PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference?

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 05:02 PM
Alright, there are two types of boxes in all of the levels, but why? The only difference I can see is that the Bigger or "rarer" boxes are never empty, and don't drop Meseta. Is there another difference?

Quo
Jul 13, 2004, 05:06 PM
Higher level treasure comes in the brown boxes. And the brown boxes are never empty. Pretty much everything you get from a box is crap though. Back on DC you could get a DF field from a box.

Natron
Jul 13, 2004, 05:08 PM
I dunno, I got a durandul from a normal box in Ultimate mine 2, It's one of my favorite saber's now, but most stuff is crap.

Ketchup345
Jul 13, 2004, 05:18 PM
One color box has a random drop (normally the blue or grey), and possibly may have a set drop of Meseta; and the other has a set item drop every time you play through the level (generally brown boxes).

excecutor
Jul 13, 2004, 06:04 PM
What about the boxes dropped after bosses, i.e. Sil Dragon? They all look the same, and some of the drops do seem to be set. The only thing I came up with is that possibly they are set to drop a certain color, that seems to fit a little better. Also when a photon drop drops from those boxes it is a little weird.

This has always confused me, thanks for the help all.

Ketchup345
Jul 13, 2004, 06:15 PM
Yes, by set drop I meant color box (though some set items are very specific, especially with Telepipes and Moon Atomizers). After boss drops are set.

A Photon Drop is considered an item, that just comes in a rare box (instead of green), especially since it is less than 4/1000 chance for a Photon Drop in almost all areas (although somehow they always come up when you are looking for an item with a better drop rate than that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif).