PDA

View Full Version : Cheating

shades101
Jul 17, 2004, 08:30 AM
I don't cheat, every item I own is llegit. Personally, I don't see the point in cheating, it doesn't help me enjoy a game, especially not an RPG, but just because I don't like to cheat on games doesn't mean that people who don't want to spend time levelling up or searching for rares should have to abide by my rules, as long as they don't interfere with others who don't want to cheat, I have no problem with them. But I can't stand people who set out to ruin others enjoyment by NOLing or PKing them or some other way of ruining a game, as it ruins it for everyone cheats or no cheats. Anyway thats enough ranting from me.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 17, 2004, 08:53 AM
have you noticed the rants forum at all?

KnightOfLodis
May 5, 2005, 06:50 PM
cheating... Honestly, the decicion to cheat or not is that individuals problem. Everybody has thier own way of playing games, right? Personally I think cheating removes something important from the gaming experience that just can't be recovered. However, if someone wants to cheat then I'm not going to look down on them, I just hope that it doesn't wreck my experience with the game. They are, however, violating thier software agreement, but hey, it's thier own free will. Simple as that.

TrekkiesUnite
May 5, 2005, 09:38 PM
well they're cheating should not be destroying our hard work and effort just becuase they are to lazy to do it themselves, I could care less if people cheat as long as they leave those of us who don't alone.

Simply-Jay
May 6, 2005, 07:54 AM
On 2005-05-05 19:38, TrekkiesUnite wrote:
well they're cheating should not be destroying our hard work and effort just becuase they are to lazy to do it themselves, I could care less if people cheat as long as they leave those of us who don't alone.

Hold on, stop there. First of all, why does cheating make you lazy? IF cheating made you lazy, wouldn't the case be the same for legits who transfer items over from their old characters, when they should find/create the items on that character instead of giving them an early edge? I'm not a hacker, and I don't really like to label myself a "cheater", I call myself "Non-legit." Why non legit?

1.) I don't dupe to give away, or stack.
2.) I do not max my characters. (I may have raised my
force's MST to about 1300+ at only level 20, but made
it for battle.
3.) I DO NOT run around with a crazy-strong weapon
killing everything in sight before anyone else can
hit.
4.) I do not make/hack the weapons I recieve illegitly. HELL, I don't even grind them sometimes.
5.) Some of the weapons have 100% percentage on three things, but not any higher.
6.) And I know, not ALL of my items are legit.
7.) When I dupe, it's for backup/security.

So don't go around labeling everybody cold-hearted cheaters. I may be one myself to some extent, but
I hate being alienated because of it. It's understandable if someone DOES do some of the things I don't (Maxing fully, killing everything including bosses, dropping free rares, etc.) But i'll be damned
if I'm put in the same catagory as a malicious hacker. No offense to some of my friends who are hackers, but I'm not one myself. Just came to make that clear.

EDIT: Don't think I haven't worked for what I've got. Maybe I didn't hunt for days for an item (Which I respect those who do.), but I believe it's work gathering a basis of items. I have to have something IN ORDER TO DUPE IT. How did I get the item? First, I work hard to get a rare, then I trade it to someone who really wants it, hopefully getting something good. Then I trade it off, until my collection grows. Don't put me in the same catagory as the cold hearted bastards you think cheaters are supposed to be. Cheaters arent all that bad. I was kept on PSO because of cheaters. When the legits were off working hard, It was the cheaters who helped me level and taught me what I know today. And I dont go complaining everytime I hear one of the few snobby legits bitch at me for coming into a game with something ultra-rare at level 68. Cut us some slack. Don't get angry at us until we personally piss you off.(Thats like getting mad at for and Mid-Asians for Al Quaida bombing the Twin Towers. You see one person do bad, you suspect everybody else.)

RuneLateralus
May 6, 2005, 08:10 AM
Thank you for creating a brand new topic when there on of them down below just for your own opinion. Stick to that one please.