PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Tutorial: Episode 6

trypticon
Jul 15, 2004, 04:27 AM
A little late, but also a little long. Thin band users beware. Check it out at http://adam.killsmurf.com/vids/psomovie6.wmv

or go to the index at http://adam.killsmurf.com/vids/

and download it straight from there.

This episode deals with synthesis items, among other things. Lightning makes another appearance as the co-host, as well as Dark Shadow.

BOmar
Jul 15, 2004, 05:53 AM
As soon as the stupid voices started, I stopped watching http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DOG21313
Jul 15, 2004, 07:06 AM
On 2004-07-15 03:53, BOmar wrote:
As soon as the stupid voices started, I stopped watching http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

You are the only one who seems to have a problem with the "stupid voices". You know they are going to be there, so why do you even watch? This was even in the last thread. Dont post if you are just going to repeat something about the voices, which by the way add a lot to the videos.

Anyways, I think this one was the best so far, you have been improving a lot. Cant wait to see the next one. Keep it up man. =P

Tact
Jul 15, 2004, 08:15 AM
So that God Equip thing is just the mesed up servers? Sweet. However, I can't help but feel that someone didn't watch that, and accuse people of hacking when the servers lag and God Equip shows up. And then, the one they accused was someone who watched the video...mass chaos. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Nazo
Jul 15, 2004, 11:35 AM
Yet another episode of Tutorial makes its way. Less humor then the first few, but its still tight.

Keep it up!

-from, your #1 fan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

trypticon
Jul 15, 2004, 11:37 AM
On 2004-07-15 03:53, BOmar wrote:

Ok, seriously I already addressed your complaint in the last thread about these videos, so I'm not even going to take this seriously anymore. I think you may be having a problem with me putting something of an english accent on everybody. If you are really from the UK, then I respect that. However, I'm not going to go back to a different voice, just because some viewers will expect Lightning to sound a certain way now. If anything, you should be happy that Sandro didn't even get a voice this time around.

Again, I'm not interested in your insults, Bomar. I could care less what you think about the voices, because if they weren't there, these movies would suck worse than they already do. So, you go and do what I told Paganini to during one of the many times he told me that I had done well. Then again, you never got past the scene with Lightning, so you won't know what I'm talking about.

Sef
Jul 15, 2004, 11:44 AM
Ah, I've downloaded #5 when it came out, but I haven't watched it yet, so I figure I'll download 6 and then watch them both.

I think the tutorials are very good. They teach you the basics and some tips and tricks along the way. I think they're overall nice to watch. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ashcroft
Jul 15, 2004, 11:56 AM
I like 'em....

<_<

>_>

What? >_<

Butoden
Jul 15, 2004, 12:15 PM
I haven't seen them all, I decided to download and view this one, cuz I was bored.
Hmm... what I would change are the different voices for the characters, you obviously made them yourself, and they're quite annoying really. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif The default voice is fine though.
Hmm I think it's cool you write along in game, as if they are subtitles. For people who cant make out the voice.
Hmm.. But you know what u could do? Edit your shortcut menu so you only have to press one button (combination) to show the next part of the sentence, rather than cutting out the entire movie. It must be hard work.

NEways, I was wondering how you can equip 215 or 216 Trimates. Is it a hack? o.O

Sef
Jul 15, 2004, 12:16 PM
I've never seen this "God of Equip", although it sounds and looks rather interesting.

Does it happen alot and at unknown times? Or is it at certain times?

trypticon
Jul 15, 2004, 12:23 PM
It seems to happen a lot more than people would think it would. I have been seeing this regularly for the past year and a half now online, most notably in trade windows, but it becomes more visual when somebody equips the item.

As for the other question, the high amount of monomates or whatever else was there was just an expiriment with another glitch in the game, and not really what the episode was about at all. I'm really surprised I didn't figure out the means to that glitch ages ago, since it's so simple, it can be done by mistake. But again, as with BOmars complaint, the voices are there to stay for now, simply because the few viewers this series gets have related Lightning with the spazzed out Enlgish accent, even if it is obvious that I'm doing the voices myself. I tried to get some other people in to help with voice work, but was refused each time. When filming, I do have all the lines on quick chat, and sometimes have to go and redo them all, as with the synthesis items segment, which took them all up numerous times. Then I do the voicework afterwards, reading the script, adding it to the movie, then cutting the movie so the chat bubbles match up with the lines. I didn't do this so much in the scene with Sandro, because I was trying to show that he wasn't switching items or anything while I was filming, even though I did end up cutting some parts where the two of us were just standing there, or he was making sure what he had equiped was what I was trying to see as the incorrect item. It is a long process. When I started editing the movie two days ago, it was over 45 minutes in length. I had to cut that down to just a bit over 15 minutes to make sure the file size would be reasonable enough for people to want to watch it, as well as cutting out my own whiney voice enough so that people wouldn't blow their brains out immediately after viewing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2004-07-15 10:26 ]</font>

Butoden
Jul 15, 2004, 12:27 PM
The glitch, it's created by duping isn't it? I think I've seen people online in the old hacked PC version with it. <_<

trypticon
Jul 15, 2004, 12:30 PM
No, it doesn't involve duping at all.

Nazo
Jul 15, 2004, 12:47 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I find the voices fine and amusing... Maybe its just me and my eccentricities for vocal talents? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Seriously though, since tryp's doing this on his own, and its free, (I did that intentionally folks) I think we should be caring a bit more about whether we get to watch it and whatnot. C'mon, its only the 6th episode.

trypticon
Jul 15, 2004, 04:22 PM
Nazo is right in that it is only the sixth in the series. later ones are bound to be better than this.

Sayara
Jul 16, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hey! Its good now. Everytime around the quality gets better and better and better. Thoug i miss the underwater diver though... o.o;

Though this episode was really convient since i am trying for Heart Key Items!

Piranha_Man
Jul 16, 2004, 10:21 PM
Trypticon, why do you complain when other people say your voice is annoying. You said you even get tired of hearing your own voice, that you're annoying. =P

Xaos127
Jul 17, 2004, 12:05 AM
it was alright, im glad to see they keep geting better and better. And will we see a return of the underwater ranger. you know the one who lives the life of danger A.k.A the Plastic Diver Guy

BOmar
Jul 17, 2004, 10:56 AM
On 2004-07-15 14:22, trypticon wrote:
Nazo is right in that it is only the sixth in the series. later ones are bound to be better than this.

Hence me keeping giving my opinion on them. If that offends you then I shall stop. I had not read your response in the previous thread as I didn't notice it until you posted your lubbly flames. I will not be repeating my view on the voices unless there is a change to them.

I have no problem with someone trying to do an english accent as it is usually funny, but find these voices to sound like one of my friends used to when they were nervously trying to do a prank call and putting on a random "funny" voice. I honestly hadn't noticed they were English as I had just noticed that they sounded really false and annoying.

trypticon wrote:
I don't quite understand why people at the forums here like to mix compliments with insults, but I see it in just about every thread once or twice, at least.
Because there was an improvement in the visuals, but not in the sound. I watched the last episode a second time without sound and thought it was much better. Should people only put negative or positive things in the future to not offend you?

dog wrote:
You are the only one who seems to have a problem with the "stupid voices".

butoden wrote:
Hmm... what I would change are the different voices for the characters, you obviously made them yourself, and they're quite annoying really.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

dog wrote:
You know they are going to be there, so why do you even watch?
How would I know they were going to be there? I thought perhaps the criticism would have led to a slight change at some point (again I had not read his reply in the other thread before posting that comment).

dog wrote:
Dont post if you are just going to repeat something
You are ordering me not to post? o_O

Perhaps I should take dog's advice from when someone was annoyed at people disagreeing with them...

dog wrote:
type it up in notepad or something, just dont bring it on here. Simple as that.
*watches the point being made fly over most people's heads*

For those of you who don't like to read long posts:

I was putting my opinion as I believed that was what tryp wanted.
I had not seen his reply in the other topic in regards to my disgust at the voices.
I won't post again about the voices unless they change.
Negative views are teh evil! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

*awaits views from the fanboys on how stupid I am for not liking it and actually saying so unlike the other forum-goers who gave up a while ago...* >.<

trypticon
Jul 17, 2004, 09:14 PM
On 2004-07-17 08:56, BOmar wrote:

*awaits views from the fanboys on how stupid I am for not liking it and actually saying so unlike the other forum-goers who gave up a while ago...* >.<

I don't remember the other forum goers saying they didn't like it. Have it your way though, I'm done.

Ninpo_Tamashii
Jul 18, 2004, 11:02 AM
o.o is his voice really that much of a big deal..the topic was about the whole god equip thing.., I've been away from pso since last september so I'm completely unaware of such things going on, and I'd assume it was some uber glitch like with the whole multi-eqipping deal which got really popular before i left. I might get back into the game so this is nice information to know before i hop back on again. Good job on the Episodes, and if you've made more, more power to you. Its a very good newbie guide. I know when i first started playing, i had no clue at all how to get photon drops turned into items etc. The guides all said "gallons quest" information he gives is very helpful, becuase some people are visual learners. Well, that was mah 10 cents. And if anybody can update me a bit on what's been going on for nearly the past year I'd love to know pm's or where ever, thank you

Luis
Jul 21, 2004, 02:27 AM
my question is, how you can make all the people happy?? i am following those guys since tutorial #1, and i see lots of complains about, the voice, etc etc etc, but can u figured the job that those people are doing, i think they are doing a great job no matter what, but what pissed me off is how people complains abouts "little" details, just leave it man, nobody is perfect, and why should be?, if they did something wrong, yeah they may did, but i am sure they did a lots of stuff right, also try to appretiate some other people jobs (and their job is for free)

DOG21313
Jul 21, 2004, 05:37 AM
Oh, wow, I was wrong. TWO people dont like the voices. Point is, if they bother you, you dont HAVE to watch them. You arent being forced at gunpoint to come into this thread and click the link up there. The majority of the people seem to have no problem with them, if you do, simply dont watch them.

How would I know they were going to be there? I thought perhaps the criticism would have led to a slight change at some point (again I had not read his reply in the other thread before posting that comment). I had assumed you looked at the old thread.

You are ordering me not to post? o_O I believe its against the forum rules to post when you arent adding anything to the discussion. In this case, you had already said that in the last thread, thus we already knew you didnt like the voices Trypticon used.

Perhaps I should take dog's advice from when someone was annoyed at people disagreeing with them...
Errr... What was that? If I am reading this right, then you are saying I am annoyed at you disagreeing with me? No, I am annoyed at you coming in here to post about the voices when you had already said about the same thing in the last thread. You arent contributing anything to the discussion.

*watches the point being made fly over most people's heads* The point of that was to type it somewhere else so we dont have to look at it when you RE-POST something that has already been said.

For those of you who don't like to read long posts:

I was putting my opinion as I believed that was what tryp wanted.
I had not seen his reply in the other topic in regards to my disgust at the voices.
I won't post again about the voices unless they change.
Negative views are teh evil! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

1. You already put it in the last thread. We dont need to see it again.
2. I had assumed you had, resulting in this confusion.
3. Okay, I am fine with that.

Like I said before, I have no problem with you disagreeing. I am saying you shouldnt keep posting this. Trypticon saw it in the last thread, and told you that he was not going to change it. (I know, you didnt see that.)

The other "forum goers who gave up" saw that Trypticon was not going to change the voices and therefore did not come in and view them. Those of us who liked the voices are still here viewing the videos. Seeing a pattern? Good. If you dont like the voices, DONT VIEW THE VIDEOS! Its that simple!

*cough* Back on topic now. Keep up the good work, I really like these videos. They are good for viewing to learn about the game and they are also really entertaining. I cant wait til the next one comes out. =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DOG21313 on 2004-07-21 03:39 ]</font>

Sharkyland
Jul 21, 2004, 01:35 PM
I viewed Episode 6. It's pretty good. Though I have never seen the God of Equip error yet when the servers are out of synch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-07-21 11:36 ]</font>