PDA

View Full Version : Am I understanding this correctly?

rbf2000
Jun 11, 2002, 07:50 AM
?t?@???^?V?[?X?^?[?I?????C?? (temporary) PHANTASY STAR ONLINE (temporary) Network RPG Is awarded numerous prize the network RPG which in the Xbox appearance! While " the ?t?@???^?V?[?X?^?[?I?????C?? " uniting the party with the user which leaves far, via Internet, at the same time the online, real time conversing to interactive, it advances the game, it is the network RPG. As for the Dreamcast edition which sells in December of 2000, the network member register person 40 ten thousand people super you are proud, it is the worldwide biggest network game, fifth Japanese game grand prix " grand prix " and so on you are awarded domestic total 17 thing prizes, have received very high appraisal from each direction. Worldwide simultaneous network play via Internet is actualized, in order to promote the smooth communication of the user of the world, 5 national languages (day ? English ? French ? German ? west) the epoch-making machine translation " word selection system " which corresponds is loaded. In addition, while in Xbox edition corresponding to the voice kyat in addition to former online play, playing conversation in real time became possible. As for the prayer you adjusting to your own taste, it is possible to convert voice. The wheel of the depending and new communication spreads to new function.

Does this mean in the xbox version, it will translate your spoken word?

Also

Name name: PHANTASY STAR ONLINE (temporary)
genre: Network RPG
departure sale day: Fall of 2002 sale schedule (in the Xbox Live starter kit bundled)
value case: Undecided
corresponding type: Xbox
peripheral device: Undecided (voice communicator)

So does that mean xbox pso is coming out in fall also?

EDIT: taken from http://sega.jp/x/pso/ transtaled w/ babelfish.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-06-11 05:55 ]</font>

Rubesahl
Jun 11, 2002, 10:35 AM
I find the voice translation a bit far off into the future. Kinda doubt it. And about the release date, they said that PSO will be one of their launching titles of the service, so when Xbox Live comes, PSO comes. Also, Xbox hasn't had any past history with delays".

john
Jun 11, 2002, 10:59 AM
no no... i heard that the xbox is suppoosed to have voice chat, i thinkthats why its called xbox live! ne hoo they already had voice chat on dreamcast online games(alien front online) so its not like a futuristic thing. and there are games coming out on ps2 (SOCOM:navy seals) comes with a headset to communicate with your team, XBOX will give you a free headset if you sign up for a year of service ($50 ithink). XBOX and GC pso wee upposed to be compatible online but theyscrapped that,but said gc and playstsion should have no problem being compatible in the future....endless possibilities

Wewt
Jun 11, 2002, 11:04 AM
What he means is there might be a voice translation system. That sounds as if it translates your language...sounds stupid. You say "hello" it's gonna translate into "konnichiwa"?

Yep, that's dumb.

Dangerous55
Jun 11, 2002, 11:42 AM
On 2002-06-11 09:04, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

Yep, that's dumb.

Agreed, the only people with that technoligy are the military and I dont think they would release it.

Mindshare
Jun 11, 2002, 11:54 AM
The xbox is said to have the capability to disguise your voice (i.e. alter it so other people cannot identify you). This is most likely what it means when it says you can "convert" your voice. It just got lost in the translation.

M.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mindshare on 2002-06-11 09:55 ]</font>