PDA

View Full Version : Gitaroo Man

Mixfortune
Jul 16, 2004, 01:51 PM
Ah yes, Gitaroo Man. This has been one of my favorite games for quite some time now. Seeing as how I just realized that there has never been much talk of it around here, I'm wondering if anyone around here plays this game as well, and what they think of it.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll ever beat Master's Play. I'm currently stuck on what is said to be the hardest song of the game, Born to Be Bone on Master's. It's plain madness... I've managed to get to the Finals once... once.... and I've S'ed many other songs. Insanity, insanity.

Multiplayer is quite fun, although no one plays against me anymore. I wish they had a setting for being able to play the Master's Play version of songs in multiplayer. Instead the multiplayer songs can be a bit too easy, and a few more songs could have been included, even if they didn't have two sides (VOID, for example, could still be multiplayer, if you just have both players play the defense phase and see who does the best). Still better than no multiplayer, but room for improvement in that category.

Least favorite song for me is 'Nuff Respect. I really don't care for it that much, but I enjoy the rest of the songs.

So, anyone else that has played this game? What do you think of it? How far are you? Favorite song, least favorite?

GrandWarlock
Jul 16, 2004, 02:27 PM
i've heard that gitaro ma was one of the greatest games ver. i was thinking about gettnig it but i couldn't find a copy of it anywhere. :/

DeathCheese87
Jul 16, 2004, 06:01 PM
Oh man, my girlfriend and I play that together a whole lot but right now we're on Um Jammer Lammy.

I can't say much about single player, because she owns the game. Multiplayer is a blast though, much fun. All I know is that master IS really damn hard...

Favorite song: Flying to Your Heart, or something of that sort.

Mixfortune
Jul 16, 2004, 06:05 PM
Flying to Your Heart is definitely one of the best ones.
I also like some of the parts in Tainted Lovers (Gregorio Seigfried Wilhelm III), and Bee Jam Blues is pretty fun in multiplayer.

One of my favorite songs on there, even though it's short, is Overpass. Back when I first got the game and I saw those patterns, I was all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif.

And even though the rest of the song may not be that great, Resurrection's charge phase chorus is awesome in multiplayer, since you can hear both instruments really well.