PDA

View Full Version : Heaven Punisher

gamemaster4
Jul 15, 2004, 07:19 PM
Its seems to me that almost everyone at this site hates this 12 star rare. I don't have one and I don't know everything about it but I think its looks cool. Its special only works every other 100 beats and it looks cool and it hits a lot of enemies. Its like a bunch of purple light shooting down on to the enemies. So I was just wondering why you guys don't like it. Don't get angry or anything, I am just wondering.

Akulamenuri
Jul 15, 2004, 07:21 PM
Alot of people dont like it because its one of the hardest weapons to get in the game but yet its one of the worst.

Some even say

Red Handgun > Heaven's Punisher

Cc08
Jul 15, 2004, 07:22 PM
I don't have one, but I hear that the special is only good for Normal-VHard. I hear it's basically useless in ULT b/c it doesn't do enough damage and the enemies move fast. It is basically a show-off weapon.

Bit
Jul 15, 2004, 08:03 PM
You know I actually tried to get one today http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Got a green box instead :/

Mixfortune
Jul 15, 2004, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure exactly how well it functions online, but in offline Ultimate it works decently in Ult Mines with my brother's RAcast.

Although, a Zalure Needle might have a better time using some other sorts of weapons that do damage based on enemy DFP and your ATP.

Ketchup345
Jul 15, 2004, 08:23 PM
Yestewrday someone in my party was using the special in the Tower.

Less than 200 damage.

Definately not worth it except for bragging rights (if people believe you), and collector's item.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-15 18:33 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jul 15, 2004, 08:31 PM
On 2004-07-15 18:23, Ketchup345 wrote:
Yestewrday someone in my party was using the special in the Tower.

Less than 200 damage.

True, it may not be that great in the tower, since the enemies are less in groups and more of their own small powerhouses.

It only really seems of any use at all in the Mines since Gilchics can fall over regardless of damage, and Canabins are stunned before moving in an endless circle.

The special always hits, and can cover a wide area, again a decent weapon use in the Mines, as they are generally in larger rooms with bigger crowds.

But, as I said, I'm not sure how much they do in online Mines, so I can't speak on their behalf there. I will agree, though, that Heaven Punisher is not really worth its rarity, but it does have its uses.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2004, 08:35 PM
It's great for tagging in VHard games on Vega.

Outside of that, it's shit. >_>;

gamemaster4
Jul 17, 2004, 02:52 PM
Well, thanks for the info guys. I now understand why a lot of you don't like it. I still want one though....wish me luck.

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 17, 2004, 03:14 PM
its good in multi player if you're facing a lot of enemies and dont give a crap that you're doing nothing while the other people get killed.

edit:it' fun pretending you're Dark Falz though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FIDELCASTRO on 2004-07-17 13:15 ]</font>

Razorwood
Jul 19, 2004, 06:22 AM
Try using it on the Sil Dragon it ripes him apart in minutes. I spent 2 weeks piping mine and i'm happy with the damage it does in UTL I use it quite a bit in Forest and Caves.

hfnico
Jul 19, 2004, 06:46 AM
You can hit all the ennemies so you got all EXP, even if you don't kill you got 70% of the exp.
It's cool if you don't have gizonde -> good for Ra droîds, and nice looking!

KaFKa
Jul 19, 2004, 06:48 AM
i have two, and they're the epitome of uselessness. (except for that uber-twinked RAcaseal going through hard. that was fun)

Razorwood
Jul 19, 2004, 06:52 AM
I bet if it was more powerful most of the people here would be complaining that people use it to steal all the kills online.

Gats
Jul 19, 2004, 07:16 AM
lol

SJ
Jul 19, 2004, 08:19 AM
I personal dislike it, but it does look cool.
Now Id rather have a Agito 75, Lavis Cannon, Sy...x2 than HP or PW

heyf00L
Jul 19, 2004, 11:08 AM
It has a few uses, but in most cases in ultimate it's not that great.
I know a couple of people that really want one no matter how useless it is. One is piping torrs and the other has been doing Skyly CCA for as long as I've known him.

FattyMcGee
Jul 20, 2004, 05:11 AM
On 2004-07-19 06:19, SJ wrote:
I personal dislike it, but it does look cool.
Now Id rather have a Agito 75, Lavis Cannon, Sy...x2 than HP or PW

you've got to be kidding me. Why in God's name would you want a '75 agito? that's just as useless, and the special is MORE useless!

ask anyone around here who's bothered to go find one (that includes me unfortunately http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ): they suck.

--fatty

Gjl
Jul 20, 2004, 05:16 AM
On 2004-07-19 04:52, Razorwood wrote:
I bet if it was more powerful most of the people here would be complaining that people use it to steal all the kills online.

Can you imagine the insane lag if every dupe user/duper etc. used them all the time?

Jason
Jul 20, 2004, 07:33 PM
On 2004-07-20 03:16, Gjl wrote:

On 2004-07-19 04:52, Razorwood wrote:

Can you imagine the insane lag if every dupe user/duper etc. used them all the time?

You mean, with a full team of 4 all using the special attack of the Heaven's Punisher at the same time together? Imagine 2 use it and the other 2 casting techs like crazy. And with having as many boxes/meseta dropped around you and your team as possible. Whatever makes the lag huge. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-20 17:36 ]</font>