PDA

View Full Version : EP3: Card Referendum: Part II

Nisshoku
Jul 17, 2004, 03:14 PM
Well if anyone remembers far back enough, ST much asked the players themselves which cards needed to be changed back in early Febuary. After about a week or two, people sent in their suggestions on which cards could be changed for the better, as well as to power down some of the more powerful cards.

Well, ST's up to it again. From my lackluster translation abilities, it seems that until July 22nd, you can send an e-mail to submit your choices. More info on how to submit is at this link:

http://www.sonicteam.com/pso3/frcardrevo.html

And for those here wanting to send suggestions, please check this old topic for information. And for the love of god, don't post in said thread, but rather this one. Thank you.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=75290&forum=18&4

Anyways, here's to hoping that some interesting changes will be on the horizon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Nisshoku- on 2004-07-17 14:55 ]</font>

phoenixphire
Jul 17, 2004, 04:13 PM
Ummm... that page is in Japanese, so I (and probobly many other members) can't read it. Could you please explain (in English) how to submit change suggestions?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phoenixphire on 2004-07-17 14:14 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 18, 2004, 04:44 AM
Pretty easy, click either the left button to vote for 5 cards to raise, or the left button for 5 cards to lower.

You may only cast a vote once, so, you can't vote for 5 to raise AND 5 to lower.

The names of the cards MUST be in Japanese (Well, the instructions say to make 100% sure the correct card name is entered, and given that the page is in Japanese only, it follows that the cards must be in Japanese.)

YujiNaka
Jul 18, 2004, 08:48 AM
Hope I translated it correctly:

Strenght up:
1 Orland
2 Morfos
3 Dark Gunner
4 Viviana
5 Passions

Strenght down:
1 Justy23ST
2 Pouilly Slime
3 Genbu Shield
4 Power Maser
5 Akiko's Frying Pan/Wok(?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YujiNaka on 2004-07-18 06:50 ]</font>

Nisshoku
Jul 18, 2004, 10:29 AM
Well don't get me completely wrong here, but I think the list on that page were some of ST's chosen changes to those cards in the last referendum in Febuary.

At the very least, those cards were what ST had put up in the last referendum, as I did a little delving in past news posts here...

I could be wrong, but I think ST's now giving us the choice of which cards to strengthen or weaken. Then again, I was only able to determine these things by using Babelfish...

phoenixphire
Jul 18, 2004, 10:47 AM
The problem is some cards could be both strengthened AND weakend. Take Power Maser and Akiko's Wok for example. They got more cost but more HP. They're a little uneven between strength and weakness, but my idea for Pofuilly Slime (Cost>5 HP>10 AP>4 TP>4) is a bit more subtle.

P.S. Is there any way to type Japanese characters with a traditional keyboard, or would it work to use Japanese words made with the same characters that are used in English (forgot what it's called)?

Arislan
Jul 18, 2004, 07:01 PM
Those were the strengthened and weakened cards from the last card revolution, nothing to do with this one.

And yes, you can type in JP characters. Go check the PSOBB Support thread in Ep 1 and 2 General for how to install the IME.

Mixfortune
Jul 18, 2004, 07:23 PM
So, the email subject should be jyakutai kibou?
Hiragana, katakana, or kanji?

Arislan
Jul 18, 2004, 07:27 PM
hiragana or kanji, either works. Kanji will make you seem more adult, but getting the kanji wrong also makes you look stupid, so hiragana may be easier.

Mixfortune
Jul 18, 2004, 07:30 PM
Ah, yes. Thank you. I'm surprised I even asked that question, since it was more of a question between hiragana and katakana, but I blanked and seemed to have forgotten that "jyakutai kibou" doesn't seem like something that would be in katakana http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Thanks again.

YujiNaka
Jul 19, 2004, 12:22 AM
True, true...

Malkavian
Jul 19, 2004, 01:10 PM
Ugh, today everyime I post it is doubled or even 5 times.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-07-19 12:04 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jul 19, 2004, 01:12 PM
Im not sure what should be changed. I don't think there are major changes to be done.
All I can say is the fact that Arkz have won and dominated all the official CUPs played.
And last referendum was about weakening Hero stuff and strenghten Arkz stuff. And in the end I think they unbalanced more the game.
For example take justy. Now is one of the worse cards with inherit ability. Other cards with it are good considering their stats/cost.

So I basically think this time, 5 items should be slightly strengthened. And 5 enemies should be subtlely lowered.

Capricornus
Jul 21, 2004, 03:49 AM
It would be nice if they could reintroduce the banned-discarded cards (with balanced stats) again along with this revolution.
PSO without the charismatic Delsaber or Hildetorr still feels strange.

Voting for 5 cards to be strengtened or weakened is good, but still rather limited (you cant tell in what way you want a card weakened or strengtened, but then again, it would give me a hard time writing that down using Kanji http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Jazhara
Jul 21, 2004, 04:52 AM
I'd be happy if they just made all the AP boost cards cards 3 points to play, same as the Hero versions. I see no reason why the Arkz (Forest Rain etc) and global AP boosters (March of the Meek, Giant Garden) should only be 2 points.

Arkz having cheaper AP boosters is the biggest imbalance in the game IMO, 2 points for all ally AP+2 makes it too easy to play several of them and act in the same turn during team play.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2004-07-21 14:25 ]</font>

Malkavian
Jul 21, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-07-21 02:52, Jazhara wrote:
I'd be happy if they just made the all AP boost cards cards 3 points to play, same as the Hero versions. I see no reason why the Arkz (Forest Rain etc) and global AP boosters (March of the Meek, Giant Garden) should only be 2 points.

Arkz having cheaper AP boosters is the biggest imbalance in the game IMO, 2 points for all ally AP+2 makes it too easy to play several of them and act in the same turn during team play.

That's a good idea.
Also Arkz benefit more from those type of cards. In Arkz use many creatures is safer and better than using many items on Hero. See an arkz using 5 creatures is quite common. Not for a hero. Because rampage attacks are common.

Capricornus
Jul 22, 2004, 04:03 AM
On 2004-07-21 09:32, Malkavian wrote:

That's a good idea.
Also Arkz benefit more from those type of cards. In Arkz use many creatures is safer and better than using many items on Hero. See an arkz using 5 creatures is quite common. Not for a hero. Because rampage attacks are common.

Yep yep, true true Malk.

Also add the fact that the Heros do lose a HP for every item of theirs being destroyed (unless you have Guykild), thus equipping many items is rarely adviced

Getintothegame
Jul 22, 2004, 01:29 PM
It ends today? Well, I hope they get the cards more balanced again.

phoenixphire
Jul 26, 2004, 10:09 PM
They might do something stupid again...

Arislan
Jul 27, 2004, 12:52 AM
And the finalists are:

Strengthen
Brionac
Del-D
El Rappy
Endu
Sato

Weaken
Gilchich
Prophets of Motav
Ohgun
Harisen
Mine Brightness

Jazhara
Jul 27, 2004, 03:53 AM
On 2004-07-26 22:52, Arislan wrote:
And the finalists are:

Strengthen
Brionac
Del-D
El Rappy
Endu
Sato

Weaken
Gilchich
Prophets of Motav
Ohgun
Harisen
Mine Brightness

Well, as posted above I hope they increase the cost of all AP boosters, not just Brightness.

Very suprised and disappointed not to see Recons in the 'Weaken' list.

On a personal note, I hope they don't fukk with my lil' Harisen too much, but I can see why they're doing it... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

phoenixphire
Jul 27, 2004, 08:05 AM
On 2004-07-26 22:52, Arislan wrote:
And the finalists are:

Strengthen
Brionac
Del-D
El Rappy
Endu
Sato

Weaken
Gilchich
Prophets of Motav
Ohgun
Harisen
Mine Brightness

I like those, except for Prophets of Motav. Sure, it's a little too strong, but there are still other cards that need it more. I sure hope they don't do something big to it.

Zebulan7
Jul 27, 2004, 08:32 AM
What was wrong with Ohgun? He seemed perfectly balanced for his skills etc.

Also, one reason all the assist AP boosters for Arkz are probably two cost is probably because its harder to use that boost (technically speaking). You have to move your creatures to attack first, which costs, then you have to atk. This is different from moving yourself and atking with many different items. I still think it is a bit unfair that the Arkz are cheaper, but I can understand their original thought process. I'm glad Brightness is being weakened though.

Malkavian
Jul 27, 2004, 09:15 AM
It hasn't ended. This is an announce of which cards have more votes so far.
It ends the 30th.
Also in a lower note they add some some cards more.
For strengthening, So Dimenian (I have never seen it in play) and Frozen Shooter.
For weakening, HP Attack, Savitri and Stamina.

I agree with Savitri. I know is hard to compare a shield and a mag but for 1 cost more Savitri is way better than God Shield genbu.
If Ohgun finally gets in weakening list I guess they will lower a bit his HP.

Heh, it seems like the overused Mine Deck is really hated. At the end of page it says that Gillchich, Ohgun and Mine Brightness... well im not sure what it means. The point is that they noticed it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Malkavian on 2004-07-27 07:37 ]</font>

Zebulan7
Jul 27, 2004, 05:33 PM
I can see them possibly adding some cost to HP atk, and thats okay. It really depends on such things.

yes, mech deck takes a hit hopfully.

agenevil
Jul 27, 2004, 06:16 PM
Well, there goes my A rank strategy for reiz ...

Truthfully, I think sato needs less cost, not more ap.... if that is the case, with harisens change my guykild deck will still work well. Also they should have maybe made recon have cross slay range, not round slay. Cause if they add to the cost PLOOP your recobox is shit.

Jack
Jul 27, 2004, 07:39 PM
I'm surprised that only Mine Brightness is on that list. I'd expect all Creature AP Boosters would be modified if they did balance them.

phoenixphire
Jul 27, 2004, 08:06 PM
The thing is that if they did that, they'd only have one other card to weaken. That doesn't seem right.

Just for the heck of it, I'm gonna guess what they'll do to these cards.

Brionac HP > 4
Del-D AP > 2 (Roll +1, ultimately)
El Rappy MV > 2, HP > 4
Endu HP > +3
Sato AP > 2

Weaken
Gilchich AP > 2
Prophets of Motav HP > 15, AP > 4 (I disagree with the AP one, but I bet they'll do it)
Ohgun HP > +0, AP > 1 (Not much they can do to him. His stats suck bad, and that's all they can do)
Harisen Cost > 2, HP > 5 (No other possibility. It has the worst stats possible, and if they don't change the HP, it would be vastly inferior to Sonic Knuckles.)
Mine Brightness Cost > 3 (duh)

Malkavian
Jul 28, 2004, 07:01 AM
It wouldn't be bad to make harisen fan inferior to sonic knuckle. One is E rank which you can put only 1 in deck and the other you can put 3.

Jazhara
Jul 28, 2004, 11:08 AM
On 2004-07-27 16:16, agenevil wrote:
Cause if they add to the cost PLOOP your recobox is shit.

99.9999% of Recoboxes are duped / modded anyway, so that's no great loss.

Zebulan7
Jul 28, 2004, 11:35 AM
For Del-D I figured they would take away the Dice -1 for his ap, and not add a +1 to his rolls. Just a thought.

phoenixphire
Jul 28, 2004, 03:54 PM
I meant make his AP 1 plus the dice roll.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: phoenixphire on 2004-07-28 13:57 ]</font>

agenevil
Jul 28, 2004, 08:27 PM
On 2004-07-28 09:08, Jazhara wrote:

On 2004-07-27 16:16, agenevil wrote:
Cause if they add to the cost PLOOP your recobox is shit.

99.9999% of Recoboxes are duped / modded anyway, so that's no great loss.

Well holy crap! How rare can a N3 be!? Or is that just a PSOW glitch, like some cards say Nx instead of Rx in the database.

Eitherway, I would accept a duped one... I mean, its not like it is harmful like was in episode 1 and 2.

But how rare exactly is it.....

phoenixphire
Jul 28, 2004, 10:30 PM
There are several N4's and N3's (Merillia, First Attack, Ancient Saber, Recobox, Gather, and Skip Set) that can only be found in Story Mode, and are very rare. The difference between these cards, and cards of similar rarity within other rarities (Megid, Immortality, etc.) is that no cards can transform into N4's or N3's. That's where most rare tradable cards come from. Since these uber-N's (as they are often known as) can't be the result of transformations, they are that much rarer, thus, very few people have them.

Jazhara
Jul 29, 2004, 09:16 AM
On 2004-07-28 20:30, phoenixphire wrote:
There are several N4's and N3's (Merillia, First Attack, Ancient Saber, Recobox, Gather, and Skip Set) that can only be found in Story Mode, and are very rare.

Also Guilty Light... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

PSOW has "Fast Attack" listed, the Prima Guide lists "First Attack". Anyone know for sure which it is?

phoenixphire
Jul 29, 2004, 12:03 PM
It's First Attack. When it's compressed, it's 1stAttack, or something like that. I know this because I have 2 of them. 2, as in I'm able to trade one of them for, say, Gather (hint hint).

Malkavian
Jul 31, 2004, 07:58 AM
Ok. The final results.

Strengthen Cards
1. Brionac 4.6% of votes
2. Endu 4.0%
3. El Rappy 3.6%
4. Sato 3.5%
5. Del-D 3.0%

Oh poor So Dimenian and Frozen Shooter are left out.

Weakened Cards
1. Gillchich 10%
2. Prophets of Motav 7.5%
3. Ohgun 5.9%
4. Harisen Fan 5.0%
5. Stamina 4.6%

Finally Mine brightness or other Arkz Ap boosters haven't made it into the top 5. Neither Savitri.

I'm surprised to see Endu in strenghten list. He has always been quite popular. At some point I remember being sick of him heh. Is true that lastly I see him less often though. I hope they dont modify him much. Maybe 1-2 hp more or 1 mv more.

The others are ok and I agree.

In weaken list, I think I miss something about the prophets of motav? Its true is powerful but like other 6 costers. IMO it doesn't need much modify, a bit less HP maybe.
Also Ohgun. I know his impact halfguard ability makes him tough. Again with HP, maybe lower 1 or 2 HP. His other stats doesn't need to be changed.

Now let's wait for the exact changes.

phoenixphire
Jul 31, 2004, 08:20 PM
Dammit! How is Prophets of Motav considered more overpowerful than Mine Brightness?! ST screws everything up, so they go to the public, instead, and then they go and screw this up, too. Grrrr...

Arislan
Jul 31, 2004, 09:46 PM
I dont think its as much Prophets STAYING on (it was on since first update) as Stamina sneaking its way on. Who knows? Maybe we'll see a mod for MB too.

As for Fast/First Attack.. Difference in localization vs the original JP version. Not sure *how* they got first out of faasuto but they did. Chalk another one up to ST.

Jazhara
Aug 4, 2004, 05:33 AM
Harisen Fan could go one of two ways, either Return Home on a 6 or higher cost and higher HP.

I *really* hope it's the latter...

phoenixphire
Aug 4, 2004, 07:41 AM
The former would be better, but they can only change stats.

Malkavian
Aug 5, 2004, 06:28 AM
The problem of rise the harisen fan's cost is that we'll have another 1 coster less. Akiko's wok was 1 cost and changed to 3. So I think we need something else in 1 cost. Here is when it comes Brionac. Instead of rise its stats, make it 1 cost. Even that way it wouldnt be overpowered. hp-2, ap-2 compared to chamaleon scythe is enough to pay the steady damage. And Brionac ability ain't that good being a 1 hp weapon.

These choose 5 cards for weaken and strength referendum have many side effects. In a game like this change a single card can have a domino effect that breaks many tactics and decks.

agenevil
Aug 5, 2004, 09:49 AM
Brionac- Yeah make it a 1
Sato- 1 less cost....
Endu- What? Not AP, just maybe 1 more MV
El Rappy- Oh my god, 3 move =/
Del-D- remove the -1, add 1 hp

Gilchich- Watch them make it 1 ap... I think it should just be low HP, POSSIBLY 2 AP.
POM- Never seen it
Ohgun- What the hell!?What do you people want!?!? he is fine!!! I dont see anything wrong with him.
Harisen- Errrr whatever. Im not gonna comment on this one, if they make this a 2 or 3 they should make brionac 1 defin.
Stamina- Does this cost 4 or 5? if it costs 4, just up the cost to 5, if it costs 5, well, tough, because 9 move is the full effect.