PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Chain Sawd

Narbeck
Jul 17, 2004, 08:10 PM
Does anyone have any good ideas on a way to get a Chain Sawd in an hour or 2? I am dying to get one.

Ketchup345
Jul 17, 2004, 08:13 PM
Use the Item Database (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php)!!!

Your sig is too tall.
I http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif of your avatar choice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

FattyMcGee
Jul 17, 2004, 08:13 PM
kill Vulmers in Ultimate Caves with your SKYLY character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FattyMcGee on 2004-07-17 18:14 ]</font>

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 17, 2004, 09:33 PM
On 2004-07-17 18:10, Narbeck wrote:
Does anyone have any good ideas on a way to get a Chain Sawd in an hour or 2? I am dying to get one.

Play Caves 1 of Addicting Food over and over. Go in every room. Should take you about 12 runs if it drops right when its supposed to.

Deuce
Jul 17, 2004, 09:38 PM
On 2004-07-17 19:33, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
[quote]
Play Caves 1 of Addicting Food over and over. Go in every room. Should take you about 12 runs if it drops right when its supposed to.

Play Skyly Caves 2 as well. If you're lucky, you might get a Red Sword off a GoVulmer. It's not as strong unground, but if you grind it to +52, it is actually stronger than the Chain Sawd.

Cc08
Jul 17, 2004, 09:43 PM
Play Skyly Caves 2 as well. If you're lucky, you might get a Red Sword off a GoVulmer. It's not as strong unground, but if you grind it to +52, it is actually stronger than the Chain Sawd. I second this. If you hunt for a Red Sword on a Skyly you will end up with millions of Chain Sawds.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 17, 2004, 10:03 PM
On 2004-07-17 19:38, Deuce wrote:

Play Skyly Caves 2 as well. If you're lucky, you might get a Red Sword off a GoVulmer. It's not as strong unground, but if you grind it to +52, it is actually stronger than the Chain Sawd.

Actually, I just checked the quest enemy counts, and AF Caves 2 only has 6 govulmers, while AF Caves 1 has 15. And if you were talking about normal caves runs, you are still better off doing AF Caves 1 because only Pattern 2 of Caves 2 is more numerous than Caves 1 of AF.

Also many other enemies with good drops are numerous in AF Caves 1, such as Crimson Assassin, Nano Dragon, and Mil Lily.

Deuce
Jul 17, 2004, 10:08 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:03, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

Actually, I just checked the quest enemy counts, and AF Caves 2 only has 6 govulmers, while AF Caves 1 has 15. And if you were talking about normal caves runs, you are still better off doing AF Caves 1 because only Pattern 2 of Caves 2 is more numerous than Caves 1 of AF.

Also many other enemies with good drops are numerous in AF Caves 1, such as Crimson Assassin, Nano Dragon, and Mil Lily.

You got me there. But for Skyly, Caves 2 is a very good place to pipe slimes and get a Demo Comet.

DragonFang
Jul 18, 2004, 08:33 AM
Hmm, I was also planning on hunting for a Chain Sawd. I had Addicting Food in mind as the place to hunt for the CS. I'll start my hunt today. Let's see how long this will take. Hopefully not 40+ runs like it took me to get my God/Battle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonFang on 2004-07-18 10:58 ]</font>

FattyMcGee
Jul 18, 2004, 03:50 PM
letter from lionel is by far the best/fastest/easiest way to hunt for a chainsawd. 92 Vulmers in the first lvl of caves, and hardly any other enemies that you have to kill along the way. Also, there are a dozen or so more in the first 2 or 3 rooms of caves 2. only thing that also has a significant # are lillies, and you can skip most of them if you konw where to go (maps of the quest are available on PSOW)

--fatty

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 18, 2004, 11:28 PM
Not really seeing as you have to go through the forest first. and if your skyly you want the other enemies, cause they have good drops like red slicer, red daggers, red sword, and sange.

Narbeck
Jul 19, 2004, 11:12 AM
Yeah I am hunting for a Sange too.

DragonFang
Jul 19, 2004, 10:26 PM
I picked up a Sange the other night as I was doing an Addicting Food run. Didn't pipe for it either. Unfortunately it only tekked to 15% on A.Beast.

Oh, and still no luck with the Chain Sawd. Finished my 6th run through AF earlier today.

Deuce
Jul 19, 2004, 10:46 PM
Keep searching if you want to. I got my Chain Sawd after my 12th Vulmer, and I have to say that I was dissapointed. It does not have enough accuracy to truly be effective in Ultimate for my level 60 HUcassy. I much prefer Red Partisan. But that's just me.

jspacemunkey
Jul 20, 2004, 10:14 AM
On 2004-07-19 20:46, Deuce wrote:
I much prefer Red Partisan. But that's just me.

it's not just you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif it took me five runs to find my red sword and about fifteen to find my chainsawd. i had both these weapons way back when the game first hit xbox, and i used them frequently. finding them again i realized that swords are not that great. partisans may have low atp but they make up for it in speed and accuracy. i'm a huge fan of the red partisan not only because it is one of the three most powerful partisans but because out of those three it is easily piped, meaning one can get some incredible photon percents if one is patient. the fact that you can easily pipe for great percents is one of the reasons red partisan>any sword. just my opinion of course.

Deuce
Jul 20, 2004, 09:12 PM
Jspacemonkey, I couldn't have said it any better myself! Even though I did say it myself! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

excecutor
Jul 21, 2004, 01:46 AM
On 2004-07-17 20:03, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:

From some extremely good amount of experience here, the quest counts are incorrect. There are far more govulmers in addicting food caves two than six. Caves two I beleive is worth it when playing an addicting food quest. I stop after the first room of caves three always, it doesn't have enough enemies there in my own opinion.

As for the chain sawd advice, just play in skyly addicting food, or caves for that matter and don't really focus on the chain sawd. Look for red sword, red daggers, and red slicer, they are great weapons.

If you do that before you know it you will have found over twenty chain sawds, and be praying that if you do happen to find another, it has awesome percents.

Hope this helps.

jspacemunkey
Jul 21, 2004, 03:43 PM
deuce -- thanks. too many people think swords are so freakin' good, when really a partisan with some decent percents is an incredible weapon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

executor -- that's sound advice. pursuing the red weapons in skyly ult caves will ensure plenty or runs which in turn practically guarantees you'll find a few chainsawds. the most important thing in item hunting is to be persistent.

i would like to point out that there are only six govulmers in caves 2 of addicting food. i am fairly certain of this because i just played through caves 2 in its entirety. there is a room that spawns a group of vulmers, a melqueek and one govulmer and then there is a room that spawns five govulmers. it is possible that i missed one or two due to lack of attention, but i am a hair shy of certain that there are only six. i'm going to double-check right now and make sure i pay attention to every govulmer that spawns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-21 14:14 ]</font>

Deuce
Jul 21, 2004, 05:24 PM
Yes, partisans own. It doesn't matter to me what the GoVulmer count is, because I got mad and erased my memory card. Level 3 RAmarl baby! Heh, I'll be in Ultimate in a month or so... If I ever feel like playing the game.

luck64
Jul 21, 2004, 07:01 PM
What level should i be before i hunt in the Caves in ultimate for the reds and the chain sawd? im currently 75 but i dont feel ready http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I finally got my Delsabers Shield so now i hunt with that set, doin good in forest now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: luck64 on 2004-07-21 17:04 ]</font>

Deuce
Jul 21, 2004, 07:03 PM
Don't be in any rush to beat caves. Once you do, you will need a hell of a lot of leveling before you can even think about surviving mines. I walked into the first room and got my Chain Sawd. That, however, was before I deleted my file! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jspacemunkey
Jul 21, 2004, 07:05 PM
depends on your character's class. i tend to wait quite a bit before pushing beyond ult forest. i waited until after lv90 to move my HUcast to ult caves, though i'm sure he could have handled it sooner. when he got there he was able to solo very effectively due to the extra time he spent kicking around the forest. you may want to try entering the caves a little ways and see how you fare. might not be as bad as you think.

luck64
Jul 21, 2004, 07:05 PM
heheh, roger, ill try caves at 85 or 90 i suppose.

Deuce
Jul 21, 2004, 07:11 PM
On 2004-07-21 17:05, luck64 wrote:
heheh, roger, ill try caves at 85 or 90 i suppose.

Good Idea. No point in rushing it and dying after every Vulmer you kill. That isn't very fun, trust me.

excecutor
Jul 21, 2004, 07:44 PM
Interestingly enough, I just ran through the caves and found that there were only 6 govulmers. Man I feel like crap now.

Sorry to all those who I may have tried to correct, that spawn of five govulmers made me sure that there were more than six, oh well.

Again, I express my deepest and most sincere apologies.

As far as level for caves, if you are a force, level 65 should suffice. A Hunewearl or Ranger, level 70 should be good. Anything else, level 75 or so.

jspacemunkey
Jul 21, 2004, 07:47 PM
deuce -- you beat me to it. i guess i'm not alone in my approach to ult, which is a good thing. must mean i'm not completely crazy. sad about you deleting your mem card though.

executor -- don't be so hard on yourself. an easily corrected misperception. i doubt anyone is the worse for it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deuce
Jul 21, 2004, 07:56 PM
My HUcassy couldn't do anything in caves, and FoS runs for God/Battle were driving me crazy. So I decided to start over! I made level 5 and beat the dragon a few minutes ago. All is not lost. If anything, it will make the game more fun. I mean, playing through forest with a Handgun +2 10% Native was a challenge! 11 damage on a weak shot from my RAmarl. In caves, I might look for a rifle with some hit %.

TheJust1
Jul 22, 2004, 10:44 AM
heh heh I was hunting a ChainSawd myself for a while. Personally I just ran through the whole mission. Its pretty funny because I had given up on it after a while and decided to search for something else. Next day I'm showing off my level 100 or so Hucast to my to my friends. So they wanted me to kill something and I just randomly picked the caves,the first Vulmer I kill boom Red box. But weapons always do that to me. They wait till after I dont want them any more to drop. But overall I am pleased with it. It allowed me to finnaly retire the last survivor with 20 hit which was the first rare that character had ever found. As for accuracy I slapped on some elf/arm++ and Im good to go.

luck64
Jul 22, 2004, 11:32 AM
heheh yeah same thing for me for delsabers left arm, hunting for it for a while, bout to give up, go back in ruins first kill bam delsabers left arm http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and i found a dragon slayer off of a mothvert :/ didnt know i could do that heh, ill be runnin caves sometime 2morrow, should be level 85 then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif