PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon glitch?

dokuga
Jul 17, 2004, 06:48 PM
I read somewhere that there is a glitch that an untekked lavis cannon's special is an invisible wave that is like 4x as powerful and never misses

1) is that true, and
2) does this apply to the double cannon's wave attack as well?

btw just like to say hi everyone as this is my first PSOW post

Dhylec
Jul 17, 2004, 06:55 PM
welcome!
please read the rules & stickies for info before asking
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0
now have fun..

dokuga
Jul 17, 2004, 06:59 PM
ok, but does that apply to the double cannon too?

Aredhel
Jul 17, 2004, 07:22 PM
It is true that the Lavis Cannon has the power of a 'hard' attack when you use its special untekked - but it's far from having 100% accuracy. Whoever said that it never misses when it's untekked must have been on recreational pharmeceuticals http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mushboom.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

(If you're going to refer someone to the guides, atleast make sure they're correct.)

I *think* that the Lavis cannon becomes untekked when you use a syncesta on it and turn it into lavis blades, but I'm not 100% sure. It supposedley still retains its %s though...

that's good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Jul 17, 2004, 07:39 PM
I copy and pasted what I was told.

And yes, when used with a Syncesta, the item does auto-tekk, and does carry over any %s (you are better off tekking if it has %s, since you can tekk up to +10% in each area it has a % in).

Skorpius
Jul 17, 2004, 10:57 PM
On 2004-07-17 16:59, dokuga wrote:

Yes. x.x
An Untekked Double Cannon will hit with it's special like a normal attack, but the range of the special attack, with the power of a normal attack, and it takes no HP.

LoreSeeker
Jul 17, 2004, 11:00 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:57, Skorpius wrote:

Yes. x.x
An Untekked Double Cannon will hit with it's special like a normal attack, but the range of the special attack, with the power of a normal attack, and it takes no HP.

Indeed, too bad it's impossible to have an untekked Double Cannon, or even an untekked Lavis Blade.

Jason
Jul 17, 2004, 11:48 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:57, Skorpius wrote:

Yes. x.x

The special attack of it having untekked have the power of a hard attack, not a normal attack.

KaFKa
Jul 18, 2004, 05:12 AM
too bad for skorpius thats impossible, isnt it.

i've personally tested that it does auto-tek when you use syncestia on it.

and the special is treated as a slicer on the lavis cannon when untekked.

Jason
Jul 18, 2004, 08:22 PM
On 2004-07-18 03:12, KaFKa wrote:
and the special is treated as a slicer on the lavis cannon when untekked.

If you mean the special on the untekked Lavis is treated exactly as a slicer, you're wrong. It shoots exactly as it does if the special is tekked, except you don't lose HP, the beam is invisible, and it have the power of a hard attack. For a Slicer, it does shoot but slower than a Lavis does and the beam of it does something a little different. Just not exactly the same.

Skorpius
Jul 18, 2004, 09:57 PM
For those who care:
I have an untekked Double Cannon.
And, it is, indeed, the normal damage, not heavy damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-07-18 19:59 ]</font>

Kanore
Jul 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
For those who care even more:

I've seen the Untekked DC in action. I supported a user of the Untekked DC... SNK... he told me that only a few people had it, including Model 383, who, IIRC, created it... unless it was someone else.

Quo
Jul 18, 2004, 10:16 PM
On 2004-07-18 19:57, Skorpius wrote:
For those who care:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-07-18 19:59 ]</font>

It's a hack then. That's the only way it could possibly exist.

Skorpius
Jul 18, 2004, 10:32 PM
Duh.
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Skorpius/Stuff/SpecialWeaponDC.jpg
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Skorpius/Stuff/HackedDoubleCannon.jpg
11/04/85 is my birthday, as proof I own it.

And for the Lavis Blades:
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Skorpius/Stuff/hackedblade.jpg

The quality sucks, because Ep1&2 has sucky snapshots when E mailed to you -.-

KaFKa
Jul 18, 2004, 11:19 PM
*coughHACKcough*

Mixfortune
Jul 18, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-07-18 20:32, Skorpius wrote:
Duh.

Jason
Jul 19, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-07-18 21:26, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2004-07-18 20:32, Skorpius wrote:
Duh.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I admired that.

Jason
Jul 19, 2004, 10:47 PM
For those who care:

For an untekked Lavis Cannon it is heavy damage, not normal damage. If what you're saying is true for your untekked Double Cannon, then it is normal damage for that weapon.

FattyMcGee
Jul 20, 2004, 05:23 AM
For those who care:

might I ask where you aquired this weapon?

jspacemunkey
Jul 20, 2004, 10:00 AM
i keep reading about the lavis cannon's untekked special attack and how powerful it is. last night i gave in and decided to tekk my lavis cannon (i was going to wait until i had the three that i'm after), but before i did i took it down to the forest to test out this super-powered untekked special. the special did nothing different than a hard attack. it had no extra range, no nothing. the special attack even missed a couple times. i don't know why this was (perhaps i've misunderstood how the untekked special works), but since i wanted to tekk my lavis i don't really care.

the weird thing is that while i was testing the untekked special my tv wigged out. i was just starting a three hit combo with the untekked special and the image on my tv flickered and stretched. as soon as the combo finished it stopped. a weird coincidence to be sure (probably my xbox doing something stupid) but it served to ensure that i will never even test the untekked special again.

Skorpius
Jul 20, 2004, 02:00 PM
On 2004-07-20 03:23, FattyMcGee wrote:
might I ask where you aquired this weapon?

Connections. :/

KaFKa
Jul 20, 2004, 02:07 PM
stop trying to sound like youre anything more then a hack user.

Jason
Jul 20, 2004, 02:59 PM
On 2004-07-20 08:00, jspacemunkey wrote:
i keep reading about the lavis cannon's untekked special attack and how powerful it is. last night i gave in and decided to tekk my lavis cannon (i was going to wait until i had the three that i'm after), but before i did i took it down to the forest to test out this super-powered untekked special. the special did nothing different than a hard attack. it had no extra range, no nothing. the special attack even missed a couple times.

Nothing different than a hard attack? It hits exactly like the beam of the tekked one can, with the same range. The ultimate difference is that it hits multiple enemies in the power of a hard attack. Hitting multiple enemies of a hard attack. That is something.

I got mine tekked for it to be a true Lavis Cannon, and I can't complain for its nice description. I also want it to be tekked because I'll be going to transform it into a Double Cannon, so I won't want it to be transform untekked with the raw %'s passing on through the transforming. Untekked Double Cannon? No thank you guys, I am legit and I like to play the game properly.

jspacemunkey
Jul 20, 2004, 03:16 PM
On 2004-07-20 12:59, Jason wrote:

Nothing different than a hard attack? It hits exactly like the beam of the tekked one can, with the same range. The ultimate difference is that it hits multiple enemies in the power of a hard attack. Hitting multiple enemies of a hard attack. That is something.

okay, perhaps i wasn't clear. the way you've described it is the way i expected it to be, but there was absolutely nothing different between the untekked special and a standard hard attack. i did not say anything about the tekked beam. the range of the untekked special attack was the same as the range of a standard hard attack. in other words, something was wrong with the untekked special of my lavis cannon. i mentioned it for this reason. it doesn't matter now anyway as the cannon is tekked.

Jason
Jul 20, 2004, 03:31 PM
On 2004-07-20 13:16, jspacemunkey wrote:

On 2004-07-20 12:59, Jason wrote:

okay, perhaps i wasn't clear. the way you've described it is the way i expected it to be, but there was absolutely nothing different between the untekked special and a standard hard attack. i did not say anything about the tekked beam. the range of the untekked special attack was the same as the range of a standard hard attack. in other words, something was wrong with the untekked special of my lavis cannon. i mentioned it for this reason. it doesn't matter now anyway as the cannon is tekked.

I know you mentioned nothing of the tekked beam. I'm saying that the untekked special does what the tekked beam does, except it is doing hard damage. Therefore, the untekked special have the same range of having it tekked. I swear, the range is the same.

jspacemunkey
Jul 20, 2004, 03:55 PM
i understand what you're saying. i'm just confused. why would an untekked lavis cannon's special attack have the same range as a standard hard attack? i did tekk it when i first found it, just to see the tekker screen. i refused the tekk afterward (percents weren't max and i wanted to tekk all three of my hypothetical cannons at the same time), so the cannon remained untekked. perhaps this affected the special attack? eh. i prefer to remain legit so i'm happier with the tekked cannon. it is incredibly cool.

Sharkyland
Jul 20, 2004, 05:24 PM
Omg, I'm so lost now.

Jason
Jul 20, 2004, 07:29 PM
On 2004-07-20 13:55, jspacemunkey wrote:
i understand what you're saying. i'm just confused. why would an untekked lavis cannon's special attack have the same range as a standard hard attack? i did tekk it when i first found it, just to see the tekker screen. i refused the tekk afterward (percents weren't max and i wanted to tekk all three of my hypothetical cannons at the same time), so the cannon remained untekked. perhaps this affected the special attack? eh. i prefer to remain legit so i'm happier with the tekked cannon. it is incredibly cool.

I too am happier with the tekked Lavis Cannon, according to my second paragraph. Yes, maybe having it tekked but not accepting the result may have something to do with the causing of the untekked special to have a hard attack range instead of the tekked one's range. But maybe you didn't noticed that the untekked special have a range of a tekked one, because you were only testing the untekked special for short a time, as you stopped when your screen went glitching.

Skorpius
Jul 20, 2004, 09:29 PM
On 2004-07-20 12:07, KaFKa wrote:

When did I say I was?

Quo
Jul 20, 2004, 10:12 PM
On 2004-07-20 19:29, Skorpius wrote:

On 2004-07-20 12:07, KaFKa wrote:

When did I say I was?

When you said:

Connections.