PDA

View Full Version : Guild card searching

Gjl
Jul 17, 2004, 10:40 AM
Is it me or is the guild card search feature broken? I tried searching a guy and I recieved no results, although he was online. I only got a result when I moved to the same block/ship as him. It's also a pain in the arse to search several pages worth of cards. Didn't Sonic Team ever think about having an auto search feature or some kind of list telling you whoever is online? Yet another show of incompetence from Sonic Team.

BOmar
Jul 17, 2004, 10:59 AM
It does appear to be going dodgy at the moment for some people.

My friend and I had problems when looking for a 32P tourney the other day on ep3 due to them not being where search said they were http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sef
Jul 17, 2004, 11:19 AM
I haven't hadn't a problem lately...Maybe he was on a different mem card?

Superguppie
Jul 17, 2004, 01:06 PM
I haven't tried it at Ep3, but at Ep1&2, Choice Search (That's the search directly in the chat menu) only searches the lobbies of the ship you're on. Anyone in a team is also not found. Oh, and you can only find people that have the Choice Search seting turned on. Searching using a guild card hasn't given me any problems.
On the guild cards list, I think you can sort it, although I haven't tried it...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-17 11:08 ]</font>

Link00seven
Jul 17, 2004, 01:29 PM
I was on the JP Ep3 and it said a tourny is Vega started at 00:19 JST yet it was 0:23 JST currently...

Is that a bug or is there a bug in the tourny list when ur on US ships w/ JP game?

About a guild card bug, havent seen any, but I just got back on today after not playin for a long time.

hotdogs_r_us
Jul 17, 2004, 02:44 PM
Im PSO XBOX UK , and yes had some probs my mates been on made game i saw him in the game! but searched for him and no Results!

ST LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Blitzkommando
Jul 17, 2004, 06:19 PM
On 2004-07-17 11:29, Link00seven wrote:
I was on the JP Ep3 and it said a tourny is Vega started at 00:19 JST yet it was 0:23 JST currently...

Is that a bug or is there a bug in the tourny list when ur on US ships w/ JP game?

About a guild card bug, havent seen any, but I just got back on today after not playin for a long time.

Ah, yeah... JP ships tend to have a weird thing of randomly changing time 30 minutes either ahead or behind real time. US ships tend to do the same, just a much lower ammount 5-10 minutes. And EU ships, well, no real difference. Apparently the servers themselves lag and the clocks don't reset properly all the time... Quite annoying for Episode III or for meeting a person at a set beat...

jnblz316
Jul 19, 2004, 04:23 AM
going off subject here:
BOmar that sig is bad ass man.

and going on subject:
i play on xbox and i have no problems looking for friends. it could be that they are playing another game that why. but if its gc then i have no idea.

Gjl
Jul 19, 2004, 05:02 AM
Arg if I have to search through my list manually and waste time doing so, I'd expect it at least to work! Do you really need to have choice search set to on to be able to be searched by people who have your card? Well that would explain a lot of things I suppose (also seems stupid to me...), like why I can never find anyone online half the time. I don't think searching is limited to your ship (otherwise that would make the feature even more useless) since I've found people on other ships. I've also found people inside teams so it works for that too, when the fucking search is actually working that is.

BTW: BOMar - Great sig, it makes me want to make a HUcast. How is he on fire though? Flame Garment? Or is that the Asuka special?

Superguppie
Jul 19, 2004, 05:34 AM
There are 2 ways to search.
One is by choosing search when a GCard is selected in your list. This should ALWAYS work.
The other is by using search directly from the Chat menu. To find someone with this you don't need his/her GCard, but he/she has to be on the same ship, in a lobby, and have Choice Search turned On

Gjl
Jul 19, 2004, 06:25 AM
On 2004-07-19 03:34, Superguppie wrote:
There are 2 ways to search.
One is by choosing search when a GCard is selected in your list. This should ALWAYS work.
The other is by using search directly from the Chat menu. To find someone with this you don't need his/her GCard, but he/she has to be on the same ship, in a lobby, and have Choice Search turned On

Oh, right I didn't mean the Choice Search feature; I meant the GC search feature. You say it should always work, but clearly this isn't the case http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif.

Superguppie
Jul 19, 2004, 07:31 AM
On 2004-07-19 04:25, Gjl wrote:
You say it should always work, but clearly this isn't the case http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif.

I never noticed any problems with it, except when they had 2 people playing on the same account.

Mr_Crow
Jul 20, 2004, 10:57 AM
you have can only find players that allow themselves to be found.
its on the guild card menu, you have to make it so you CAN be found.
thats why you can never find anyone because they dont know.
i do believe im right but if im not
oh well

Superguppie
Jul 21, 2004, 03:45 AM
That's the choice search setting I was talking about. It only applies to the choice search you can do from the chat menu. A search on a guild card from your list is NOT affected. I am certain of this, as most of my friends have the choice search setting off, and I have no trouble finding them anywhere...