PDA

View Full Version : What class has the most potential

Ketchup345
Jul 14, 2004, 11:04 AM
Sorry about the change in title. Repost if your response changes with the title change. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-14 15:38 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jul 14, 2004, 11:21 AM
*I haven't played very much with my HUnearwel*

So i said RAmarl, and im sticking with it, A good combonation of Technique and Power. Able to use a large variety of weapons, including: All guns, a few partisons, sabers, twin sabers, slicers, a few daggers, and * i think a katana or 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif * Although lacking in HP and DEF, they still pose a great jack-of-all-trades character.

*Not to mention the way the fire a handgun, just shows that they can do it one handed and a HUmar needs 2 hands...well thats all i have to say for now.

Eanae
Jul 14, 2004, 12:19 PM
HUnewearl. They're a hunter that has good magical ability, which gives her a nice balance to play as. She has that nice offensive power, and the magical ability for when you need it. Works out really nicely.

shifter
Jul 14, 2004, 12:41 PM
id have to go with a ramarl. i havent had an opertunity to play with a hunewerl(sp), but in my oppinion, a ramarl is the next best thing to a force. a max tech lvl of 20, the ability to stand back and support in both attack and magic/tp and do some good damage while doing so, and can use all the good support ranger weps(frozen shooter, spread needle, or a shot with freeze or par.). though she does have sucky hp, what good support class does?

Linear88s
Jul 14, 2004, 01:03 PM
How about the adroids, you forgot the androids!! Even tho my best character is an android, i would have to say the RAmarl is balanced, with its spells, good weapons, moderate HP and TP, its a prety good character.

Zinger314
Jul 14, 2004, 01:28 PM
Definately RAmarl. Average HP (Average, as in, having higher HP than Forces), Average ATP (ditto), Average DFP (ditto), Above Average ATA (second best), Average MST (For a non-force), and Above Average EVP (best)

You can't beat that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-07-14 16:33 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Jul 14, 2004, 01:38 PM
On 2004-07-14 11:03, Linear88s wrote:
How about the adroids, you forgot the androids!!

*What do you think the most balanced class is?

Androids aren't included because they lack the MST stat.*

Thats right above the results of the poll.

RicoRoyal
Jul 14, 2004, 01:47 PM
In terms of statistical possibilities, I shall quote the great, the gone, the nonexistent VulpesMundi.

On 2004-01-31 23:06, VulpesMundi wrote:
Even though they can't completely max their stats, the three Newmen classes can wind up with extremely high overall stats. Considering the combination of ATP, DFP, MST, ATA, EVP, and LCK... A HUnewearl can get roughly 4017/4113 (highest total in the game), [...]

My vote goes to the HUnewearl.
Comparison of HUnewearl and RAmarl (all opinion based on numbers)
- Equal tech levels
- Greater attack power than RAmarl.
- Greater tech damage thanks to higher MST
- All around, most potential of any other character in the whole game.

Comparing HP and TP is rather irrelevant the way I contrast the two. I always like to think in terms of possible power, not actual power. As such, at level 200, HP and TP difference between a RAmarl and HUnewearl just don't mean much to the player controlling the two. And even if the HP and TP differences were argued, one would find that a RAmarl only beats a HUnewearl by 17 HP http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif and doesn't get anywhere near a HUnewearl in terms of TP (HU:1084 to RA:931 at base stats).

Using VulpesMundi's form of comparison, a RAmarls statistical possibilities are as follows: 3994

Now I'm sure alot of RAmarl enthusiast eyes just lit up with that number. And you have good reason to get excited. A RAmarl can achieve it's max with room for one more unit. A HUnewearl has the newman curse on her, and as such can only achieve the 4017/4113 mark with 4 god/abilities equiped. *GASP* But then how ever will she get the God/Battle (or other useful unit) on? Yup, she wont... so that's a very big plus for the RAmarl. The two are without a doubt in my mind, the two most balanced characters in the game. RAmarl does not get my vote simply because I feel a balanced HU is greater than a balanced RA. How so you ask? HUs tend to fight close-range, but can mix it up long-range by using techs. RAs tend to fight long-range, and just sort of do the same with techs... hmmm, yup. Sure, a RA can use some nice close-range weapons, but a HU can use some nice long-range weapons as well; the two sort of cancel each other out. Again, my vote goes to the HUnewearl (High-level superiority over RAmarl... NUMBERS, NUMBERS, NUMBERS!). Runner-up prize goes to the RAmarl (Growth rates, unit flexability, EVP/ATA, mid-level superiority over HUnewearl).

At no point during this thread do I wish to see anyone voting for anything other than a HUnewearl or a RAmarl. Nothing comes close to either of them. NOTHING! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

*salutes VulpesMundi statue on the way out* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

EDIT: Oh, I also noticed that there are two votes for HUmar and FOmar. Despite the fact that they are indeed very balanced, I do not believe they deserve a vote for the MOST balanced. Also, to those who voted for those classes: PROVE ME WRONG! Really, I dare ya'. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Love the way you just came in and voted without a care in the world on explaining... cowards. *waits for Ian-KunX to prove me wrong and/or annihilate me*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-07-14 11:51 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 14, 2004, 01:48 PM
I realize the androids don't have MST and therefore don't fit your criterion for "balance," but I do like my Hucaseal - nice combination of skills and stats and can use the traps - pretty balanced combo for c-mode play.

For non c-mode play, I have to go with the Ramarl for the same reasons already stated. Access to the best weapons in the game, with nice magics to bring in - she truly is a Killer Queen, dynamite with the gelatine, blow your mind with a maser beam, Killer Queen.

And she's cool looking with a Yas 2000h gangsta style.

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2004, 01:49 PM
I'm going to have to go with the HUmar on this one. FOmar is too specialized. So are RAmarl and HUnewearl. It's a dual specialization in their cases, but it's still a dual specialization. ATP/MST in the case of FOmar/HUnl and ATA/MST in the case of RAmarl.

HUmar doesn't really specialize in anything.
Good ATP, but not the best, good ATA with decent growth, but not the best, decent DFP and EVP, OK MST, enough techs to get by on, good ATP, OK TP... There isn't anything truly bad on a HUmar, and nothing truly great.

They're somewhat challenging to use, but also fairly easy once you get the hang of it. They have a bad stereotype as a n00b character(Oddly, the HUcast, another favourite of n00bs, does not carry this stigma), though.

RicoRoyal
Jul 14, 2004, 01:56 PM
On 2004-07-14 11:48, Sitka wrote:
she truly is a Killer Queen, dynamite with the gelatine, blow your mind with a maser beam, Killer Queen.

*sings along with Sitka*

DYNAMITE WITH A LAZERRRR BEAM!!!

To Ian: You call that a PWNING? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Vielka
Jul 14, 2004, 04:21 PM
On 2004-07-14 10:19, Eanae wrote:
HUnewearl. They're a hunter that has good magical ability, which gives her a nice balance to play as. She has that nice offensive power, and the magical ability for when you need it. Works out really nicely.

agreed.. They can be a good caster or melee character.. they arent overly stacked in one area like Racast is to ATP or Fonewearls to MST

Mixfortune
Jul 14, 2004, 04:38 PM
I'll have to go with Ian on this one and opt for the HUmar being the most balanced class. It has more of a "Jack of all trades" feel to it. This definitely seemed to be the case of the DC at first, but actually HUmars basically became overpowered in nearly all areas...

With the inclusion of some of the newer characters, as well as adjustments to the stats and capabilities of the characters, determining the most balanced class is a bit more difficult.

Out of the characters, HUmar, HUnewearl, RAmarl, and FOmarl seem the most "mid-ground" of them all, with slight variances all around. Taking into account most balanced by seperated classes, HUmar would be the most balanced Hunter, Ramar (iffy) would be most balanced Ranger (as far as physical/magical stats goes), and FOmarl/Fomar would be most balanced Force (depdning on physical stats, mats used, etc.)

Humans generally have the most potential to be balanced, as the wider material usage allows players to sort of even out lower stats or raise higher ones even further.

And, RicoRoyal, total stat points may be great and all, but remember that a bit of ATA can make a good amount of difference, while that same amount of EVP doesn't mean a whole lot. You need to take into account the maximum of all stats of all characters available and the character class's percentage of that maximum, of something similar to that. A straight adding of the stat numbers is probably one of the worst ways to go about it, since a point in one place means more than in other places.

Ketchup345
Jul 14, 2004, 04:47 PM
I didn't mean pure stat points. I meant in efficency in all areas.

I myself go for RAmarl, for many reasons said above, best EVP, decent ATP, 2nd best ATA, decent DFP, good non-FOrce MST. They can melee as well as some HUnters (possibly even better than some solo HUnters). They have more than a few long range weapons. RAmarls can use techniques nearly as well as HUnewearls (though HUnewearls have a few more MST points).

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2004, 05:07 PM
On 2004-07-14 11:56, RicoRoyal wrote:

To Ian: You call that a PWNING? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I don't recall attempting to pwn you.

Also, your arguments in favour of RAmarl/HUnewearl being the most 'balanced' merely prove that they are not balanced.

Also, insulting me for stating my reasons for something(Note that I did not see the edit to your post, nor did I care) is rather childish and pointless.

As far as overall balance goes, without have an excess of any stat at all, the HUmar wins at this hands down. He does not excel at ATP. It's good, but not the best. He does not excel at DFP. It's good, but not the best. He does not excel at MST. It's adequete, but far from the best. He does not excel at EVP. It's good, but not the best. He's also not the worst at any of these things. An argument could be made for having the least MST of his class, but as there are only two fleshbag members of his class, it's somewhat moot.

HUnewearl excels at MST. Both for her class, and overall. Her max is the 5th best in the game and not that far off from FOmarl's. On the other hand she has the lowest ATP and HP of the Hunter class. She's designed to specialize in MST and being a secondary support character, while being a Hunter. She is not 'balanced'.

RAmarl excels at ATA, naturally, being a Ranger, and MST. She's like the HUnewearl. She has the highest EVP in the game, hardly 'balanced', high MST, second best ATA, etc. She's again very specialized at being a secondary support character. She is also not 'balanced'.

HUmar is the only class in the game who has no bests and only one insignifigant worst.(And his MST is not the worst in the game, either).

An argument could be made, now, for the FOnewm being balanced, but he specializes too much at being the best tech nuking FO. ^_- Ditto FOmarl at being the best support FO.

HUmar has nothing in particular going for him, and nothing in particular going against him. Thus, he is the most 'balanced', hovering in the middle of all extremes.

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2004, 05:10 PM
Ketchup, if you mean that, why not say 'Best solo character'? What makes a character balanced and what makes it a good solo character are not the same thing.

Rainbowlemon
Jul 14, 2004, 05:16 PM
Well I couldn't rightly say, it's a difficult choice. However, I can safely say that the FOmarl, FOnewearl and FOnewm can all be disregarded - they lack the defence, HP and ATP to be an all-rounded character >.>

EDIT: However, even though I'm not "allowed" to vote for a droid, and even though I've never fully used one, I would have to say RAcaseal. Their maxed stats are more than impressive, and anyone with a grasp of the game could get to a point where MST is insignificant - Can anyone say Zalure Needle?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antimony on 2004-07-14 15:19 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jul 14, 2004, 05:34 PM
On 2004-07-14 15:10, Ian-KunX wrote:
Ketchup, if you mean that, why not say 'Best solo character'? What makes a character balanced and what makes it a good solo character are not the same thing.

A) Learn to edit your posts. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
B) I meant that they are able to do anything. The bit about soloing better than certain HUnters was that they can melee, nearly as good or better than classes designed to melee.

RicoRoyal
Jul 14, 2004, 05:35 PM
On 2004-07-14 15:07, Ian-KunX wrote:
Also, your arguments in favour of RAmarl/HUnewearl being the most 'balanced' merely prove that they are not balanced.

Yes, I suppose I went about this topic the wrong way, thinking that it was "Who has the most potential" (or something of the sorts... don't argue about this)

HUmar has nothing in particular going for him, and nothing in particular going against him. Thus, he is the most 'balanced', hovering in the middle of all extremes.

You made great points and I accept the facts that you have given. I suppose he is the most 'balanced'. My misinterpretation of the term 'balanced' didn't register in my brain until you and the others talked more about the HUmar.

An argument could be made, now, for the FOnewm being balanced, but he specializes too much at being the best tech nuking FO. ^_- Ditto FOmarl at being the best support FO.

*Hugs FOnewm*
Yes, I too was going to go down that path of the argument but then the same fact sunk in here as it did with you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Also, insulting me for stating my reasons for something(Note that I did not see the edit to your post, nor did I care) is rather childish and pointless.

Sorry for being childish. That is my nature of being. I was trying to have some fun with you is all. (Didn't you see the http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif?) I didn't mean to insult you, but thanks for trying to insult me back. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif Just don't take everything so seriously. I say this knowing there is a risk you will take offense to my telling you what to do, but just relax once in a while. The last thing I want is to go down the angry-Ian path with you AGAIN.

Look:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
^_- ^_- ^_-

Ketchup345
Jul 14, 2004, 05:41 PM
Sorry, I've changed the thread to be what class has the most potential. This is what I origionally meant, but didn't know how to put it at the time I posted (right before work).

HUmar is probably the most balanced, excelling in nothing, being the worst in nothing.

Most potential I can only see the HUnewearl or RAmarl taking this.

RicoRoyal
Jul 14, 2004, 05:53 PM
Well, that was unexpected...
I guess my original argument still stands then. Discuss. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 14, 2004, 05:56 PM
My FOmar begs to differ. ^_-

...Ok, so FOmars suck, I know, I know. But I love them anyway, and they can be killing machines. n.n *hugs Zero*

Most potential depends on who you're with.

Solo? RAmarl's your best bet. Got a good support FO? Break out your HUcast or even a HUmar or RAcast for the still-awesome ATP and better ATA. You are the support FO and you want to whack stuff while you do it? Go grab your FOmar or FOmarl. Want to tech nuke? FOnewm. C-mode FO? FOnewearl or FOmarl. C-mode RA? RAcast or RAcaseal. C-mode HU? HUcaseal or HUcast.

Etc. Every single class can be best at something, except RAmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But yes, most potential in being able to take care of themselves and dish out punishment, HUnewearl, RAmarl and FOmar. (Suck me, Zero can more than take care of himself. Hello, he IS his own support FO. XD)

Sitka
Jul 14, 2004, 06:05 PM
He said...she said...

Funny how threads...well...thread

Another way of looking at this "balanced" or "potential" question might be dependent upon how one like to play their character. Someone who tends to play "balls to the wall" (sorry ladies), might prefer any character that can really mix things up meelee style....or support....or cast....like a Hunewearl or Ramarl and in this capacity, both characters have awesome "potential."

I prefer, much prefer, playing droids who cannot support other than to freeze a Merikle for your aggressive style humar friend or tag a Sinow to prevent the Fonewearl from dropping a scape. They're not "balanced" and have no "potential" to be "balanced," but I really enjoy playing them and find the 'balanced' skills of the Hucaseal (i.e. buster, mechguns, traps) to be fantastic.

But, according to the poster's original thought, I still feel Ketchup tends to be right on as far as the balanced array of skills that a Ramarl can bring to a game. Consider the ability to seize, freeze or otherwise render immobile a pack of enemies for her teammates that a Ramarl can do in multiple ways. Last time I checked, s-rank zalure needles were not equipable by Hunewearls. Pack versus single attack (allow for a rainbow baton, but still). Just one of many points to consider.

Some people prefer playing a humar (obviously Ian) as a great, balanced character. I personally, favor the Ramarl. Tomatoes, tomahtos - neither, nihthir - it's all good. And valid points by all, to be sure.

The truth is, I enjoy every one of these characters very much, but my skill levels and interests favor the Ramarl. As Michael Moore suggested in Bowling for Columbine - I come from a gun culture - can't help it.

And yes, she is dynamite with a laser beam.

kazuma56
Jul 14, 2004, 10:32 PM
Hey Ian, I'll fight you on that..... jj, as for the most potential, It all depends on the player, bnot the class, Fomars have the ability to do all spells plus damage most enemies for decent damaage given the weapon, Yes, Humars are the most balanced if you look at it, but iif you compare him to all other Humans out there, he will have the best ATP potential, and best DFP, I sthink that potential wise a Hunewearl/Ramarl are better suited for that role, but given the above reason that I have stated, their abilities are worthless if they are not used correctly or at the right time.

As quoted from someone on Gamefaqs (I know his name but will not state it for obvious reasons) "the most important stat in any RPG is the player IQ"