PDA

View Full Version : The not-long-awaited return of "BEST S-RANK"?

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2004, 08:30 AM
Yes, I know we've done this several times. But I recently felt like returning online, and that implies hanging around japanese servers racing in the Challenge levels.

So, what S-rank do you think a HUmar like myself should choose?

Oh, and if you could add the reasons for your choice it would help even more. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-07-19 06:43 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jul 19, 2004, 09:03 AM
there is a FUCKING sticky (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=85222&forum=1&38) for that...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaFKa on 2004-07-19 07:03 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2004, 09:04 AM
Actually, I don't like the idea of scrolling down on all the other "ideas" to find the S-Rank section.

Vote and go away. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2004, 10:12 AM
S-Rank Partisan, which is the strongest in the game. HUmar can use better Twins than S-Rank, and swords suck hardcore. :3

SJ
Jul 19, 2004, 10:16 AM
Sword is better, espicialy with god battle and zalure special.
Combine with A spirit(or beserk) twin and you cant go wrong.

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2004, 10:25 AM
On 2004-07-19 08:16, SJ wrote:
Sword is better, espicialy with god battle and zalure special.
Combine with A spirit(or beserk) twin and you cant go wrong.

Zalure special takes away a swing that could be used to damage. Even with God/Battle, Swords are too slow for practical use, IMO. I won't use a Sword unless I absolutely have to. This limits my usage of them to parts of C-mode. XP I would rather sacrifice a bit of ATP for better ATA and a faster animation. Swords if you don't want to be hit almost require a Normal-Heavy-Run away strategy. Partisans can be comboed fully without contact without a God/Battle if you time it right and all three hits make contact(Poor FOmar. Poor, poor FOmar). The male Sword animation in particular is horrible... Yech. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

*hugs Partisans*

Sitka
Jul 19, 2004, 10:47 AM
So would the s-rank Partisan be a better choice of weapon for a hucast then say a Partisan of Lightening?

My Hucast will hopefully get Bu-EI tonight and I already have shot, mechguns, rifle and twin.

In a similar vein, looking ahead to Ep. II and the posting of 4 & 5 for xbox, following the spread, what would the next three best weapons available on Ep. II be? Would the Scythe be a good choice?

darthsaber9x9
Jul 19, 2004, 10:56 AM
On 2004-07-19 07:04, Even_Jin wrote:
Actually, I don't like the idea of scrolling down on all the other "ideas" to find the S-Rank section.

Vote and go away. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

tough shit, everyone else has to

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2004, 11:00 AM
On 2004-07-19 08:47, Sitka wrote:
So would the s-rank Partisan be a better choice of weapon for a hucast then say a Partisan of Lightening?

My Hucast will hopefully get Bu-EI tonight and I already have shot, mechguns, rifle and twin.

In a similar vein, looking ahead to Ep. II and the posting of 4 & 5 for xbox, following the spread, what would the next three best weapons available on Ep. II be? Would the Scythe be a good choice?

Partisan of Lightning is a Twin Saber like Demolition Comet, and can't be compared to an S-Rank Partisan. But S-Rank Partisan is the strongest of the Partisan class, even stronger than Soul Banish(With the possibility of a better special. XP)

S-Rank Scythe is only ideal for Rangers and melee FOnewms, who can't use Soul Banish... It's around the same ATP, but it has lower ATA and no chance of Hit %. For a HU or human melee Force, Soul Banish is a better bet.

Now, if you have a Ranger, you WILL want an S-Rank Needle, which is quite simply the best weapon in the game, period.

SJ
Jul 19, 2004, 11:27 AM
Dude have you ever even tried the sword with god battle?
With my humars ata is high enough to hard-hard-hard 90% of the time and that usual kills enemies in forest.
Demo Comet with 45 ab is used in Cave.
And in ine and ruins I use a combo of all my weps as with Caves and Forest (the DC and SJS are used mostly).

Sitka
Jul 19, 2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks Ian,

My plan is to nab the s-rank needle for Sitka Blue D as soon as 4 & 5 are posted and our team can successfully complete it.

In the wings are the Hucast, Hucaseal, Fonewearl and Fonewm.

Assuming I can successfully get one or more of them through, I'm just not sure which of the Ep-II weapons are considered worth obtaining. Of all my next characters to really start playing heavy, I'm probably going to use the Fonewm.

Having played the Racast to 200 (almost), I really want to see what I can do with a very high level Force. The highest force I ever had was a little over 100 with a Fonewearl on the dreamcast, so the force character is much more challenging for me right now.

SJ
Jul 19, 2004, 11:46 AM
I dont see why katana is so popular the animation is so slow and it dont look THAT good anyway

darthsaber9x9
Jul 19, 2004, 01:01 PM
this is in the wrong forum! either: battle and c-mode forum or the item forum!

Daikarin
Jul 19, 2004, 03:12 PM
What special would you guys add to your S-Rank, and why?

SJ
Jul 19, 2004, 03:37 PM
Zalure for sword partisan etc
Spirit/ beserk for twin blade etc
Zalure for the obvious reason.
B/S for uber dmg

Myopathy
Jul 19, 2004, 05:36 PM
What would be a good special for an S-Rank Needle?

And what's the difference between an S-Rank Needle and a Spread Needle. I have a Spread Needle, is that good enough?

gream-green
Jul 19, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-07-19 08:47, Sitka wrote: what would the next three best weapons available on Ep. II be? Would the Scythe be a good choice?

Personally I like the J-Cutter, the Twin Psychoguns and the Scythe, for different reasons...
I have yet to see a Bazooka. I cannot stand the windmill.

PJ
Jul 19, 2004, 05:49 PM
SRank Rod. Easily because nobody else would see it coming =3

It's not a very bad melee weapon for my FOmar, although the SRank Twin would be so much better. I just really like it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Overall usefullness, nothing beats the craptacularily ugly Spread Needle http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dhylec
Jul 19, 2004, 06:27 PM
Even_Jin wrote:

well, the sticky up there is there so that we don't have to open many fave this, best that topics
it's long, but since everyone else has to do it, you are expected to to the same

it's understandble that you wanna stand out & be heard with your s-rank opinion/poll..
but if you do that & be tolerated then everyone else will do it too
that will defeat the purpose of eliminating similar & repeated topics

btw, this is very unlike you..
you should know by now, c-mode & c-mode related topics belong in c-mode/battle forum

now, this won't be locked, but will be moved to where it belongs..

Nai_Calus
Jul 19, 2004, 07:01 PM
On 2004-07-19 09:27, SJ wrote:
Dude have you ever even tried the sword with god battle?
With my humars ata is high enough to hard-hard-hard 90% of the time and that usual kills enemies in forest.
Demo Comet with 45 ab is used in Cave.
And in ine and ruins I use a combo of all my weps as with Caves and Forest (the DC and SJS are used mostly).

Uh, yeah, I have. It sucks ass. Have you ever tried a Partisan period? Or are you one of those "OMG ATPP!!!!!!!!!oonee" HUmars that think Dark Flow is actually a good idea because it has stupidly high ATP to try to make up for it's lameness?

I value speed and accuracy over power, and when it comes to the point where I can hit no matter what I'm using(I.E., my L130 HUmar with maxed ATA), I value speed above all. Speed and usefulness, at any rate. A Claw can be fast, but that doesn't make it any good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

My standard equipment set on any given HU is always a Partisan, a Twin Saber and a Handgun of some sort. It's true on my GC HUmar(Red Partisan, Demolition Comet and Red Handgun), and true on my BB HUnewearl(Chameleon Scythe, Double Saber and Varista)... Hell, it's even true on my FOmar. He uses a Soul Banish, S-Rank Twin and Red Handgun. XP

I'm about speed and versatility. >_>; Swords don't fit into the speed thing. XP

Eihwaz
Jul 19, 2004, 07:17 PM
I, too, generally prefer Partisans over Swords.

However, I like to use Swords on female characters, just for variety. I can do okay with a Normal-Hard-Run combo.

Deuce
Jul 19, 2004, 09:34 PM
On 2004-07-19 17:01, Ian-KunX wrote:

Uh, yeah, I have. It sucks ass. Have you ever tried a Partisan period? Or are you one of those "OMG ATPP!!!!!!!!!oonee" HUmars that think Dark Flow is actually a good idea because it has stupidly high ATP to try to make up for it's lameness?

I value speed and accuracy over power, and when it comes to the point where I can hit no matter what I'm using(I.E., my L130 HUmar with maxed ATA), I value speed above all. Speed and usefulness, at any rate. A Claw can be fast, but that doesn't make it any good. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

My standard equipment set on any given HU is always a Partisan, a Twin Saber and a Handgun of some sort. It's true on my GC HUmar(Red Partisan, Demolition Comet and Red Handgun), and true on my BB HUnewearl(Chameleon Scythe, Double Saber and Varista)... Hell, it's even true on my FOmar. He uses a Soul Banish, S-Rank Twin and Red Handgun. XP

I'm about speed and versatility. >_>; Swords don't fit into the speed thing. XP

Ian you should preach this stuff. Partisans > Swords. Period. What good is a sword with ATP if you miss every hit? Even with 25% Hit I find that my Red Partisan 0% Hit is more accurate than my Chain Sawd. In Ultimate, ATA is everything. If you miss, you get smacked. Especially because my HUcassy is only level 60. She can't afford to miss. Final point is Partisans > Swords.

Daikarin
Jul 20, 2004, 11:04 AM
On 2004-07-19 16:27, Dhylec wrote:

Even_Jin wrote:

well, the sticky up there is there so that we don't have to open many fave this, best that topics
it's long, but since everyone else has to do it, you are expected to to the same

it's understandble that you wanna stand out & be heard with your s-rank opinion/poll..
but if you do that & be tolerated then everyone else will do it too
that will defeat the purpose of eliminating similar & repeated topics

btw, this is very unlike you..
you should know by now, c-mode & c-mode related topics belong in c-mode/battle forum

now, this won't be locked, but will be moved to where it belongs..

First off, I didn't even know about Kafka's thread of ideas, because I haven't been around the General and Battle threads.

Secondly, I don't wanna stand off. I just want to access this topic more easily, without having to go through all the other subjects which I'm not interested in.

And finally, I only put this topic in General because I thought it would also turn into a discussion thread about which special to add to an S-Rank, since you can only add specials in a certain quest.