PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on techs...

550Mad
Jul 15, 2004, 04:00 AM
At what point do Grants & Megid become worth it? I'm still an early force, and I never use them but they HAVE to be useful at some level, right?

thanks

EJ
Jul 15, 2004, 04:10 AM
they can be useful on higher lvl force and atleast lv 20-28 they are useful. I usually use megid on those annoying gee at seaside and I use grants on espilon. BTW this is all on ult I use it on http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Those are the only time I use them.

Oh yea I also use megid on those Morfos since they have weak EDK http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DOG21313
Jul 15, 2004, 04:29 AM
On ult at around lv 25 or over:
Megid: Lots of things in CCA can easily be killed by it. Things that are hard to kill with it: Minibosses, Zol Gibbons. I think thats it. EVERYTHING in seabed has the ability to get killed pretty easily by Megid (Yes, I have even killed Delbiters with it at Lv28).

Grants: Not a lot of things on ultimate are weak to it, things I can think of are Hildelts, Epsilon, Zol Gibbons, and possibly some enemies in ruins. Grants isnt very useful in Ultimate, too many things have awesome ELT.

For Normal through VH: Grants = Ownage most of the time, but it will cost you a lot of tp, you are probably better off with other techniques. Megid is not worth it til you get it on a higher level. Megid 1-15 are virtually useless, I could barely kill an Evil Shark on Normal with Soul Banish megid (I think it is Lv7, not sure) But it becomes incredibly useful in Ultimate Episode 2 at Lv20-28.

Saffran
Jul 15, 2004, 05:19 AM
Grantz might save your butt in the Mines in Ultimate too, since you can step on the doorway and stay there. It will target most ennemies in the room because of the insane range, and do correct damage to Gilchics and Dubchicks. (which account for like 60% of all ennemies in the Mines)
If you're strong enough (if you have gotten higher disks from another character) you might want to spam Foie Magic instead, it will cost you less.

Sitka
Jul 15, 2004, 12:19 PM
My observation has been that level 26+ megid pwns Episode II.

It doesn't seem to work too well on Episode I, too high a edk on the enemies, but my friends that play forces typically use megid throughout Ep. II with great success.

If you need to find high-level megid discs, I have had great success in lower seabeds, finding one level 29 megid and two level 28 megid discs.

The forces I play with RARELY use Grants. Gifoe, Gizonde, Rabarta and Rafoie seem to be the attack magics of choice on Ep. I and megid for many situations on Ep. II. At least, that's what I've been observing.

gream-green
Jul 15, 2004, 12:49 PM
On 2004-07-15 10:19, Sitka wrote:

The forces I play with RARELY use Grants. Gifoe, Gizonde, Rabarta and Rafoie seem to be the attack magics of choice on Ep. I and megid for many situations on Ep. II. At least, that's what I've been observing.

Grants is good for traps floating above your buddies head.

You can use grants on I think Bulclaws and Bulks in ult. as well, Dark Gunners, Love Rappies, Gael(olga's friend), I think Sinow Zele to maybe, but yea I dont use it much at all. Oh and it does a lot of damage to a darvant as well but I would not reccomend using grants to clear out darvant's on ult. You can use get Olga with it pretty good sometimes also. I have level 26.

Swan
Jul 17, 2004, 06:26 PM
their good for taking out dark enemies. I forget which one does light damage, but it's very useful agains dark falz.

Sayara
Jul 17, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-07-17 16:26, Swan wrote:
their good for taking out dark enemies. I forget which one does light damage, but it's very useful agains dark falz.

The Light Damager is the Gran Sorceror, Whom uses Grants as Falz does...

And eh... I always thought Falz was weak against the 3 basic elements...
Form 1 - Zonde
Form 2 - Barta
Form 3 - Foie