PDA

View Full Version : Offline

Swan
Jul 17, 2004, 06:17 PM
hey all. am I the only one one this site who's offline every time I play? I know some people here are sort of both, but I was just wondering...

Stan64
Jul 17, 2004, 06:30 PM
I play online mostly but I know many ppl that play offline and manages to clear the whole game on ultimate without getting bored. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 17, 2004, 08:36 PM
offline pride. never played online. got to level 106 then sold my GC. now i dont want to buy Xbox live for PSOX, so i'm getting another 'cube for PSO+, and the wave of good games coming out for gc.

tai_EX
Jul 17, 2004, 08:50 PM
OFFLINERS UNITE!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif im strictly offline only i dont want to have to pay an extra 10 bucks a month... LIKE HELL I WILL!!!

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 17, 2004, 10:02 PM
On 2004-07-17 18:50, tai_EX wrote:
OFFLINERS UNITE!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif im strictly offline only i dont want to have to pay an extra 10 bucks a month... LIKE HELL I WILL!!!

not to mention the money for connecting all the stuff to the internet.

DragonFang
Jul 18, 2004, 09:02 AM
I'm offline only at the moment, although I am really planning on going online very soon. I've already purchased a Broadband Adapter and everything.

SunScar
Jul 18, 2004, 09:52 AM
Strictly offline for me. I don't have the extra cash to spend on online plus it's just really easy to flip on the cube and have every thing ready to go. I've been playing for quite awhile and I don't really get bored. I might take a break now and then but I'll definately play as long as I have my gc.

Swan
Jul 18, 2004, 10:37 AM
Oh my god! there's hundreds of us! and I agree with your reasons. I'm offline for those reasons, and 'cause I'm on DC. but still. cool.

FIDELCASTRO
Jul 18, 2004, 12:03 PM
sometimes in offline, it gets boring, and i don't play for a few months. but then a friend comes over and we play it, and get obssessed all over again. of course, he so cheap, sniping off all the experience while i die...but i always get to the items first:P

Butoden
Jul 18, 2004, 12:22 PM
Hmph. Offline only rules. Never get FSOD or Corruption. And you get to keep every rare you find, not someone who snatches it off before you can see what it was. No cheaters anywhere, no dupes.
It's the best way to stay legit! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif

Mixfortune
Jul 18, 2004, 01:03 PM
I had some characters that were online for a bit, but then I stopped getting online for a while.

I only somewhat recently got back online again.
In the meantime, I was able to get my legitmate offline only HUmar to level 157.

My brother's offline only character is now level 164. He wanted to catch up to me, and took advantage of the time when I stopped playing PSO for a while.

My youngest brother's all offline character is about level 136 or so.
My friend's character that is primarily offline is about 134 or so.

We played quite a bit of offline >_>

Butoden
Jul 18, 2004, 02:02 PM
Yeah, so I see. You all surpass me in levels. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

SunScar
Jul 18, 2004, 02:36 PM
Really I don't care whether I get online or not. It's true you get all the rares and if you get bored by yourself just have over a friend and team up like that, it's fun!

hfnico
Jul 18, 2004, 02:59 PM
I'm only offline too (fuck aol)
but i love pso and play with friends in multimode.
this summer i'm hunting the lavis set and partisan of lighting.

Cc08
Jul 18, 2004, 04:10 PM
I am 100% offline for 1 reason... my dad won't let me get online. I have 6 chars in ULT and I play all the time. You are 100% legit offline, so it is all good.

silenceclaw89
Jul 18, 2004, 05:33 PM
[quote]Hmph. Offline only rules. Never get FSOD or Corruption. And you get to keep every rare you find, not someone who snatches it off before you can see what it was. No cheaters anywhere, no dupes.
It's the best way to stay legit!

yeah i agree and im offline only as well i am at lv. 60 on ultimate with Lucia Force and at Lv. 113 on Ultimate with Leon Hucast

Zarode
Jul 18, 2004, 05:40 PM
My friends that play PSO are offline only. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif It's very boring to play with them anymore, really...

GS_Punk
Jul 18, 2004, 10:54 PM
Yes, Offliners rock.

I went to my friends and watched him play online, it was "ok".

I dont pay $10 bucks a month for "ok". I know ST is just trying to make a livin', but heck, $10/month is downright ridiculous. And thats after paying for the adapter and an ISP.

I have tons of fun playing multiplayer with friends, I have no desire to blow my money like that.

Varaha
Jul 19, 2004, 09:08 AM
Im an offline player as well but it is better online

Swan
Jul 19, 2004, 09:19 AM
weird... I bought PSO when it came out for DC and I'm only Lv. 45. but yeah. offline is rule.

RAmar-Juko
Jul 20, 2004, 08:05 PM
I got my broadband thing to also like some1 stated! I planed on going on along time ago, but for some reason I didnt! well, saving up for a wireless internet thing! but after that! its just $10 a month for me... lol

space_butler
Jul 21, 2004, 05:16 AM
im offline only, lv 64 in v.hard mines with a fonewearl, crap i know but ive been doing a lot of multiplayer recently

RadiantLegend
Jul 21, 2004, 09:09 AM
Multi Offline

^_^ its good to have friends and brothers that plays PSO

Hopefully i'll get to see what online looks like.

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2004, 10:53 AM
I used to be an offliner. I am again with my PSOGC chars... Poor Zero, he's done his last support WHOrcing. I play PSOBB these days, which has no offline.

Offline PSO is boring, and also the breeding ground of so much of the ignorance I encounter about the game. You don't get to even decent levels(Around 130. XP) very easily, and you seldom have any idea of a proper team dynamic. Even if you play multimode, it's likely that your friends will be incompetent as well.

As far as I'm concerned, until I got online and got a couple of my characters to decent levels, cleared C-mode with an S rank and learned how to be a Support whore and actually contribute to a team, I knew jack fucking shit about PSO. Absolutely nothing. Others who are still offline only and always have been also know nothing. Period.

RadiantLegend
Jul 21, 2004, 12:17 PM
Even if you play multimode, it's likely that your friends will be incompetent as well.

I've been playing multi mode with my bro for over a year now and yes my friends are sometimes incompetent but i make it my duty to teach them how to play the game.

Jess_01
Jul 21, 2004, 12:33 PM
I played offline with my DC
I had a small FOnewm,just level 19(I don't know why it took so long to make him level 19...maybe because he was very weak and it wasn't much fun playing with him compared to playing with a ranger)
but after I played BB online with my RAcaseal I wouldn't want to play offline again(online is so much more fun)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jess_01 on 2004-07-21 10:34 ]</font>

GreyScale
Jul 21, 2004, 02:42 PM
The 'cube We(Me n my 4 brothers) own currently is offline only http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I WOULD however buy myself a broadband adaptor for it and pay for the subscription as soon as i get off my lazy ass and fill out an application for Tom Thumb bag boy. Although I have to ask is online really all that fun...

Glow
Jul 21, 2004, 03:35 PM
i play offline not by choice cause AOL sucks but i do.

Eanae
Jul 21, 2004, 07:07 PM
On 2004-07-21 08:53, Ian-KunX wrote:
I used to be an offliner. I am again with my PSOGC chars... Poor Zero, he's done his last support WHOrcing. I play PSOBB these days, which has no offline.

Offline PSO is boring, and also the breeding ground of so much of the ignorance I encounter about the game. You don't get to even decent levels(Around 130. XP) very easily, and you seldom have any idea of a proper team dynamic. Even if you play multimode, it's likely that your friends will be incompetent as well.

As far as I'm concerned, until I got online and got a couple of my characters to decent levels, cleared C-mode with an S rank and learned how to be a Support whore and actually contribute to a team, I knew jack fucking shit about PSO. Absolutely nothing. Others who are still offline only and always have been also know nothing. Period.

Just because some players don't play online doesn't mean they know nothing about pso. I've played offline all my pso 'carrer', and I like to think I know a fair amount about the game. Of course I may be used to soloing, and when and if I start playing online it may take some getting used to playing with others. But through other games such as Diablo 2, and various MUDs, I know about team work. I also can play a good force character, though I hate being a support force. I will cast shifta/deband/anti etc. when needed, but I will never Jellen/zalure enemies. It's a waste of time to me. Even when I am playing multi-mode with some friends. I don't see a need for it. There's the occasional Hildet that I j/z because it gives us trouble, but other then that, nope. So if any one bitches at me online for that, screw them. I ain't your bitch. Cast your own if you can. If not, live with it.

Hrigg
Jul 22, 2004, 05:19 PM
My parents won't let me play online... so i'm level 115 with no online experience.

Swan
Jul 23, 2004, 07:28 AM
w00t. the mixed opinions. so, all in all, is offline better or worse?

'cause I think it's better, but that's only 'cause it's all I can play.

Alastor
Jul 23, 2004, 04:33 PM
I'm an offline only player now also. I did play PSOV1 online but the cheaters killed it. Then once PSOV2 came out and had that online fee I stopped playing PSO online.I was not about to pay to get FSOD'd and all that other evil stuff that comes with online play. For the most part I enjoy PSO offline as I do not have to worry about cheaters, dupes, or corruption. I was going to take Ep.I&II online just for the downloadable quests but changed my mind as I do not feel it is worth all the cash.

Just cause we play offline only does not mean we are stupid when it comes to teamwork or knowing the game.

HexV
Jul 25, 2004, 03:40 AM
Well I like to play online. That is up untill a few siblings of mine "dropped" My game cube. Not only did I pay to get that replaced, but I don't have enough money to get a new connection... so I'm currenlty Offline.

Graptakular83
Jul 25, 2004, 05:42 PM
If you have someone to play with, offlne is great. But I can understand how it can get boring if youre by yourself. Luckily, I have 2 brothers and a former roomate to play with. As for online, its fun, but it can get boring in its own right. Especially when I want to play something interesting like ANY mission online and all anyone else wants to do is TTF, TTF, TTF.

Midnight
Jul 25, 2004, 05:49 PM
odd i never had problems online

anyway, im an offline only player, not by choice though. i think dreamcast servers were shut down, so im pretty much forced to stay offline. but if i can somehow get PSO:BB or another PC game, ill be online...

also ive never played multiplayer offline, nobody around me likes ot play video games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Midnight on 2004-07-25 15:50 ]</font>