PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: Mag cells?

Giezus
Jul 17, 2004, 08:16 PM
Ok, i was playing in Dav 10 with my RAmarl, Kaius, and two other people, a FOmar and a HUcast. After a while they asked if I had any legit weapons for trade. I said I might have some on my Ult level charater. So I grab him and show them some of my weapons. I guess they where friends because the FOmar said he wanted to trade for a force and hunter weapon. I showed him Tali and Gae Bolg, and he showed me 2 mag cells (Heart of Devil and Kit of Mark 3). He said they where legit so I did the trade. He told me that he knows what they're for, but he doesnt like the way Mag cell Mags (especially those ones) look.

Now, I havnt been around for any holiday drop of any kind. I've either been around no broadband connection or away from my Xbox. I want to know if there is a chance that these are legit? I checked the guides but then I remembered Xbox and Gamecube not having the same drop times, and I think I remember hearing Xbox not even having a holiday drop one time (?). I just wanna check before I start raising these things.

Zinger314
Jul 17, 2004, 10:31 PM
Heart of Chu Chu is the only one that can be obtained legitly (virtually impossibile, though. S-Rank on Reach for a Dream without a keyboard? Hah.)

Everything else is hacked.

Solstis
Jul 17, 2004, 10:44 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:31, Zinger314 wrote:
Heart of Chu Chu is the only one that can be obtained legitly (virtually impossibile, though. S-Rank on Reach for a Dream without a keyboard? Hah.)

INCORRECT!

All mag cells were obtainable during Halloween. Some (I think) during Christmas.

You, my friend, lose.

Zinger314
Jul 17, 2004, 10:49 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:44, Solstis wrote:

INCORRECT!

All mag cells were obtainable during Halloween. Some (I think) during Christmas.

You, my friend, lose.

Hmm...Halloween was Online? I heard otherwise...odd.

Still, just presume it's hacked. Unless you know the person you are communicating with is 100% legit, and would take the painful effort for a Halo Rappy drop, just presume it's hacked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zinger314 on 2004-07-17 20:53 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 17, 2004, 10:51 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:49, Zinger314 wrote:

On 2004-07-17 20:44, Solstis wrote:

INCORRECT!

You, my friend, lose.

Hmm...Halloween was Online? I heard otherwise...odd.

Still, just presume it's hacked. Unless you know the person you are communicating with is 100% legit, and would take the painful effort for a Halo Rappy deck, just presume it's hacked.

Deck?

Are you speaking of EP 3?

Zinger314
Jul 17, 2004, 10:53 PM
On 2004-07-17 20:51, Solstis wrote:

Deck?

Are you speaking of EP 3?

It's a typo. Fixed.

Solstis
Jul 17, 2004, 10:58 PM
I would say that it is most likely a DUPE, not a hack.

I did rake in about 3 mag cells from the Halo Rappies, but I seriously doubt that people still have some original "copies" left that they are willing to trade.

Giezus
Jul 17, 2004, 10:59 PM
I played thrugh Caves, Mines, and Ruins plus 2 TTFs with them. Legit Mags (according to the mag guides here), no uber weapons (Fire Scepter: Agni and DBs Saber before trading) and we found a Photon Drop, Crush Bullet, and Varista too. So Im assuming those characters where legit.

EDIT: Nvm, answered. Ok, well thnx guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-07-17 21:03 ]</font>

Asia_Skyly
Jul 19, 2004, 09:46 AM
The Halloween rappies were on Xbox for almost three weeks. If you knew about it, you took advantage of it. Personally I got 9 Jack O' lanterns during that period. Several good friends got between 3-6 JoL themselves.

X-mas was only for a few days, a week at most. I got 6 Xmas presents. Most people I know who hunted around that time stopped at 5.

But it is true. No one who found a present or a lantern would trade them unless you gave them the world. I am going with the previous poster who said that they are most likely dupes.

Is too bad we only saw Easter on the very first weeks of Xbox PSO existence (when I was too new at this to know how to hunt for rappies), while this year, easter never showed up. I am still mad about that shaft...

gream-green
Jul 19, 2004, 12:30 PM
On 2004-07-19 07:46, Asia_Skyly wrote:
The Halloween rappies were on Xbox for almost three weeks. If you knew about it, you took advantage of it. Personally I got 9 Jack O' lanterns during that period. Several good friends got between 3-6 JoL themselves.

X-mas was only for a few days, a week at most. I got 6 Xmas presents. Most people I know who hunted around that time stopped at 5.

But it is true. No one who found a present or a lantern would trade them unless you gave them the world. I am going with the previous poster who said that they are most likely dupes.

Is too bad we only saw Easter on the very first weeks of Xbox PSO existence (when I was too new at this to know how to hunt for rappies), while this year, easter never showed up. I am still mad about that shaft...

I got 3 JOL's and 7 x-mas presents...I gave two x-mas presents away to two of the folks I was playing with most at the time, I was going to give a third away too but the guy quit playing before that happened, so I dunno...PSOX-mas was 7 nights from what I remember, I have no idea how long Haloween was.

Sitka
Jul 19, 2004, 02:46 PM
I got on xbox live between xmas and Easter.

Having read all about the special rappies, I was so excited to be online and get one of the Easter rappies.

I hunted and hunted and hunted the temple as a low-level ultimate character with no on-line friends at the time and got my ass handed to me over and over again.

Just like the news post that ST has put up Ep II, stage 4 & 5 as of June 30, I had heard there were Easter Eggs walking around to get snatched. In both cases, the posts/stories were not true.

So far on xbox, ST has given me:

1 - Wedding music

2 - Sonic characters

Whoop-de-do.

Rant/rave - whatever - I just wish ST would give me something for my HL fees.

Of course, I did get a flower bouquet as well....

whoop-de-do.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jul 19, 2004, 07:37 PM

you were right, I went through the quest section of PSO episode one and two and the way to get a heart of CHUCHU for Xbox are both the the quest you mentioned and through halloween rappy. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=330)