PDA

View Full Version : What would you have done...?

Link00seven
Jul 17, 2004, 09:36 AM
Hey,

So you know, I'm the Class President for my class, and we were supposed to have a car wash today.

Anyway, I got up this morning, and I looked both outside and at a weather report, and it was all rain and scattered T-Storms.

So, I decided to cancel the car wash, because I didnt figure anyone would get a car wash on a day that it was supposed to rain and t-storm all day.

However, I'm getting mixed opinions. Some think I should've done it, others agree that it was a bad idea. I'm stuck in the middle, should I have had it anyway and risked a rain out? Or was I right in cancelling it and setting it for another day?

doubletake123
Jul 17, 2004, 10:08 AM
i think you did the right move don't worry about what other people are tellin you.

Nazo
Jul 17, 2004, 10:24 AM
Just hope that the car(s) is/are not in a garage... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

No but seriously, a storm is bad enough to ward off ratis. *looks at Ian's ratis* >_>... Don't worry about it. It should be excused, and at worst some old crank is going to get angry.

Auronius
Jul 17, 2004, 10:25 AM
You can't make everybody happy. I mean, nobody gets a car wash when it's raining.

ABDUR101
Jul 17, 2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, don't worry about it.

You're the class President, not everyone else. While it's fine to take everyone else's opinion into account, in the end, you're the one that makes the decision.

Now, you have to look at the people making some of the comments. Did they just want something to do today, do they even care about the true outcome of the carwash?

Not the end of the world, even if it doesn't rain today, better to have waited for a good day than have gotten everyone out there all day and nobody stopped to get their car washed, right?

Link00seven
Jul 17, 2004, 01:16 PM
On 2004-07-17 09:52, ABDUR101 wrote:
Yeah, don't worry about it.

You're the class President, not everyone else. While it's fine to take everyone else's opinion into account, in the end, you're the one that makes the decision.

Now, you have to look at the people making some of the comments. Did they just want something to do today, do they even care about the true outcome of the carwash?

Not the end of the world, even if it doesn't rain today, better to have waited for a good day than have gotten everyone out there all day and nobody stopped to get their car washed, right?

Exactly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Guile
Jul 17, 2004, 04:10 PM
Nobody would get a car wash when it was raining so it's a good idea to cancel it. Hell you can always have it another day.

BOC
Jul 18, 2004, 07:44 PM
sure its the rule of thumb, when you get your car washed or intend to go get it washed, it will start raining like a mofo.

that or hanging out the washing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

wouldn't worry about it dude, you did the right thing. There are people who will disagree with you just to disagree.

and some people probably don't like the idea of doing it another day.

just keep cool!

PEACE!!!

RuneLateralus
Jul 18, 2004, 10:02 PM
Oh you should have definitely done it. I mean, what can lighting do to a person while working with water?

Oh wait.

Sef
Jul 18, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-07-17 08:08, doubletake123 wrote:
i think you did the right move don't worry about what other people are tellin you.

Does anyone else think there's something wrong with this? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Well, I think it'd be better to schedule it for a day when you've checked around and looked outside and have seen that it will be a fine day...

But uh, did it rain?

navci
Jul 18, 2004, 11:11 PM
While I think washing cars in the rain is gonna be so much fun.

T-Storm is bad.
So... did it actually rain?

Para
Jul 18, 2004, 11:42 PM
Hey! Could you pass me that brush thats attached to a metal rod?
*ZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP*
Safety first man.

You made the right decision in the interests of the safety of your customers and your classmates.

Sharkyland
Jul 19, 2004, 12:01 AM
I would have to agree with Nites on this one.

Nazo
Jul 19, 2004, 04:02 AM
On 2004-07-18 21:42, Nites wrote:
Hey! Could you pass me that brush thats attached to a metal rod?
*ZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP*
Safety first man.

You made the right decision in the interests of the safety of your customers and your classmates.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Yeah, exactly. Put it that way:

Grumpy man: "Where were you to clean my car?!"

Youz: "Sir, I would like to inquire of your priorities as a MAN. To have MANDOM, is to put the safety of INNOCENT CHILDREN.

Smack that in his mouth. XP

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2004, 09:02 AM
Think, Link. If you would go out and wash the car in the middle of the rain, what good would it do if you kept scrubbing the car and the sky kept throwing dirt/other stuff at it?

opaopajr
Jul 19, 2004, 08:04 PM
you did the right thing. not only would it have been unpopular, but with scattered T-storms, someone could've been hurt. let the whiners whine, you did the responsible thing.