bosses, or simply a break from those ttf? =D

iamfanboy
Jul 13, 2004, 08:32 PM
NO THE OLGA FLOW EXPERIENCE WAS NOT FIXED.

I was at 175K experience tnl just before I went into the teleporter, and guess what? I was at 175K experience after piping back up to the lab.

....So, if they fixed it, they fixed it VERY VERY BRIEFLY.

To the guy who started this thread: When you GOT the experience for Olga, did you pipe up right away like RT usually does, or did it let you go into a teleporter like Olga usually leaves behind?

Mixfortune
Jul 13, 2004, 08:42 PM
It could have been that when they fixed the experience from Olga Flow problem, they encountered the "item list" problem as well. If in fact it was a quick test, it could have been a test for the Olga Flow experience values as well as something else.

Possibly, when they took it down and then brought it back up, they reverted it back to the way the quest was when it originally came out. The only relevance now as to whether Olga Flow did give experience that one time is the possibility that the quest will be changed sometime to permanently reflect that change.

Whether this all happened or not, it seems to have reverted to its original style... at least judging by some of these responses.

Nai_Calus
Jul 13, 2004, 08:42 PM
So they fixed it, and immediately re-broke it? Sounds about par for the course for ST... Heh.

Personally I always found Lost Soul Blade, East/West Tower, and Endless Nightmare 4 to be the perfect breaks from the TTFs I very rarely did.

Jeff86
Jul 13, 2004, 08:45 PM
I was there with him and we got the exp. Right after the "You're the hero" screen the game returned to the Olga Flow room for breif second, got the exp and then warped to the p2.

Mixfortune
Jul 13, 2004, 08:51 PM
So it may be possible that upon adding the Olga Flow experience (and possibly other things as well), the "item list" that was mentioned in the first post was also unintentionally added, whether by itself or as a result of something else that was added that was not intended. They probably reverted the quest to its original form in order to try and figure out the problem rather than attempt to fix it while still dealing with the "item list".

MuroDaisuke
Jul 13, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I definitely got the EXP. They probably just put up the original RT up after that "test version," which was up briefly.

Butoden
Jul 14, 2004, 03:42 AM
Which server was this? Maybe they only 'test' it on JP server or something. At least ST's doing something.

Nickwillnotbe
Jul 14, 2004, 12:56 PM
We were on the US servers. I too was there. It was pretty interesting. Also, I am 100% sure we got experience. It breifly showed us getting exp. then warped us to P2 like it did originally.

AzureBlaze
Jul 14, 2004, 11:24 PM
Did they fix it so the soldier would talk to you so that you could collect all the WISes?

I made a topic in this forum that has gone off the front page (so I can't bump it without real info) that totally flopped because no one can instruct me on how to get him to speak!

Could you get the guy to talk to you? He has NEVER spoken to me, or any of my friends who are with me at the time. No one knows how to get him to go that is willing to post here...I want to do this quest, and maybe with the glitches fixed, it will become possible now. Did it work for you?

Superguppie
Jul 15, 2004, 03:41 AM
I think I read somewhere you have to finish the quest once before he talks to you. Also, I've heard you have to talk to him before ANYONE goes into the simulator.
Dunno if it's true. Haven't taken the time to try it. Probably gonna try Blue Star Memories first...