PDA

View Full Version : What are you seeking?

Sitka
Jul 16, 2004, 11:36 AM
No poll this time, but a simple question:

What are you seeking?

Is there something specific you're trying to hunt down? Why? How? Where?

Are you going to create a character solely because of that character's ability to pipe for that item, or are you going to do hundreds of Tower runs or Endless Nightmare runs to grab that item.

And when you get it, what then?

As Asia reminds me often, no item is worth spending hundreds of hours hunting down. But if that Prophets of Motav just happens to fall.....

Anyway, I'm looking for the Yas 9000m right now, mostly by jumping into other Purplenum games and calling for the Crimson Assassin drop - I've actually had three drop in games, but others always got them. Why the 9000m - because the combination of range, ATP boost and multiple hits make it an awesome weapon, particularly for bosses. Watching Asia use his with his Racast has convinced me that it would be a worthwhile item to hunt.

I have a lvl 96 Ramarl that I've neglected as I make the final push to get Sitka Blue D to lvl 200 (should hit 194 today), and I've got plans to put some serious effort into Cu'Chullain, my stylin new FOnewm, plus c-mode games have been my obsession as of late, so the push for the Yas9000m is just a fancy. If it happens soon, great. If not, I'm having a lot of fun anyway, so I'll grab it later.

So what are you seeking and is it a casual search or are you foaming at the mouth, pipe for 8 hours straight obsessed about getting that one great weapon?

Of course the ONE weapon I just have to get is my s-rank needle - but that will have to wait until ST finishes posting stages 4 & 5 for us xboxers.

Until then.

ombres
Jul 16, 2004, 11:57 AM
For now, I am looking for a cure/shock and to see my first ever hildeblue, never manage to make him spawn!!
After that I will go back to Hard and try to get some of the drop there that I can only get at that lvl(like photon launcher from Vol Opt, the cure/shock will help kill him faster)
Yeah I know they are still newbie wish list, but I am one and having lot of fun to hunt for them!!

Cyger
Jul 16, 2004, 12:04 PM
Me, the new Works Guard(not new but you can get it much easier now with the new TTF2). That would help SO much with my Hucaseal since she blocks a ton of attacks. Block....heal....get hit....block...heal it.....lol

Aredhel
Jul 16, 2004, 12:08 PM
enlightenment...

what's the drop rate on that anyways? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know, I know - check the guides... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

*kicks dead horse*

I truly don't have any set direction anymore - there's loads of great items I need to get, so I just pretty much play wherever I want. When you have a lv 107 Redria, anywhere you go on Ultimate has some great item drops, so I go where I please! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2004-07-16 10:09 ]</font>

Myopathy
Jul 16, 2004, 12:17 PM
Next items I'm going for are going to be EP2 S-Ranks. I've only played the first two stages so I don't know how long that's going to take.

Among the rares, I need to start looking for FO items for my newly-made FOmarl. I alread got the Marina's Bag from this Easter(Which is really all I need), but I'd like one or two rarer FO weapons.

Quo
Jul 16, 2004, 12:23 PM
My main hunt at the moment is the syncesta. 8 hours piping? Ha, I pipe all day. I've had my mind set on getting the double cannon since early August of last year.

My Characters in ULT and their hunts:

Whitill FOmarl: Rico's Glasses, Rico's Earrings. Retired Hunter Runs.

Purplenum HUcaseal: God/Ability. Mountain Runs.

Redria HUnewearl: God/Battle. FoS Runs (she finished the Lavis hunt, w00t!)

Oran FOmarl (NEW!): Syncesta. Piping Hildetorrs in FoS.

Bona Fortuna to all of us!

jspacemunkey
Jul 16, 2004, 12:33 PM
right now i'm piping two additional lavis cannons (slimes crushed: 26). i don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but i may pipe even more cannons depending on whether or not i get hit % on the remaining two. i actually enjoy piping slimes in addicting food, but it will depend on how quickly i find the remaining two cannons and what percents they end up having.

from there i'm going to rush my oran HUnewearl to ult and pipe syncestas. then it's back to my redria. i will either move on to ruins and attempt to find a spread needle (and maybe a couple other rares in the process) and then it's online mines runs (lost soul blade) until i have three kasami bracers. after that i'll just push my redria through ruins and all of ep2 until i've obtained every rare on my redria list.

back to the slimes.

Tact
Jul 16, 2004, 12:39 PM
Here's what I'm hunting/will be hunting for:

lvl 118 Viridia RAmarl, Ultimate: Anything better than my Drain Beam

Lvl 31 Skyly HUnewearl, Hard, when I get there: Any 9-star Rifle

Anuminus
Jul 16, 2004, 12:40 PM
Hmm, currently I'm hunting:

Anuminus, Yellowbooze HUmar: Red Handgun, Letter of Lionel runs, Piping for Frozen Shooter off of Torrs in FoS to give to my Ramarl, AND by the way this character is almost done with materials, just a couple more, and I'm done! (Need to get up the courage to do Soul of a Blacksmith and go to Caves 3. Damn, I HAVE Delsabers Buster and Shield so Lilies are easy but still, Caves will be hard until I get a Demo Comet off my Redria.)

Anna, Skyly HUneweral: Nothing right now, I need to level her up a bit.

Robin, Redria RAmarl: She's in hard but I reaally need to get her to Ult. So many great items...

Devius, Purplenum FOnewm: Need to lvl.

Mixfortune
Jul 16, 2004, 12:58 PM
Some of the more definite things I'm into looking for at the moment:

Yasminkov 9000M, called since my brother wants to play his Purplenum HUnewearl to try and get Spirit Garment.

Syncesta, for my Lavis Cannon. The Oran FOnewearl is already doing some piping, but I'm not getting much luck as far as Hildetorrs go... it's not like they don't drop the item, the rare monster just doesn't pop up until once in a blue moon.

At least ONE Skly Ultimate Caves drop of decent value. I've done many Skly Ult Caves runs, and the only drop I have to show for it is a single Guilty Light... not even a Photon Drop or Dragon Slayer. Blah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

And of course, there's always the occasional Tower in a feeble attempt to obtain a Sealed J. I'm not as concerned over this hunt though, so it's a lower priority.

DragonFang
Jul 16, 2004, 01:39 PM
I've been doing countless Forest Of Sorrow runs in search of a God/Battle with my Redria Hunny. I've done so many that I've gained 28 levels doing pure FoS runs (47-75). Don't know how much more of this I can take, but I don't plan on giving up until I find it.

After I find the God/Battle I plan on piping for a Heart of Poumn with my Skyly HUmar. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

And finally, after the Heart of Poumn I plan on piping for a Lavis Cannon with my hunny. Hopefully I'll find these 3 items before the summer's end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonFang on 2004-07-16 11:41 ]</font>

gream-green
Jul 16, 2004, 01:42 PM
On 2004-07-16 09:36, Sitka wrote:
As Asia reminds me often, no item is worth spending hundreds of hours hunting down. But if that Prophets of Motav just happens to fall.....

I totally 100% disagree, Evil Curst Pinkal, and when I find it I'll use it and start hunting a Prophets of Motav just to make Asia jealous, cause I personally can't stand that weapon either. I spent well into 200 hours hunting my sorcerer's cane --- was it worth it, HELL YES! Shoot the 30 hours I put into finding my double saber was worth it to...

Sitka
Jul 16, 2004, 02:57 PM
I hear you Gream .... and I hear Asia too.

I've tried the piping for many, many hours trick (remember the 22 Pal Rappies for the Angel Harp? - and it didn't drop!). After so much, though, I get bored and have to go do something else for a while.

I'm the same way in Vegas, though. NO buckets of nickels for me. Throw some change in the slots at the airport and if something starts paying back, I'll play until I lost my original change or it's time to go.

So, if I know that I can get a good drop AND (very important and) it's an area I like (Towers, Seabeds), hell I'll make multiple, multiple runs in that area - and if what I want drops, fantastic. If it doesn't, I enjoyed the experience, the crack, and the unexpected finds along the way - not to mention the levels.

But, am I going to do 30,000 runs in an area I don't like with a character that's meh to me for an item that's uber rare - hell no! In that sense, I agree with Asia that no weapon is that much better than the more easily available weapons to justify that kind of search.

Hope that makes sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2004-07-16 12:59 ]</font>

Vielka
Jul 16, 2004, 03:18 PM
lol... the first thing im hunting is my pyscho wand.. i just started 2 weeks ago and im up to around 18 mils. After that, i will go for my God/body..The God/ability is going to be insane, so i will end up going for my Oran Aura field first.

ulyoth
Jul 16, 2004, 03:34 PM
Im going for my 3rd lavis...and ive only seen 8 red slimes so far.
Is it worth it tho? My best lavis cannon is 0/35/0/15/0, is that good enough for a dbl cannon? If so ill start lving a oran to get those syntestas( or hower you spell it) and i want a magic rock irista.

gream-green
Jul 16, 2004, 03:44 PM
On 2004-07-16 12:57, Sitka wrote:
I hear you Gream .... and I hear Asia too.

I've tried the piping for many, many hours trick (remember the 22 Pal Rappies for the Angel Harp? - and it didn't drop!). After so much, though, I get bored and have to go do something else for a while.

I'm the same way in Vegas, though. NO buckets of nickels for me. Throw some change in the slots at the airport and if something starts paying back, I'll play until I lost my original change or it's time to go.

So, if I know that I can get a good drop AND (very important and) it's an area I like (Towers, Seabeds), hell I'll make multiple, multiple runs in that area - and if what I want drops, fantastic. If it doesn't, I enjoyed the experience, the crack, and the unexpected finds along the way - not to mention the levels.

But, am I going to do 30,000 runs in an area I don't like with a character that's meh to me for an item that's uber rare - hell no! In that sense, I agree with Asia that no weapon is that much better than the more easily available weapons to justify that kind of search.

Hope that makes sense.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2004-07-16 12:59 ]</font>

Fer sure, I hear ya' I definetley was not talking about piping at all(in fact I am seriously considering deleting my piped items); treasure runs are my favorite by far and away.

The difference is I will do a million runs in an area I hate i.e. CAVES, ugh...If I want something bad enough, I don't hate any part of this game enough not to do it...You also cannot find a weapon that equates with the sorcerer's cane and is more easily found. so I dunno, you all get Uber rares every time you finish a c-mode so that proabaly does diminish the thrill of finding an actual "rare" weapon that does not do as much damage as the s-rank counterpart...in that sense you are all the same, as you do millions of c-mode runs, in an effort to get your time down etc...I just don't personally care for c-mode.

I do appreciate the million pipes on that Pal Rappy you ran, I really, really do =) And I here Asia completely I just disagree =)

HOLD out for a Lavis with hit man...so worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-16 13:46 ]</font>

Eanae
Jul 16, 2004, 03:51 PM
I'm going for one main weapon at the moment. And that's a frozen shooter for my RAmarl. Of course I accidently completed the quest best for piping Hidetors, which means completing all ultimate quests in the process. But I will get it! 1/2 drop rate isn't hard at all... it's that 1/500-something rate for hiledtorrs that'll get me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

LoreSeeker
Jul 16, 2004, 05:21 PM
I'm currently searching for an Imperial Pick and a Kamui, both for my HUcaseal. I don't really need anything else, but if I stumble upon a Yas9k while I'm doing temple runs, that would rock. Damn stingy Gulgus Gues and Hildelts... and Crimsons... Bah, enemies are so stingy, except for the damn Bluefull Bartles which are always anxiously waiting to give away Gae Bolgs. They must have all left me in their wills, because as soon as those bastards die, I'm left with tons of junk. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sitka
Jul 16, 2004, 06:02 PM
So LoreSeeker

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone using an Imperial Pick or a Kamui. If I have seen it, I didn't know what it was.

Why are those weapons so important to you?

Are they better than some of the more widely used weps like the double-cannon, sange, yasha (or s&y), ancient saber, demolition comet, BKB and so forth?

Or is it a style thing?

Asia_Skyly
Jul 16, 2004, 06:38 PM
Alright, here is what I am looking for, but first some babble.
I do not look for ubber rares really. Either they drop or they do not, but I do not REALLY look for them. I define ubber rare as something with a drop rate lower than 1/10000. This means cute things like S parts 2.0, Invisible Guard, etc. are ubber to me. So... of the possible items that actually have a realistic chance of droping I am looking for...

Ancient Saber - If they carry the saber they died by my sword. I killed Gulguses, Gulgues Gues, Hildelts, Crimsons, Principals, nurses, shopkeepers, etc. I killed everyone and this piece of junk is still eluding me.

Imperial Pick - Have not started to look for this just yet.

Flame Garment - Ouch. This is almost ubber.
Demoic Fork - Purple Tower. I love the idea of using Purplenum because 1. They also get God/Ability 2. They might get the Heaven Punisher 3. My purplenum is a Hucast and I love the challenge of doing solo tower with a Hucast without dying.

The rest of the items in the game, you either pipe are ubber, or are not out.

Sitka
Jul 16, 2004, 06:48 PM
Good explanation Asia - really good.

As for those solo tower runs with your Hucast, I still can't do it without dying at least once. Between the Mericols, the Delbiters and the Ill Gils, something always gets me.

It's great practice for our final challenge stage though.

Someday you'll have to drag me along so I can just observe how you do it solo.

LoreSeeker
Jul 16, 2004, 06:50 PM
On 2004-07-16 16:02, Sitka wrote:
So LoreSeeker

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone using an Imperial Pick or a Kamui. If I have seen it, I didn't know what it was.

Why are those weapons so important to you?

Are they better than some of the more widely used weps like the double-cannon, sange, yasha (or s&y), ancient saber, demolition comet, BKB and so forth?

Or is it a style thing?

Kamui is pretty good, and Imperial Pick is kinda mediocre, but I'm really just going for style. I believe that the pictures here on PSOW are pretty good for both items, so check those out if you have a minute. I think it's always cool to be different from everyone else and use weird items.

Quick edit: I just did my homework, the pictures for Kamui aren't that great, but the Imperial Pick pictures are good. Kamui has a nice ATP boost compared to almost all of the other katana type weapons (650). Not too shabby, if you ask me. It's better than Sange or Yasha alone according to the comparison charts here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoreSeeker on 2004-07-16 16:53 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 16, 2004, 07:05 PM
Thanks LoreSeeker<

I went and checked the pic and it is a cool looking weapon.

Good luck hunting!

Tycho
Jul 16, 2004, 08:08 PM
psycho wand; bluefull 1000 ult WT runs. no, i dont have a bluefull. after that.. i'll see, not much i guess.

LoreSeeker
Jul 16, 2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks Sitka. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I need some of your luck right about now... the only decent rare that's dropped today was an Electro in Whitill Temple from a Love Rappy, which one of my friends had been searching for. It only had one slot, but with all of the PDs that collect while hunting for rares, and addslot was easy to get.

Tell
Jul 16, 2004, 11:17 PM
Demo Comet: Bluefull, Mil Lily
Agito '75: Whitill, Mil Lily
Sange: Skyly, Mil Lily(Seeing a trend here?)
Musashi: Any ID, H Dragon
Yamato: Any ID, VH Dragon
Grass Assassin's Arms: Any ID, VH Grass Assassin

Got the Demo Comet last night. Didn't need the Stink Frame after all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tell on 2004-07-20 13:23 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jul 16, 2004, 11:17 PM
Rares. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Specifically?

Well, I'm not really active in GC anymore, but in BB...well, all my characters are in Normal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Probably stuff like Demolition Comet and Red Partisan when I get a chance.

Xaos127
Jul 16, 2004, 11:56 PM
Im hunting the stupid yas7k, ive done like 200 seabed runs and it dosen't want to drop http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

lain2k3
Jul 17, 2004, 12:20 AM
still the goddamned 3 items Ive been looking for since I got my first character into ult:

S-reds blades
Kasami bracer
Nug-2000 bazooka

I'm closing in on 300 solo mines runs, and also closing in on 60 PD's from those 3 enemies.

I hate this game. I will be taking a long break from it if I dont find one of them soon. -_-

Katanahunter
Jul 17, 2004, 11:51 AM
Currently i am hunting for:

SANGE

YASHA

Another God/Power (i already have 2)

And a Standstill Shield...

TatuPreb119
Jul 17, 2004, 12:33 PM
P wand (yeah Right) and also just tring to get my Whitill to Ultimate for all of his drops

Donwar
Jul 17, 2004, 02:08 PM
I'm currently doing lots of towers with my purple RAmar, in the hopes of finding Demonic Fork, Rikas Claw(if im fairly lucky), and if I'm really lucky Hev Pun may fall as well. On the bonus side of purple I've managed to find about 7 or 8 God Abilities, and I'm hoping I'll still find more of them.

KaneKahn
Jul 17, 2004, 02:16 PM
I am seeking a better Sword that a Last Survivor, been using it since Beta in Blue Burst and its getting really old!

MXdude
Jul 17, 2004, 07:51 PM
im lookin for

Zanba(forget where to get it XD)

Partisan of Lightning(Bluefull E tower runs)

Demo comet (untill i get the pol sinc eits easier to get from a mil lily)

Luminous field(hildelt yellowboze)

Kasami Bracer

Aredhel
Jul 17, 2004, 08:25 PM
This really made me think about my PSO goals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

OK, I am/will be in the immediate future looking for...

God/Power
Spread Needle
Lavis with % hit
God/anything I suppose!

Jeez, offline sorta cuts down on the uberness opportunities, doesn't it? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Giezus
Jul 17, 2004, 08:52 PM
Lets see: Greennill section ID on ULT...
Frozen Shooter (Hildetorr)
Red Mehcgun (Dark Gunner)
Nug2000-Bazooka (Sinow Red)

In that order. As for good Shields, Armors, and God/Units, I guess I'll just have to play in other peoples games to get them.

Deuce
Jul 17, 2004, 08:53 PM
23 Redria FoS runs so far. Best item I have gotten has been an Angel/Luck from a box... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sitka, I need some of your luck!

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 17, 2004, 09:52 PM
Well, these are the next few weapons I'll be searching for, listed in order of when I plan to do them:

Spread Needle: Purplenum Ruins 1&2 over and over

PB/Create x2: Whittill VH Unsealed Door (the first coupla rooms is the fastest way to get dubchics i think)

Red/Partisan: pipe with my Redria till I get one with s3ks1 percents (I haven't decided what the definition of s3ks1 percents is yet, I'll probably wait till I get hit)

That's mainly what I'll be doing for for a while, that and leveling up my characters and completing missions (on Ult).

Akulamenuri
Jul 17, 2004, 10:24 PM
I just finished one of my goals and that was piping for Frozen Shooter on my Whitill ID. I piped for one a few days ago and I tekked it to 25 native and gave it away to a ranger online who didnt have one (im always giving). Now the one I just found has been tekked to 25% Hit (cant give this one away http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

I had a Meteor Cudgel on my old character before corruption so thats the next thing I plan on looking for. Good thing my ID has the easiest drop rate for it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 17, 2004, 11:12 PM
HOLY FREAKING SHIZNIT!!!

I sat down to play for the first time in almost a week, and then I was near the end of ruins 2 and BAM!! a merlan drops a shiny, sexy, red box!! SPREAD NEEDLE BABY!! And that was only my third designated spread needle finding trip. I think some of sitka's luck rubbed off on me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blue-Hawk
Jul 17, 2004, 11:38 PM
Loreseeker's gonna hate me. I have had a Kamui for at least a year now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It's the second strongest singlekatana weapon in the game, overshadowed only by the Orotiagito, which I have had for a year now as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, as for me, since I am playing again,
Whitil- leveling for now, but on the lookout for a Red Mech and possibly the Earrings as well. I don't need another pair of Glasses. I have 2 already. >_<

Pinkal- possibly a second 1975 Agito. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

My Blueful and Oran aren't in ult yet. >_< Material collecting for them as well. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FattyMcGee
Jul 18, 2004, 03:41 PM
@Tell:
If you have a pinkal, then...
1. an agito 1975 would be safer/easier to get from a pal rappy, same drop rate.
2. Also, the asuka is better than the yamato that you're looking for, and with pinkal you can get it 1/6 from the barba ray in ultimate (nice easy drop rate too).

On 2004-07-16 22:20, lain2k3 wrote:
still the goddamned 3 items Ive been looking for since I got my first character into ult:

S-reds blades
Kasami bracer
Nug-2000 bazooka

I'm closing in on 300 solo mines runs, and also closing in on 60 PD's from those 3 enemies.

I hate this game. I will be taking a long break from it if I dont find one of them soon. -_-

lain, if you wanted to only go after the s-red's blades and kasami bracer, a much faster way to get them is to go do soul of steel quests and just kill the sinow red & sinow blues in the first room. Of course, you don't have a chance of getting the NUG but the chances of getting the other 2 items per unit of time are greatly increased. Plus, you have a chance of getting a parts of baranz http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for me, right now I'm looking for a...

luminous field
lavis cannon
syncesta
s-red's arms
MKB
Psycho wand
God/ability

and some addslots (I'm offline only so I can't just trade in my PDs for them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif )

--fatty

hfnico
Jul 18, 2004, 04:24 PM
I'm piping red slimes for three lavis cannon.
6 red slimes droped crap...
but still hunting; i enjoy piping while watching tv on an other screen.I do addicting food with my redria racast lv.90 untill i reach the 2slimes'room.
1-3 red slimes each day...

Then i'll pipe torrs' with my oran fomarl now lv 2 but in ult at lv 41-42.

I noticed that damage traps sometimes(1/2 times)"one hit kill" slimes even if they are moving.Did someone else noticed that?

Quo
Jul 18, 2004, 04:37 PM
On 2004-07-18 14:24, hfnico wrote:
I'm piping red slimes for three lavis cannon.
6 red slimes droped crap...
but still hunting; i enjoy piping while watching tv on an other screen.I do addicting food with my redria racast lv.90 untill i reach the 2slimes'room.
1-3 red slimes each day...

Then i'll pipe torrs' with my oran fomarl now lv 2 but in ult at lv 41-42.

I noticed that damage traps sometimes(1/2 times)"one hit kill" slimes even if they are moving.Did someone else noticed that?

AAHHH! My oran is a FOmarl too. And I made her for the sole purpose of piping syncestae. And Unless you have some God/HP units, she may be in her 50s before she hits ULT.

As for slime deaths, When they are on the ground is when they are most vulnerable. If they get hit by another slime (or in your case, a damage trap) they will almost certainly die in one hit.

ON TOPIC: I have, after brief deliberation, decided to hunt some of the cool rares (specifically Yas 9k) in Purplenum temple with my HUcaseal before I get more God/Abilities.

Zero070
Jul 18, 2004, 10:16 PM
I've actually been looking for the Last Survivor for quite some time. Then I found out that only Skyly, Yellowboze, and Oran can find it. I only have a Skyly, and he's a FOmar. He just reached Hard mode yesterday, and hasn't been able to get to Caves yet. I'm trying to level him up, but it's tedious work. I don't want to restart him just to get a Hunter. Any ideas? I play offline.

littlejohn
Jul 18, 2004, 10:35 PM
since the only charaicter i have on ult. is a blueful i am mainly using him to find ok rares. I am now just trying ot milk the forest for any rares i can get there.

Heavan Punisher
Imperial Pick
agito 1975
and holy ray

GS_Punk
Jul 18, 2004, 10:47 PM
Zero, the more you play PSO, the more you will come to hate Last Survivors. Skyly is notorious for sword drops, and playing for hours on end in Ultimate mode with nothing to show but Last Survivors and Dragon Slayers will get downright annoying. But if you want one and youre in hard, try piping the rappies in Fake in Yellow.

Anyway, after getting lucky and finding a Lavis cannon then screwing it up by tekking it to -5%, I have decided not to look for anymore "rare" rares.

All Im looking for is an ASUKA. 1/900 will be tough, but obtainable. I hope.

hfnico
Jul 19, 2004, 02:39 AM
AAHHH! My oran is a FOmarl too. And I made her for the sole purpose of piping syncestae. And Unless you have some God/HP units, she may be in her 50s before she hits ULT.

I got 4 god hp so falz will be a joke for my Fomarl Yuna ;o

Quo
Jul 19, 2004, 02:48 AM
On 2004-07-19 00:39, hfnico wrote:

I got 4 god hp so falz will be a joke for my Fomarl Yuna ;o

Well then go for it. I only had 1 dragon/HP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif Yeah, I wasn't very well prepared. Still kicked his ass though.

Zero070
Jul 19, 2004, 02:39 PM
On 2004-07-18 20:47, GS_Punk wrote:
Zero, the more you play PSO, the more you will come to hate Last Survivors. Skyly is notorious for sword drops, and playing for hours on end in Ultimate mode with nothing to show but Last Survivors and Dragon Slayers will get downright annoying. But if you want one and youre in hard, try piping the rappies in Fake in Yellow.

Anyway, after getting lucky and finding a Lavis cannon then screwing it up by tekking it to -5%, I have decided not to look for anymore "rare" rares.

All Im looking for is an ASUKA. 1/900 will be tough, but obtainable. I hope.

Thanks for that. I'm also looking for something for my Blueful lvl 65 HUnewearl. I havn't been able to get her to Ultimate yet (as my strongest weapon is a Rappy Fan) and I don't know if I should play through to Ultimate just to get her a weapon, or if I should wait and find some better weapons, as I can't even get through the Mines.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zero070 on 2004-07-19 12:42 ]</font>