PDA

View Full Version : Does it really matter if you are legit or illegit?

Axel3792
Jul 18, 2004, 08:56 PM
I mean, it's just a game, right? If your'e so into "OMFG... A DUPED ITEM!! NO!!!" then you should probably put the game down, and go get a life. It's a GAME! Games are meant to be played! Remember, that "World of PSO" exists on a platic disk, and some silicon chips on some frikkin' server. The reason I post this is because I've encountered so many people complaining about dupes and being legit and Lv.200 cmoders... who cares!? Remember... it's NOT REAL!

phoenixphire
Jul 18, 2004, 09:37 PM
But it takes the fun out of the game when people do that. Plus, it's illegal. We have every right to be upset about such cheaters.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 18, 2004, 09:46 PM
On 2004-07-18 19:37, phoenixphire wrote:
But it takes the fun out of the game when people do that. Plus, it's illegal. We have every right to be upset about such cheaters.

It only takes the fun out of the game if you cheat all of the time, moderation and some personal standards can take account in the situation.

Sometimes it's nice to breeze through areas instead of taking up to an hour just to clear an area. Cheating is merely a breech of contract, I don't think it breaks any laws. Lets face it, no matter how upset you get still you may claim to follow the games TOA but badgering cheaters is agains the TOA too. Further more things like this only get you upset if you let them.

Devin
Jul 18, 2004, 10:01 PM
Ok...I'm not even going to go into the whole "its not real, why does it matter?!" crap that you said - I'm just going to ask one thing. Do you play C-mode? If so, how do you NOT see how being level 200 would completely and utterly destroy it? T_T;

Ness
Jul 18, 2004, 10:12 PM
On 2004-07-18 19:37, phoenixphire wrote:
But it takes the fun out of the game when people do that.

Only if you let it.

Plus, it's illegal. We have every right to be upset about such cheaters.

It's not illegal.

I think everyone should just shut the fuck up and play however they want.

Superguppie
Jul 19, 2004, 06:41 AM
Well, it's been a while since this came up. The only reason cheating matters is because it harms other players.
The game was made for free trade, which is ruined by people making the trade system useless. I once said "There is no word for legit in Word Select". In other words, I was never meant to have to ASK for legit stuff only. Now this isn't the worst. I can live with being careful, asking and explaining when trading. But it does take some of the fun out of it.
ST may decide not to realease certain items because of hacking. This would mean that I, as a legit player would be denied access to it because cheaters do have it. Very inconsiderate of them. Mind you, I heard this actualy happened before, so ST is capable of doing it!
ST may decide to ban items that have been duped too much. This would also ban anyone having a legit version of it. Some may say it won't happen. Well, it already has. Ofcourse this was the accidental activation of some pre-test code for it, but still.
ST already has made life harder for the users of hacks. If I play in a team where the team leader has PSO+ and there is a hacked MAG in the team, we will find almost no rares. I'm stil wondering whether I should like this measure or not. It keeps them from having to ban large groups of users, yet it will encourage them to do without the hack. It also makes the gap between legits and hack-users bigger. Not sure whether to call that a good or a bad thing.

So, yeah. It does matter to be legit. Apart from the satisfaction that many legits feel, it will show respect towards your fellow gamers for not messing up their game.

phoenixphire
Jul 19, 2004, 07:11 AM
Superguppie: Heh that's pretty much my post only a whole lot better.

Ness: I guess you're right about Cheating only taking the fun out of the game if you let it, but other people shouldn't have to worry about this. Cheating negatively affects others, and it acually does violate the TOA. If you don't go online, or only stay by yourself (if you do that, though, why go online?), I really don't care if you cheat. It won't affect anyone but you, and because of that is OK.

RuneLateralus
Jul 19, 2004, 02:50 PM
Eh, seeing how we got two of these, lets just keep the one with more posts open.