PDA

View Full Version : what is the secret to flying in gta3?

X-thirteen
Jun 11, 2002, 01:26 AM
i have the dodo in my garage but the max time ive spent flying is 8 seconds. how do i fly for long periods of time?

eh heres a pic of my garage in stauton island
http://xthirteen.homestead.com/files/gta3pic.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X-thirteen on 2002-06-10 23:30 ]</font>

FinalMasterM
Jun 11, 2002, 04:55 AM
You can't fly, you float around for a bit. Some helpful info, don't use the flying car code with the dodo, sometimes your game will crash because of how high up you jump/float.

Antman
Jun 11, 2002, 03:44 PM
Ok heres what i do in the PS2 version of GTA 3 to get flying.
1st Step: Get to the Shoreside Vale Airport. GO to where you find the dodo and you should see two landing strips to the right of the parked DoDo. Get into the Dodo and go to the landing strip on the far right (the diagonal one)

2nd Step: Drive the dodo until its pretty much in the center of the landing strip and get some speed. Wait about... o i dont know 3 maybe 4 seconds then hold up so the tip fo the dodo goes toward the ground, now you dont wanna press it too hard just enough to make it just barely touch the ground (you will know because of sparks that come from it)

3rd Step: Once you see the sparks let go of the up button and the Dodo should go upwards into the air. This is where you must stabalize it. Tap up so the plane is even. it should then tip down a couple of feet then sorta go up again, once it goes up again tap(TAP!) up and the plane will descend alittle and then it will rise higher then the point in which you tapped it from. Keep doing the tapping in the air and dont turn to hard and you should be flying fine. I have flone for about 9000 sec from this. If this doesnt help go to Gamefaqs and see if they have a FAQ on this.
Happy Flying ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Antman on 2002-06-11 13:46 ]</font>