PDA

View Full Version : A decent rare? No. . . It couldn't be. . .

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 04:29 PM
*rubs eyes, looks again* IT IS!! It is a decent rare!

After somewhere between 60 and 70 (I lost count some time ago) Whitill Retired Hunter runs, I finally found something in a red box that was neither a Photon drop nor a box rare. I found a Meteor Cudgel. Its not was I was looking for, and I probably wont use it; (Demo Comet > Meteor Cudgel IMO) but I felt it deserved a post anyway. I hope I find some other cool stuff soon.

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 04:30 PM
Congrats! Now if I could only have some of that luck and get my Red Handgun...

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 04:33 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:30, Natron wrote:
Congrats! Now if I could only have some of that luck and get my Red Handgun...

Purplenum rappies have a pretty good drop rate for the Red Handgun. That having been said, I'm about five times over-due for another http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif.

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 04:37 PM
That's where I'm looking right now (well, not Right now) But it's taking longer than It normally takes for me to find items. I think I've killed at least 60 El Rappys with no luck.

off topic, but BTW, Quo, are you sick?

jspacemunkey
Jul 13, 2004, 04:40 PM
quo, i've been meaning to ask you... did you ever come across a sacred guard while hunting for your lavis cannons? i'm finally beginning what will be a painful period of constant piping until i have three lavis cannons. (more if i don't find any with acceptable percents...please please please gimme good percents.) just curious.

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 04:43 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:37, Natron wrote:
That's where I'm looking right now (well, not Right now) But it's taking longer than It normally takes for me to find items. I think I've killed at least 60 El Rappys with no luck.

off topic, but BTW, Quo, are you sick?

Are you playing Fake in Yellow. Oh and everybody, El rappies are yellow. Look at a rappy's gut. See how its white? Good, now look at the rest of its feathers in contrast to its belly. See how they are a very pale yellow? Good.

Am I sick? No, what are you talking about?

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 04:47 PM
1. I kinda...beat fake in yellow before I knew that I could get the item from the rappy (I was still basically a n00b until I joined these forums, and I was level 101 then!)So now I'm going to the rappy room in Letter from Lionel. There's a total of somewhere around eleven in that quest.
2. I ask because your smiley is vomiting.

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:47, Natron wrote:
1. I kinda...beat fake in yellow before I knew that I could get the item from the rappy (I was still basically a n00b until I joined these forums, and I was level 101 then!)So now I'm going to the rappy room in Letter from Lionel. There's a total of somewhere around eleven in that quest.
2. I ask because your smiley is vomiting.

1. *thumbs down* That sucks.

2. Stingy enemies are nausiating.

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 05:10 PM
2.Stingy enemies are nausiating Isn't it true though?

Cc08
Jul 13, 2004, 08:10 PM
quo, i've been meaning to ask you... did you ever come across a sacred guard while hunting for your lavis cannons?I know that I am not Quo, but while piping a while ago, I came across a Sacred Guard. It sucks. Period. It made me mad, cuz the drop rate is worse than the Red Swords and I've looked for the Red Sword a lot more.

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 08:17 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:40, jspacemunkey wrote:
quo, i've been meaning to ask you... did you ever come across a sacred guard while hunting for your lavis cannons? i'm finally beginning what will be a painful period of constant piping until i have three lavis cannons. (more if i don't find any with acceptable percents...please please please gimme good percents.) just curious.

Sorry I missed your post for so long jspacemunkey. *smacks self in head*

I never found a sacred guard. Ever. Off the top of my head, I don't even know where to get a sacred guard.

As for lavis percents, I have 30/0/0/0/0 and 0/0/0/0/0. I too am hoping my next one will be uber. I'd love a legit Double Cannon with HUGE percents. If I don't get percents thats ok though too, I guess. I'll just put 'em on at Garon's Shop when I get online.

jspacemunkey
Jul 13, 2004, 09:08 PM
cco8 -- yeah, the stats on that shield bite, but the cure/freeze effect could potentially be useful. my RAcaseal certainly doesn't need a powerful shield as she stays far, far away from enemies. i figure i'll see what happens. if by the time i get my three lavis cannons i haven't picked one up, but i have picked up the red slicer and asuka i hope to get, i may just pass on it.

quo -- thanks much. sacred guards drop from govulmers, btw. anyway, i've only now begun to understand how exceptionally annoying this undertaking will be and i wish that i had the ability to cast gi/rabarta. nothing to be done now, because i'm certainly not going to create a redria fleshie just for the cannon. i dunno. maybe i should create a redria RAmarl or something? i feel like it isn't worth the effort considering that i might be able to get my lavis cannons faster than i'm expecting (and i'm anticipating at least 150 slimes).

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 09:22 PM
On 2004-07-13 19:08, jspacemunkey wrote:

quo -- thanks much. sacred guards drop from govulmers, btw. anyway, i've only now begun to understand how exceptionally annoying this undertaking will be and i wish that i had the ability to cast gi/rabarta. nothing to be done now, because i'm certainly not going to create a redria fleshie just for the cannon. i dunno. maybe i should create a redria RAmarl or something? i feel like it isn't worth the effort considering that i might be able to get my lavis cannons faster than i'm expecting (and i'm anticipating at least 150 slimes).

From Govulmers, maybe I did get one then. I'll have to check. It must not be very spectacular since I don't remember the item, but I'm pretty sure I remember getting to govulmer's rare.

150 slimes? You're really set to go for it aren't you? Have fun and may the fates treat you well. RAmarl is awful in my experience. My redria HUnewearl does an excellent job of piping because of her TP regeneration. Piping in the 8 slime room is a lot easier if you're a Force though. I speak from experience.

Edit: jspacemunkey, It seems I spoke out of turn. I do have a sacred guard. It's no great wonder I didn't remember it. What awful stats!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-13 20:03 ]</font>

Cc08
Jul 13, 2004, 10:23 PM
cco8 -- yeah, the stats on that shield bite, but the cure/freeze effect could potentially be useful. my RAcaseal certainly doesn't need a powerful shield as she stays far, far away from enemies. i figure i'll see what happens. if by the time i get my three lavis cannons i haven't picked one up, but i have picked up the red slicer and asuka i hope to get, i may just pass on it. Sadly, there is no cure/freeze effect. That was an error in the database. Do not look for it, it is basically useless.

jspacemunkey
Jul 13, 2004, 10:30 PM
cc08 -- whaaaaaat? that is very disappointing! i was looking forward to being able to trade out my cure/freeze for something else. thanks very much for letting me know. i can't believe i was hunting such a useless piece of junk. you've saved me what could potentially have been a lot of wasted time.

quo -- haha! yeah, the stats are completely pathetic. and since it doesn't act as a cure/freeze, it's crud. blech. btw, i may end up creating a redria HUnewearl to push through to ult caves. i've only found one slime tonight so i feel like any speed increase in this process would be a good one. i did just learn that if i stand completely still the slimes pop up much faster. curious question -- when using gi/rabarta which tech is more effective for splitting? how exactly does the tech work on slimes? (do they need to have popped up or can you hit 'em with it while they're a puddle? do they split completely with one blast?) thanks in advance.

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 10:42 PM
On 2004-07-13 20:30, jspacemunkey wrote:

quo -- haha! yeah, the stats are completely pathetic. and since it doesn't act as a cure/freeze, it's crud. blech. btw, i may end up creating a redria HUnewearl to push through to ult caves. i've only found one slime tonight so i feel like any speed increase in this process would be a good one. i did just learn that if i stand completely still the slimes pop up much faster. curious question -- when using gi/rabarta which tech is more effective for splitting? how exactly does the tech work on slimes? (do they need to have popped up or can you hit 'em with it while they're a puddle? do they split completely with one blast?) thanks in advance.

Sadly, splitting slimes with gi/rabarta is going to be very similar (though much easier and more convenient) to splitting them however you did that with your 'droid.

You must wait for the slime to "stand up" before you can hit it. Each shot splits one slime into two. When the slime gets hit, it returns to puddle form.

As for which spell is the best: if you are in a room with only one parent slime (I recommend this early on), gibarta is fine. Here's how I do it. 1. wait for first slime to stand up. 2. hit slime with gibarta. 3. cast ryuker. 4. Hit each slime with gibarta as they stand up sometimes you can hit them both with the same shot.

In a room with 2 parent slimes, It's not so easy. Slimes like to misbehave so it can get really hectic if there's more than 4. Keep casting Rabarta until they're all split and to keep them from killing each other. Again, you should set your pipe after you cast Rabarta the first time.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 13, 2004, 10:54 PM
On 2004-07-13 14:29, Quo wrote:
*rubs eyes, looks again* IT IS!! It is a decent rare!

After somewhere between 60 and 70 (I lost count some time ago) Whitill Retired Hunter runs, I finally found something in a red box that was neither a Photon drop nor a box rare. I found a Meteor Cudgel. Its not was I was looking for, and I probably wont use it; (Demo Comet > Meteor Cudgel IMO) but I felt it deserved a post anyway. I hope I find some other cool stuff soon.

Damn you. I have been playing again, a lot lately. I'm on 30+ Doc's Secret Plan and no Meteor Cudgle. Did get a Morning Glory off a Delsaber though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 10:57 PM
On 2004-07-13 20:54, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Damn you. I have been playing again, a lot lately. I'm on 30+ Doc's Secret Plan and no Meteor Cudgel. Did get a Morning Glory off a Delsaber though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMG! A post that on-topic! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't be too jealous. Its percents are 0/0/0/0/0. I've never found a Morning Glory. There are no Delsabers in retired hunter *thumbs down*.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-13 20:58 ]</font>

Shintaro04
Jul 13, 2004, 10:58 PM
On 2004-07-13 19:22, Quo wrote:
150 slimes? You're really set to go for it aren't you? Have fun and may the fates treat you well. RAmarl is awful in my experience. My redria HUnewearl does an excellent job of piping because of her TP regeneration. Piping in the 8 slime room is a lot easier if you're a Force though. I speak from experience.

I pipe with my HUmar, i'm sure there is a Healing Ring right before the room with 2 slimes in Waterfall Tears.
And i'm so glad that it's there, it make my "life" so much better.

Blue-Hawk
Jul 13, 2004, 11:03 PM
On 2004-07-13 20:57, Quo wrote:

On 2004-07-13 20:54, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Damn you. I have been playing again, a lot lately. I'm on 30+ Doc's Secret Plan and no Meteor Cudgel. Did get a Morning Glory off a Delsaber though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OMG! A post that on-topic! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Don't be too jealous. Its percents are 0/0/0/0/0. I've never found a Morning Glory. There are no Delsabers in retired hunter *thumbs down*.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-13 20:58 ]</font>

I wouldn't care if it had % or not. As for the MG, it's the second one I found in two different id's. Only other semi-decent thing I picked up was a Soul Gladius tekked fully with 70% hit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2004-07-13 21:04 ]</font>

BOmar
Jul 14, 2004, 03:05 AM
Congrats on the find. I also found a Meteor Cudgel in whitill ruins recently, when guld hunting in DSP. The 15% hit on it made me very happy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BOmar on 2004-07-14 01:06 ]</font>

MitsukoSouma
Jul 14, 2004, 01:09 PM
Congratulations http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I want one!