PDA

View Full Version : baranz launcher

hfnico
Jul 18, 2004, 02:38 PM
1)How much money does B.launcher's charge special attack take?
I got my spread needle but want to hunt it cos' the fireballs and the charge special rocks.

2)I found a beltra arm and made a beltra cannon, is it just me or it SUCKS? i don't understand what's good with this weapon...

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 18, 2004, 02:42 PM
I don't know how much money it takes, but my personal opinion is just use a charge arms with hit if you want the charge special. Or just stick with Spread Needle, which I alos just found for myself!!! BOOYAA!! I haven't had that much time to experiment with, but everyone else gives it the highest praise, and they're right it does shoot fricken fast, but has fricken poor range.

Eihwaz
Jul 18, 2004, 04:45 PM
Here we go:

On 2003-09-18, rena-ko wrote:
Another thing to mention - besides it's [Baranz Launcher
s] nice charge-special (200 Meseta per connected hit, 2400 Meseta maximum per full combo).

This was found in rena-ko's screenshot gallery.

And Belra Cannon DOES suck, it's one of the worst items in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-18 15:50 ]</font>

Fredrick
Jul 18, 2004, 07:57 PM
"And Belra Cannon DOES suck"

It almost sucks as much as a maser beam..... and thats as sukky as you can get.

Primrose
Jul 19, 2004, 05:37 AM
Charge always uses 200 Meseta when hit.
Therefore Vjayas special is not charge.

If youre not a collector but a person that goes for performance, go with a basic shot with hit and your desired special, Spread Needle or simply with S-Rank Shot/Needle.
Baranz Launcher hardly hits because its bullets fly too slow, and besides it only targets 4 enemies.
Its very nice looking though.

FattyMcGee
Jul 20, 2004, 05:48 AM
On 2004-07-18 14:45, Eihwaz wrote:

And Belra Cannon DOES suck, it's one of the worst items in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-18 15:50 ]</font>

let's not get ahead of ourselves here. a cane, frame, barrier, stick, etc are a LOT worse.

if you mean rare drops only: sense plate, proto regen gear, combat gear, section ID cards, akiko's wok, akiko's frying pan, silence claw, mahu, battle verge, and many, many more are worse items.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ketchup345
Jul 20, 2004, 08:37 AM
On 2004-07-20 03:48, FattyMcGee wrote:
let's not get ahead of ourselves here. a cane, frame, barrier, stick, etc are a LOT worse.

if you mean rare drops only: sense plate, proto regen gear, combat gear, section ID cards, akiko's wok, akiko's frying pan, silence claw, mahu, battle verge, and many, many more are worse items.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Many of these items do not "suck":
Cane: Great for level 1 female FOrces.
Frame: Especially with 4 Slots is useful for at least 3 levels (or until you get your next 4 slot body covering).
Barrier: Useful until you can equip the next level arm covering.
ID Cards: Until they were given out around Vega, they were proof of having one of the rarest items in the game.
Frying Pan: Gives 10-30 MST, allowing you to learn techs faster.
Silence Claw: Not bad weapon, especially if it has hit%. I can use mine with 25% hit% and easily take out Ruins Delsabers and Claws with the special when I can't take them out with a full combo otherwise. Not to mention that it may be great in Episode 2.
Mahu: Especially with hit% can help you wait until you get a Hitogata. Can easily save you several trips to Poneer 2 in lower difficulties. If anything, Talis is useless (since Mahu has only a slightly higher requirement).
Battle Verge: Some people do melee with Rods. Especially with hit%, this can be a deadly weapon.

The weapon in question has no use. Its projectiles travel too slow, especially for Ultimate, meaning it misses a lot. It only shoots 4 shots, not the standard 5 from shots. It never comes with natural %s. It is easily outdone by a Charge Arms from the shop (especially since you can eventually get one with 50% hit and one other % area up to 50%).

excecutor
Jul 21, 2004, 01:53 AM
I use baranz launcher all the time, I love it to death even if it is not as effective as some of the other launchers. True, a charge arms with hit is better in that it will miss a lot less often, and the bullets are not slow.

I do however enjoy the baranz launcher for one reason, its atp. I beleive it has over 100 ATP more than a regular launcher. Now that may not seem like much, but when a force is shifta-ing you, and zalure-ing the enemies, and you are using a charge special, it makes quite the difference.

However, the downside to baranz launcher is its lack of any kind of percents. A charge arms with good percents will innevitably be better than the baranz launcher. I would still use it though, it is one of my favorite weapons hehe.