PDA

View Full Version : Androids

Shintaro04
Jul 16, 2004, 11:50 PM
I have never played a android before, due to their lack of Resta, and S/D/Z/J,and also i'm 100% offline, but today i have been thinking to creat a android,so i here to ask these who are Experienced android player to give me some tips how to play a android well. And i know they can set and see traps, which is one of the reason why i want to creat one.
1.Please share some of your tips.
2.If so, which android should i creat?

Thank you in advance for anyone replies!

excecutor
Jul 17, 2004, 12:11 AM
If you are offline only, I would recommed RAcast or HUcast, due to their large ATP. This would help to make up for their lack of shifta deband.

I got my HUcast to lvl 133 or so before I got online and he did very well. Make sure to get a chain sawd for a HUcast as that will almost eliminate the need for using mates in most situations.

Also for any droid, mylla and youlla on your mag is a necessity, especially if offline only.

Use traps they are your freinds, especially in ultimate mode as they are set off very fast without having to hit them with a ranged weapon.

Thats all I can think of for now, if you have any more unanswered questions feel free to ask.

Quo
Jul 17, 2004, 12:19 AM
If I were to give you specific advice about a class to play, it would be the exact opposite of executor's http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .

Here are the guides on class information (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=124). Check out their stats and see what you like.

Here is my advice. Play to your taste. Pick a class and run with it. Screw up and start over. You'll learn far more from your own experience than from our conflicting oppinions.

Have a nice day.

IceBurner
Jul 17, 2004, 06:05 PM
I've played all the android classes extensively. It can be a pain to solo the higher difficulties, and at times the lack of support had me running to restock several times in a few rooms.

On the other hand, recently I've begun to notice once your level hits 130-140, your higher than average stats begin to utterly dominate the offline game. I can do all of Ep1 offline, as well as the EP2 VR stages and know that I *WILL* crush everything. Most likely it's a matter of time before CCA & Seabed are a cakewalk too.

Much of my early difficulties were caused by a poor MAG; Plan your MAG's PBs + stats, get the twins PB, and feeding it every 3m35s is a priority. Sitting around to feed your MAG is BORING and trying to while fighting skips feedings. Instead, feed during your daily activities; while watching TV or chatting online, run PSO offline and set a timer. When it beeps, feed your MAG and restart the countdown.

A little breakdown on the android classes, from my own play experience:

::Hucast::
High hit% weapons are your best friends, even if they're not rare. You have a great mix of traps, learn which types to use on which enemy groups. Learn to lay a trap near clustered enemies, step back and set it off with a handgun. Your attack animations often leave you open at the end of a full combo, learn to outmaneuver enemies or use only two hits. Figure out if you prefer the feel of swords or partisans and develop your main offense around crowd control. Leave single-target weapons for cleanup. Favor /battle and /arm units. Your low ATA makes most weapon specials useless, favor raw power. Your strength will eventually overwhelm everything offline, you just need to be able to hit them.

If you ever do get online, your best friend is a good FOnewearl, find one and marry him/her. Learn to watch your radar and use your power pick off enemies that get behind teammates. Don't hesitate to jump in the way and take a big one to the chin for your force; assuming you have a real team they'll give you a great big resta hug each time.

::HUcaseal::
You're basically a ninjabot, so act like one. Strike quickly, then fade away. Your unique attack animations and ATA are your most important advantages, exploit them to the utmost. Twin sabers and daggers are murderously efficient, double swords a bit strange, but potentially lethal. Your broadsword animation is a bit odd, partisans and slicers are easier to use, but you're still better off focusing your strength instead of dividing it. Special attacks are your friends, you have the ATA for them, so try for useful ones such as freeze, devil's or demon's. Your trap loadout includes more damage than utlity traps; even if enemies take 0 damage from them, the split second of knockback is often enough to get out of paw/fin-slap range. You'll take a beating if hit, but your battle animations are definitely the best overall and leave few openings; use your amazing agility to avoid being hit in the first place.

Online, you can play pretty much the same way. Your strength still lies in repeatedly knifing enemies in the back. The enemies are faster, so that little stun effect from damage traps is even nicer.

::Racast::
You're a walking tank, mini Metal Gear. You'll miss more than other RA's, but your ATA & DFP still beat most, plus your Hp and strength will grow to become the highest in the class. The stronger your weapons, the better, but you still have the ATA to use specials. Plus, when enemies get close, draw your sword. RAcasts can melee like a hunter if you wish. If you check stats, RAcast comes fairly close to a HUcaseal with EVP traded for DFP/Hp. However, your melee attacks match the HUcast so take care not to leave yourself open. Use damage & freeze traps to delay enemy advancement toward you while you pick off individuals. I've never had a Spread Needle, but from what I've seen it's like a sprinkler of cheeselike death. Don't forget its paralysis special. RAcasts also have the ATP and ATA to make Mechguns entirely worth it...see if you can get a pair of Red or S-Rank mechs, then enjoy drilling through enemies like a jackhammer. Also note that you get'll more freeze traps than confuse, another excellent reason to pack mechguns. Use handguns and rifles at your discretion.

Online, you pick off foes better than you can harass groups, but don't let that discourage you from popping out a shot/spread when you think it's neccesary. You have the Hp & DFP to survive almost anything, so protect the teammates who don't--they usually have resta ;)

::RAcaseal::
A RAcaseal trades some HP and ATP for higher DFP, EVP, and ATA. Their survivability totally belies their childish appearance. Their combination of attributes and animations make partisans and slicers especially effective melee weapons, but don't let the 3rd highest ATA in the game go to waste: definitely get a nice shot and fire liberally into crowds, especially since you'll have a higher load of confuse traps than freezers. Special attacks are A-OK here. If you have money, charge vulcans cost less per combo ($2,000 per shot for 9 shots, or $18,000) than other charge specials ($30,000 for 3 hits!!!), while dishing out insane punishment. Again, use handguns and rifles at your discretion...worth noting that the specials on these are usually better than shots and mechs.

Online, If you have a particularly evil special attack, milk it. The uber cheapness that is Snow Queen will make the most annoying Ep 2 areas a playland. Otherwise, you're ever so slightly better suited for taking on groups than single targets. You're more than capable of soaking damage for team members, but I find harassing enemies with a shot an even more effective way to keep people from getting hurt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBurner on 2004-07-20 03:16 ]</font>

Cc08
Jul 18, 2004, 12:10 PM
My main character is a HUcast and like you I am 100% Offline. It can be a pain having no Resta/S/D/J/Z, but you will be fine. Like someone said, you need high hit % weapons on a HUcast. A mag will help you out greatly. My mag is 5/135/60/0. Some people will tell you that you need 70 DEX but I prefer 60. You should use traps in tough rooms in ULT. I always carry 10 di/trimates with me. You will be fine, also make sure that your mag has the S/D PB on it.

Butoden
Jul 18, 2004, 12:30 PM
Yep, your MAG is very important, it better be Rare and it better have the right PBs.
And traps are your friend, freeze traps and confuse traps really pwn. Hmm. Sometimes I miss them. I only use magic with my HUnewearl for Resta, J/Z and S/D anyways. Sometimes I throw in a Zonde or Gifoie, but thats basically it.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 18, 2004, 02:30 PM
Listen to all the people who posted above me, they gave good advice.

I have a couple tips though, too, having raised 2 androids to around lvl 100.

First you need a good mag. Make sure it has NO mind, and depending on which you choose, around 140 pow, and 50 to 60 dex. For PBs, the general consensus is m&y, estilla, and pilla are the three to pick. In ultimate mode, you'll hardly be using anything but mylla and youlla unless you can cast s/d yourself. The damage inducing PBs don't do that much damage in Ultimate mode anyways. I would prefer either Rati, Sato, or Nidra for mag type. Rati casts s/d when PB fills up or at bosses, but I usually just use m&y anyways, since it's much better. The other two cast invincibility, which is rather helpful in some situations.

You also might want a good gush weapon like chainsawd if your a hunter, or a gush raygun with hit if your a ranger. These will help with the lack of mates.

I haven't actually tried these out myself, but I hear that Pb/Creates are rather useful to help get mylla and youlla faster. I'm currently searching for some of those myself.

One more thing. If you find yourself having trouble beating bosses because you run out of mates too fast, then you can drop 10 dimates and trimates in the boss arean, and then die on purpose (with your mag unequipped if you care about synchro) and then rinse and repeat until you think you'll have enough healing items to defeat the boss.

Good luck!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Natron
Jul 19, 2004, 04:43 PM
Androids are, in my opinion, the best you can get (except maybe a melee force with good techniques, or a Hunewearl with great techs.) But anyway, I'd say go with a RAcast. They have great ATP, good ATA, and their HP is good too. It seems that one of the best reasons to be an android hasn't been mentioned yet. You don't have to worry about Poison or paralysis! Lilies are something you'll never have to worry about until Ultimate! But, anywho, there's my two cents.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 19, 2004, 05:30 PM
On 2004-07-19 14:43, Natron wrote:
Androids are, in my opinion, the best you can get (except maybe a melee force with good techniques, or a Hunewearl with great techs.) But anyway, I'd say go with a RAcast. They have great ATP, good ATA, and their HP is good too. It seems that one of the best reasons to be an android hasn't been mentioned yet. You don't have to worry about Poison or paralysis! Lilies are something you'll never have to worry about until Ultimate! But, anywho, there's my two cents.

how does a HUnny have "great" techs but the force only has "good"??

and if you want hp steal, i reccomend a partisan for either class with gush. or a chainsawd. although a last survivior will do you well to hp steal until you get the chainsawd( i use mine in ult caves)

and yes, MYLLA AND YOULLA is the key!

Shintaro04
Jul 19, 2004, 11:57 PM
Thank you all!
I was thinking of making a hunter droid, cuz i have a Red Partisan with 45% hit and a chainsawd (no hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) but gonna hunt for one that has hit. I also have lots good hunter's rares, like Demo Comet, Asuka, Red Dagger.....
As for mag, i was planning to raise a Rati with States 5/135/60/0, and with m&y, Pilla and another one i don't care.

Now i have another question, do their HP recovers insanely when they are in high levels, like lv120?
Cuz, i have a HUnewearl, she's now lv134, and her TP recovery recovers insanely.

Corey
Jul 20, 2004, 12:21 AM
My lvl 140 HUcaseal (the cheat character) seems to have a rather reliable rate...200 is when it goes up when ever you stand still-no matter what http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 20, 2004, 10:50 AM
Wait. At level 200 HP goes up even if you're walking or fighting?? Is this true for Newmans and TP also?? Thats cool... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cc08
Jul 20, 2004, 12:00 PM
I looked quickly, I don't think anyone mentioned it, but Androids always see traps (except for the ones that fall from the air... like in Ruins). This is very helpful to me when I solo offline.

Sitka
Jul 20, 2004, 02:48 PM
I liked IceBurner's post.

Regarding droids, my Racast is almost lvl 200 (should be 195 after today). His HP is just a shade under 2200, he's got outstanding stats all around and some awesome weapons for either offline or online play (s-rank shot with zalure, frozen shooter, s-rank mechguns, s-rank rifle, charge vulcans with 50% hit and 45% dark). He gets about 20 each of freeze, confuse and damage traps to work with. He's awesome with an s-rank twin or a stag cutlery for meelee. He's the best character I've enjoyed playing with and I've raised all but Ramar and Fomarl above level 100 on one of the platforms.

I had a Hucast up around 155 and enjoyed him, but I do remember he was very tough to go up against Falz/Flow solo, whereas I've had no such problem with the Racast. With a set of s-red's blades, the ability to S&D each and every room makes that character much more viable. A sato with twins or Rati with S&D is also a huge plus.

I also really enjoyed playing both the Racaseal and the Hucaseal. The Racaseal could use very strong guns and with good traps, could handle herself quite well. The Hucaseal is my absolute favorite character to play c-mode with. Her animations and versatility just make her real fun to play. She won't wipe out a room any time soon, but she truly is the ninja warrior of PSO.

So, in terms of enjoyment for playing, I prefer the androids to the other characters (just me) and in order of preference, I like the Racast, the Hucaseal, the Hucast and the Racaseal in that order.

I agree with the other poster as well. The ability to see traps is such an awesome skill for offline play - I can't tell you the number of fatalities suffered by my non-android characters due to traps and their effects. Of course, once you've played enough to anticipate the traps, it's not that bad, but until then, it's a real pain.

Signed off by an unabashed droid lover.

silenceclaw89
Jul 20, 2004, 07:44 PM
in my opinion i would have to go with hucast because of the high atp and hp i have a hucast he is at lv 113 and he does bout 500-600 charge with god hand+30 but like quo said go with trial and error and yur own personal taste

LoreSeeker
Jul 20, 2004, 07:50 PM
Droids are pretty balanced with everyone else offline, but they become grossly overpowered online (I love my HUcast! w00t w00t more S&D please!). Anyway, my point is, droids will be able to just as well as any other character offline and even better than other online where you can find a force to help you out.

Shintaro04
Jul 21, 2004, 12:51 AM
On 2004-07-20 12:48, Sitka wrote:

I had a Hucast up around 155 and enjoyed him, but I do remember he was very tough to go up against Falz/Flow solo, whereas I've had no such problem with the Racast. With a set of s-red's blades, the ability to S&D each and every room makes that character much more viable. A sato with twins or Rati with S&D is also a huge plus.

1.Does S-Red's blades really helps that much? what's its S&D's level anyway?

2. Is theres a good way to beat Falz with droid hunters? since they dont have techs, and when Falz turn into silverish color it doesnt take any physical damage, would a Dragon's Claw good againts Falz, since it has special of Foie?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shintaro04 on 2004-07-20 22:52 ]</font>

excecutor
Jul 21, 2004, 01:36 AM
1. S-reds blades shifta is low, I would imagine between 3-8. But when considering that it adds a nice little ammount, over 100 somthing atp, its at least nice to have for each room, as it is free to cast.

2. Nice things to use for a droid hunter against falz are handguns and/or mechguns with decent specials, prefereably gush.

*side note for those who may not know*
Gush actually -steals- the hp from the monsters. So when you are using you chain sawd and you deal 300 damage, then steal the 120 from the beast that you just hit while doing normal damage, you actually just did 420.

Knowing this when you hit falz with one of those weapons, you will be doing the damage that you are getting. In essence you are actually stealing his life. Very very nice for droids, getting hp back while dealing damage.

If you dont like that route the second best thing to get would be somthing along the lines of burning, custom ray works well for this when he is in his invincible form.

Hope this helps.

iamfanboy
Jul 21, 2004, 02:23 AM
also, one handy thing to know about Gush is that it can show you just how much HP an enemy has left... very handy for the final form of Falz.

I created a HUcaseal solely to use my S-red Blades. She looks so cool with them... I love it.

By the way, Loreseeker, you up for some more Skyly Tower runs? The run after you left, an MKB dropped.

Quo
Jul 21, 2004, 03:39 AM
On 2004-07-20 23:36, excecutor wrote:
1. S-reds blades shifta is low, I would imagine between 3-8.

I was told that S-reds blades, and mag S/D are level 9.

Mag S/D is not Mylla&Youlla. The formula for that is: total IQ of everyone in a photon chain / 10 + 1. So, in single mode with max IQ, the twins S/D is level 21.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-21 01:41 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 04:12 PM
With a Hucast's power, using a weapon like Mechguns with a charge special is unbelievable on Falz.

You could make a case for fighting Falz, or any boss, with multiple weapons such as the s-red blades for a quick S&D boost, switch to charge vulcans (mine are 50% to hit and 45% to dark - pretty damn good), running a little low on HP, switch to s-rank mechguns with a Gush special (Ghetto Guld Milla's), and then rip Falz a new one with a demolition comet or MKB when he gets up close and personal, too far away to get to with your mechs, blast him with a red handgun.

I know Asia Skyly frequently solos both Towers with his Hucast (130-140ish) and that he uses multiple weapons to make a fairly difficult challenge doable.

One could definitely make a strong case for a Hucast being an awesome solo fighter ("That droid was built for battle").

Makes me want to start using my Hucast again.

Shintaro04
Jul 22, 2004, 12:07 AM
On 2004-07-20 23:36, excecutor wrote:

*side note for those who may not know*
Gush actually -steals- the hp from the monsters. So when you are using you chain sawd and you deal 300 damage, then steal the 120 from the beast that you just hit while doing normal damage, you actually just did 420.

Knowing this when you hit falz with one of those weapons, you will be doing the damage that you are getting. In essence you are actually stealing his life. Very very nice for droids, getting hp back while dealing damage.

If you dont like that route the second best thing to get would be somthing along the lines of burning, custom ray works well for this when he is in his invincible form.

Hope this helps.

Oh, Cooooool, i will definitly gonna find a Chainsawd with hit %.
And is Dragon's Claw a perferable weapon to have? since its special is Foie. (does anyone know what lv is its Foie by any chance?)