PDA

View Full Version : Whos intrested in the Nintendo DS?

nintendofan50
Jul 17, 2004, 01:14 PM
Are you intrested in Nintendos new ortable system?

Link00seven
Jul 17, 2004, 01:17 PM
*raises hand*

Yes, I am. The DS looks really good and i'm looking forward to its release.

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2004, 01:28 PM
Agreed.

But theres a game thingy that passes around stuff via Wi-Fi(sp?)
Has a stylus and everything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, and mario 64x whatever is another remake. But I don't understand why they need yoshi, wario and luigi when mario beat the game himself on the n64 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DruidMettool
Jul 17, 2004, 01:28 PM
DS looks awesome. Of course, it's going to have the 50-million adaptors that Nintendo is famous for. So yeah, DS will be great, but it'll empty my pockets.

Tact
Jul 17, 2004, 01:34 PM
*also raises hand* Me! Me! I am! The handheld stuff will be cool! And, this is something wierd...in a few pics of the DS, I saw the player playing Animal Crossing. Do you think it uses Gamecube CD's? And, sorry for digressing a tiny bit, but welcome to PSOW, nintendofan!

Firocket1690
Jul 17, 2004, 01:36 PM
On 2004-07-17 11:28, DruidMettool wrote:
Of course, it's going to have the 50-million adaptors that Nintendo is famous for.

Most of which will be useless. See: Modem

Meh

If I recall, on "03's E3

Nintendo promised more GC~GBA connectivity.
The only game out (from nintendo) as of now is Four Swords.

Miyamoto also promised "the next Zelda" will not be realistic. here's (http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/b080225c-960e-4a52-a2c6-d7db10bdaef0.mov) the trailer.

He also said "if I don't present soemthing of the next mario (supposedly "Mario 128") at the next E3, I will feel like I havn't copleted my duties."
04 E3 came and went, without a mention of the sort.

Nintendo's losing it.

.. either that or EGM is lying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

RFB
Jul 17, 2004, 02:02 PM
Firocket, the new Zelda is realistic because fans wanted a realistic Zelda. Miyamoto did not want to do it, he said the GC had not the necessary potential for the Zelda HE wants to create. But fan's power made him start a new Zelda. And Mario 128, it has been known that so far Nintendo has no intention to say anything about it, since they dont know whether to release it for the GC, or wait for the next generation, update the proyect, and launch it with the N5.

Tact, it does not use Discs. It uses cartridges, but of higher capacity than those of the GBA. The maximum size of a GBA cartridge, if I remember right, was mentioned to be 128 MB. That's the minimun space a DS cartridge can have. There are already cartridges of 1 GB, and the company that creates them (I think it's Panasonic) has plans to make much bigger cartridges.

And yes, I am highly interested. DS looks really cool.

Tact
Jul 17, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-07-17 12:02, RFB wrote:
Tact, it does not use Discs. It uses cartridges, but of higher capacity than those of the GBA. The maximum size of a GBA cartridge, if I remember right, was mentioned to be 128 MB. That's the minimun space a DS cartridge can have. There are already cartridges of 1 GB, and the company that creates them (I think it's Panasonic) has plans to make much bigger cartridges.

Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't know about rhe cartridges, so when I saw Animal Crossing, I thought it used discs as well as the Gamecube.

RFB
Jul 17, 2004, 03:58 PM
One detail about Animal Crossing: once it is at the start screen, you can remove the disk, and as long as you dont turn off your GC or hit the reset button, the console NEVER tells you anything, and you can play fully. The total memory of the GC is 40MB. Now guess what is the size of Animal Crossing.

Tact
Jul 17, 2004, 05:00 PM
No offense, RFB, but I already know that, because I've played that game before. The disk doesn't matter, but the memory card, on the other hand...

Jason
Jul 17, 2004, 10:45 PM
On 2004-07-17 11:34, tactician7777 wrote:
*also raises hand* Me! Me! I am! The handheld stuff will be cool! And, this is something wierd...in a few pics of the DS, I saw the player playing Animal Crossing. Do you think it uses Gamecube CD's? And, sorry for digressing a tiny bit, but welcome to PSOW, nintendofan!

The power of Nintendo DS exceed the power of the Nintendo 64. And Animal Crossing was on the Nintendo 64.

Skett
Jul 17, 2004, 11:23 PM
I am very interested in DS. Hech, I know practicly everything about it right now, including games announced. I am that interested. Man, good thing DS will be released before the holidays because I don't have the money to buy both DS and PSP.

DeathCheese87
Jul 17, 2004, 11:53 PM
Gimme dat Warioware.

Para
Jul 18, 2004, 12:40 AM
gamespy said this was a rumour but there might be
Phantasy Star Online DS >_> <_< O_O

Nazo
Jul 18, 2004, 07:46 AM
On 2004-07-17 11:36, Firocket1690 wrote:
Miyamoto also promised "the next Zelda" will not be realistic. here's (http://media.nintendo.com/mediaFiles/b080225c-960e-4a52-a2c6-d7db10bdaef0.mov) the trailer.

Excuse me?! Whoa... has my vision been impaired?! NOT realistic?! OK, sure- that's no drama equal to the Lord of the Rings, but.. its pretty good u know.

RFB
Jul 18, 2004, 07:50 AM
Only good? The IGN guys got to see a 2min 30secs video of that same Zelda game. It is a video stored in a few DVDs that only a few chosen ones posses. And they say that they had to see it like a hundred times, because it was just too beautiful, too perfect to bear. That game is probably going to be the best GC game ever.

kevlar_pso
Jul 18, 2004, 06:23 PM
Nintendo owns me.

DruidMettool
Jul 18, 2004, 06:30 PM
Deep down, we all want to hate Nintendo for their short-sighted buisness practices. But we can't because they make such good video games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

I HA- LOV- HAT-...LOVE YOU NINTENDO

RFB
Jul 18, 2004, 07:01 PM
On 2004-07-18 16:30, DruidMettool wrote:

I HA- LOV- HAT-...LOVE YOU NINTENDO

I think most of us share those feelings.