PDA

View Full Version : which classes?

littlejohn
Jul 17, 2004, 01:45 AM
Me and four friedns are going to try to beat challenge mode at an S-rank time and i would like to know what four classes we should have.

Mixfortune
Jul 17, 2004, 02:35 AM
This is for offline?

Recommendations would probably go for a FOnewearl, a HUcaseal, a HUcast, and something else (preferrably another HUcaseal or HUcast). Having one force is highly recommended, and more than that is not really necessary. FOnewearl is the best for the most part, since they have a boost to basic techs as well as a resta range, covering the techniques you would be using a good 97% of the time.

HUcaseals are very good a CMode. They can use the extra guns any rangers don't need fairly easy, and have fantastic weapon attack animations, especially for dagger type weapons. They can set traps, a big plus in many situations. HUcaseal ATA is quite good with hunter weapons as well, so you won't have to worry as much about failure to stun mid-combo.

HUcasts generally get the stronger saber type weapons, so if that's your thing, you may want to include one.

HUnewearls, HUmars, RAmarls, etc., are not as useful in CMode, since their spread out stats makes it difficult for them to have a set job that they can excel at, especially at the lower levels set up by CMode.

Offline CModers may want an android ranger on their team as well, since damage cancel is not seen offline, and rangers can help stun enemies in order to allow hunters to take them out.

Recommended teams:
2 HUcaseal, 1 RAcast/caseal, 1 FOnewearl
2 HUcaseal, 1 HUcast, 1 FOnewearl
3 HUcaseal, 1 FOnewearl

However, if you just want to clear the stages with a decent time just to get an S-Rank, you could play with what you feel comfortable with and still do just fine. For example, you won't automatically do better with a team of 3 HUcaseals and 1 FOnewearl than you would classes you are used to playing.

Experiment. Play the first stage with different team combinations and see what works best for you. There is no set best team character wise, it's all determined by the players in the team themselves.

Good luck! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

littlejohn
Jul 19, 2004, 07:50 PM
thanx, and also according to the sticky i have to play online to get s-rankes. Is this true and if so then what is the point of offline multiplayer c-mode?

Ketchup345
Jul 19, 2004, 07:55 PM
Yes, the "good" S-Ranks are online only.

Offline C-Mode is for getting the "Toy" weapons. Weapons that don't have much use.

rena-ko
Jul 20, 2004, 09:34 AM
but are very good trading objects online.

everyone wants a crazy tune

good luck

Sitka
Jul 20, 2004, 03:04 PM
Besides the "toy" weapons, which can actually be fun to use - think about bopping rappies on the head with a toy hammer - one great thing about offline c-mode is the ability to learn how to play c-mode.

The more c-mode you play, the better you get at calculating what you can and can't do and it's probably better to ruin a few runs with buddies offline then ruin a few runs with strangers online - if you know what I mean.

Plus, picture four guys (or girls), a keg of beer, some steaks with all the fixins and loving significant-others willing to barbecue while you all cuss each other out while blasting through nine stages to get your s-rank toy weapon. Sounds like a fun afternoon to me.

digigram
Jul 20, 2004, 04:30 PM
too serious.. the wifes would be in the backyard saying ."why did we marry these fools".

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 03:41 PM
Hell digigram - they do that already - what's the difference?

Remember, football season is right around the corner:

pregame, game, postgame, pregame, game, postgame, pregame, game postgame, wrapup, highlights, pre-monday night football game - and that's Sunday. Saturday was lost to college games.

Damn good reason to not plant grass in your yard.

littlejohn
Jul 21, 2004, 08:00 PM
Another question is that if i get a S-rank toy weapon off line will i still be able to get my one s-rank weapon online?

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 08:39 PM
Yes - you can get both your offline and your online s-rank per character.

Hrigg
Jul 22, 2004, 05:09 PM
Okay, nobody answered my other one, so.....does anyone have any recommendations for offline c-mode classes? Thanks much.

Sitka
Jul 22, 2004, 07:52 PM
Hrigg,

You might try three Hucasts and a force (Fomarl, Fonewearl) for your offline game. Hucasts are probably the easiest to play - they're frickin killing machines.

Hucaseals are real fun to play as well.

If you're going to use a ranger, first choice would be Racast followed by Racaseal.

Notice all the recommendations outside of force = androids.

Traps are your friend.