PDA

View Full Version : Why me?

LadyRedComet
Jul 16, 2004, 06:38 PM
Why the hell do I have to live with two of the laziest people I have ever met? Why the fuck does it have to be me? Normally I don't like to bitch like this, but I'm seriously wondering if anyone has a clue why people are so fucking slobby and lazy about it.

See, I have yet to move out of my house, so I'm still stuck living with my parents and my sister. Guess who does all the chores? If you thought I do, you're wrong. My mom and I share the chores for four people. PLUS we work more than my dad and sister put together (mom works at least 30 hours a week, I work 20. Dad is retired, sister works 3-9 hours a week).

I also have a "fake" job at a store, while my sister, who works at the local pizza hut, has a "real" job. WTF. She, and my parents, is continually holding this job over my head, and I'm baffled as to why. Is it because working in a store (btw, I work at the same store as my mom, but her job is real) isn't a "real" job? Am I not doing a "real" job because I do website inventory and maintainance? 'Scuse me. I thought working anywhere for a paycheck was a REAL JOB.

Plus, my sister is the biggest slob I have ever met. She leaves dirty dishes, cut out pattern pieces (for sewing), drawing supplies, cds, and everything else under the fucking sun strewn across the basement (basically the den/teenager hangout). She never cleans it up, then freaks out when she can't find things that I have put away. Yesterday, she flipped out because I asked her if she wanted to keep the pattern I was about to throw away (which I had been stepping on for a week and a half, and she wouldn't clean up no matter how many times I asked), because I wouldn't read the number on it to her. I was halfway across the fucking room, throwing something else away by the time she asked, and she was ten feet from the damn thing, downloading shit to the computer (which she had been doing for approximately 7 hours while I was at work). I in turn freaked out at her, demanding to know why the hell she couldn't walk 10 feet and look at the damn thing herself, and speaking of that, why the hell couldn't she pick the damn thing up or at least PRETEND to help me clean up. She looked me dead in the eyes, and told me it isn't her job to clean the basement.

WTF. She lives there, too. The mess is all her junk. She doesn't do any chores for me, but somehow I have to clean up for HER? And it's not like she does anything else, either. Like I mentioned, she was on the computer for at least 7 hours before I got mad. She was home all fucking day and it would kill her to take her dishes upstairs so they can be washed (by mom, gee...like dad, who is also home all day, could wash dishes). She probably only left the damn computer to go get her boyfriend and to take a piss.

Did I mention the fact that I need to vacuum the damn basement because I am allergic to the pine chips and guinea pig hair that get spread everywhere? Would it kill her to help me not have a terrible allergic reaction every time I go downstairs? Apparently, yes. Just like it would fucking kill her to pick up after her self, or mow the lawn once in a while, or dust.

Damn I hate lazy people. But I feel better now. Slightly.

I still have to vacuum.

Myopathy
Jul 16, 2004, 06:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=navinator

You two might be able to consult each other since you two seem to share similar issues.

LadyRedComet
Jul 16, 2004, 06:53 PM
I can't. You know why? Cuz Navi is friends (at the very least, friendly) with said sister.

Myopathy
Jul 16, 2004, 06:55 PM
Oh.

Damn, there goes my bright idea. http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Ezellaur/Smilies/awwDARK.jpg

navci
Jul 16, 2004, 07:00 PM
On 2004-07-16 16:53, LadyRedComet wrote:
I can't. You know why? Cuz Navi is friends (at the very least, friendly) with said sister.

We are not friends. Gahaha. Really.

You know what, your sis should marry my bro and move somewhere far far far away from us. No, seriously. I have a rant about my bro just a little down, you will see why they are made perfectly for each other.

I feel for you, man. This stinks.

Scejntjynahl
Jul 16, 2004, 07:03 PM
On 2004-07-16 16:53, LadyRedComet wrote:

I dont know about that, they are "acquainted" and rival artists, but friends?

Your sister is taking you for granted. Believe me she will know the difference when you are away at college. Just hang tough, you will see the light. And they will miss you dearly.

It is just a matter of time, and you will finally be free from those bonds. And your job is real, regardless of what anyone says.

ABDUR101
Jul 16, 2004, 07:07 PM
Do what I do in most situations that others are taking advantage of my generosity and quiet nature, make an example out of the current situation by giving as much effort as everyone else.

When you stop doing the work that everyone else neglects, and they bring it up to you, turn it around on them and explain that if others involved were doing their part instead of dragging their feet, it would'nt be an issue.

Point out every detail that you do, that you've stopped doing, to make a point of how much you do and the difference it makes when you don't, and then tell them what you want to happen so everything doesn't get put on you in the end.

And as long as you're getting paid for something you're doing, thats a job. Atleast you're working 20 hours a week, right? Don't listen to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2004-07-16 17:17 ]</font>

Aredhel
Jul 16, 2004, 08:49 PM
On 2004-07-16 17:07, ABDUR101 wrote:

Don't listen to them.

Best. Advice. Ever. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarthFomar
Jul 16, 2004, 11:27 PM
On 2004-07-16 16:38, LadyRedComet wrote:
Why the hell do I have to live with two of the laziest people I have ever met?

I already feel sorry for you, no seriously. I can understand where you are coming from.

You know, sometimes my dad is so lazy he will just sit on the couch and watch TV. Then I go ask him if he can go pick up dinner or go to the store cuz we need something. He almost always says "no".

He only gets up for work and fishing. *well, It's wrong to say that, but that's the highlight of it all* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

One time, he was suppose to go to wal-mart to get milk and stuff.....but instead came back with only 3/4 of what was needed and a bag of fishing lures and what not. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2004-07-16 21:30 ]</font>

LadyRedComet
Jul 16, 2004, 11:38 PM
Thanks for your support. (I just hope no one runs off and tells my sister about this thread...)

The only problem with doing what everyone else does is that I am allergic to the stuff that gets under the junk that my sister leaves on the floor. So if I leave it there and don't vacuum, my nose stuffs up, my eyes get red and itchy, and I sometimes get a rash on my skin. I would honestly love to give her a taste of her own laziness, but for one, I doubt she would notice, and for two, I would only end up hurting myself.

I'm just glad I'm getting out soon, or I'd be afraid of really having a breakdown and hurting someone.

KaFKa
Jul 17, 2004, 07:58 AM
On 2004-07-16 21:38, LadyRedComet wrote:
really having a breakdown and hurting someone.

you'd never know how easily that solves problems, LRC.

its good to hear you're getting out of there, though. hope you have a roommate that isnt as bad as demi or your father http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Evil_Althena8
Jul 17, 2004, 02:12 PM
you would hate me then. I am quite lazy...but I just don't care.

LadyRedComet
Jul 17, 2004, 05:17 PM
That's my main problem with lazy people. They don't fucking give a damn if they live in filth and the people they live with are allergic to the filth.

My mom told me of a friend of hers who "went on strike" when her family was treating her like that...but they didn't care/notice, so nothing got done for an entire month, and then she couldn't take it any more and had to clean it all up.

Damn you lazy asses to the deepest pits of whatever type of hell you believe in!

tai_EX
Jul 17, 2004, 08:46 PM
uhmmmm...Im lazy to an extent... Im the one who cooks, while the GF she cleans. i go to work 5 or 6 days outta the week at 10 hr shifts. GF goes to college, come home and eat, kiss me ( or snuggle depends on if its movie night) then does her Homework, goes to bed... both of us are lazy but our apartment, is still very clean! we both like a clean home, but then again we have such stressfull lifestyles we dont want to work! but i dont want go to hell? pleeze!?