PDA

View Full Version : Yasminkov9000M- are these stats for real?

Natron
Jul 19, 2004, 04:50 PM
I've been looking through the item database for a new weapon I could hunt. When I posted in the forums, I was told I should hunt a Yasminkov9000M. But when I looked at the stats, they were weak! Are these the real stats, and if so, why do people consider it such a good weapon?

Mixfortune
Jul 19, 2004, 04:57 PM
Yasminkov9000M is a mechgun type weapon with rifle range.
There is your answer.

Quo
Jul 19, 2004, 05:09 PM
The only mechgun that really has stats worth mentioning is the Guld Milla. Mechguns are strong because they attack 9 times per combo. What makes the yas 9k better than other mechs (besides that it's a Yasminkov) is that it, as Mix said, has a rifle's range.

Eihwaz
Jul 19, 2004, 05:45 PM
Mechguns look weak, but their cumulative damage is awesome.

Especially Yasminkov9000M.

Akulamenuri
Jul 19, 2004, 05:48 PM
Rifle range pretty much explains the reason to use em, they also look badass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

Zack_H
Jul 19, 2004, 06:22 PM
The Yas9000M also make a cool sound when you attack. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FattyMcGee
Jul 19, 2004, 07:37 PM
yes, all mechguns give a weak ATP boost (in the EP 1 & 2 version anyway), and when I first started out using them I thought they really sucked because I was only doing like 60 dmg per hit in the ultimate forest. Mind you, this was when I first got to the ultimate forest with my first ranger and I was a fairly low lvl, so I didn't have good ATP.

Once I had a lvl 200 mag on me and gained a few lvls, I realized mechguns actually did a ton of damage per combo, provided I had enough ATP. Then, when I got some yas9000Ms, I fell in love with them! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif their rifle range + awesome damage total per combo make them the best single-enemy ranger weapon in the game, in my opinion.

I've never used GuldMilla before (I'm offline legit, so it'd be unlikely I'll ever make one) but the extra 120 or so ATP wouldn't be worth giving up the insane range of the yas9000M. Of course, they're steal HP special would be nice, but most rangers don't need a lot of healing compared to HUnters anyway, so I'd imagine it wouldnt' be as useful as say, the Chainsawd special.

in any event, I'd definitely suggest you go searching for the yas9000M.

--fatty

Fojar
Jul 19, 2004, 07:38 PM
I'd rather get a Charge Vulcan with hit.

But whatever.

FattyMcGee
Jul 19, 2004, 07:41 PM
yea, best single enemy weap in the game.... out of the rare weapons I mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

of course, +hit charge vulcs are very nice if you have copius amounts of money to waste and are lucky enough to find/shop for one with 50% or more to hit.

even then though, they deplete your money so quickly that I never end up using them on just regular enemies: it's not worth it. They're good on bosses, but for normal runs through areas I'd still stick with the yas9000's

Gjl
Jul 20, 2004, 05:02 AM
On 2004-07-19 17:41, FattyMcGee wrote:
yea, best single enemy weap in the game.... out of the rare weapons I mean http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

of course, +hit charge vulcs are very nice if you have copius amounts of money to waste and are lucky enough to find/shop for one with 50% or more to hit.

even then though, they deplete your money so quickly that I never end up using them on just regular enemies: it's not worth it. They're good on bosses, but for normal runs through areas I'd still stick with the yas9000's

Actually mechguns are best on hunters since they have the ATP to do insane damage with them. The Yas's are Ranger only right? Kinda sucks, but stops it from being too overpowered (actually I think mechs should be Ranger only. Hunters with mechs are too damn strong).

Anyway the best ranger weapon is a Zalure S-Rank Needle. Whats the max grind on the thing? The guides only list the base ATP.=/

FattyMcGee
Jul 20, 2004, 05:05 AM
On 2004-07-20 03:02, Gjl wrote:

Anyway the best ranger weapon is a Zalure S-Rank Needle. Whats the max grind on the thing? The guides only list the base ATP.=/

that's the best for multiple enemies, I agree. For single enemies yas9000 is still better. of course, I'm offline and don't have access to one of those things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but I just carry around my 3 amigos: yas9000M, spread needle, and frozen shooter. You can basically breeze through the entire game with those 3.

--fatty

Akulamenuri
Jul 20, 2004, 07:32 AM
Great choice of weapons Fatty

Jarek
Jul 20, 2004, 10:34 AM
S-rank needle grinds to +70 max.
Yas9000 is pretty cool, and I'm just glad I could end my search after only 1 run. ^_^

LoreSeeker
Jul 20, 2004, 12:24 PM
Top 3 rare mechs:
1) Yas 9k
2) Guld Milla
3) Red Mechs

Why those? Yas has rifle range, which means at higher levels when you have good ATP, you'll be doing obscenely cheap damage at obscenely cheap range. Guld Milla does more damage than a Yas and at least has handgun range, but the mere rarity of both handguns needed to create it makes the Guld Milla a nearly impossible to get legit weapon. Red Mechs are just pretty good; decent ATP boost, decent ATA, whatever. They're nice to have, and aren't an impossible find.

rena-ko
Jul 20, 2004, 12:28 PM
i'd rank charge vulcans+9 with 50hit pretty high as well.

hfnico
Jul 20, 2004, 01:51 PM
Bored after 3 hours with no red slimes today i made a purplenum ult.temple run for fun and ...
YAS. 9000M YEAH!!!
It's a great weapon!
Kicks ass' !!

digigram
Jul 20, 2004, 04:23 PM
hfnico, you should be a salesman.

Yas9000m, after wanting them so bad.. Got them and the 2000h in 2 consecutive runs... here is my sum up of the more sought after mechguns. (and a couple that aren't).

Red mechguns : I like them but the special pretty much sucks. good power but fairly plain mechguns. they do what other mechguns do but they are solid red.

Yasminkov9000m : Range is awesome, under S/D it seems they power up better than other mechs. as do other yasminkov guns. (I have all of them short of 3000, due to FS.)

Charge Vulcans with above %45 hit : personally, with rangers, there is no difference between these using special and the red mechguns with high percents on a stat. But with hunters... ohhhh with hunters. 9 hits x 900 with mag S/D on a lvl:118 HUcast ... watch out.

M&A60 Vise : fairly decent low level guns, but
these are the only mechguns (rares) that have beserk, short of using S-Rank mechs with beserk which I tried and it didn't work too hot.

S-Rank Mechs : on max grind, these mechs, stat-wise, are the strongest mechguns when Un-S/D'd lol. 'd'd'd. plus you can add whatever offered special on them.. such as kings, beserk.. but, alas, no charge. (crappy... would be strongest gun in game)

Thats pretty much it. Really, the only mechs worth mentioning that are easily available to find.
I won't even BOTHER going into guld milla, I doubt you'll ever find one, and if you do, you have been playing this game too long. Ultimately, in the end, I believe aside from the S-Rank, the YAS9000m coupled with charge vulcans are the 2 best mechguns in the game, again, this is if you believe the guld milla doesn't exist to you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-20 14:28 ]</font>

SJ
Jul 20, 2004, 04:57 PM
But then when I play with a ramar (mate not me) with frozen shooter, spread needle, srank shot with zalure, charge vulcans, srank twin spirit special I just think, why am I here?
With just charge Vulcan or spirt twin on a ramar (beresk for racast) they can rip apart anything...1500 damage every hit with lv 15sd...

digigram
Jul 20, 2004, 05:05 PM
I have a hard time believing that with a ramar.. perhaps at level 200.

SJ
Jul 20, 2004, 05:13 PM
194....max atp...legit though XD

lain2k3
Jul 21, 2004, 10:26 AM
All mechguns kick ass, except for L&K14's. Those are bitchin' ugly. =o

And Guld Milla does not have handgun range, Guld milla range is just below that of a shot.

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2004, 10:30 AM
RAmarl + Yasminkov 9000M = Sex.

I don't really need to say anything else, do I? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yas9kM is good in Tower, too.

And on a max ATP RAcast with S/D... @_@ *shudder* RAcast has 3rd highest max ATP in the game...

Myopathy
Jul 21, 2004, 11:21 AM
I have a fully-grinded S-Rank mech with no special, and it works fine for me. It can actually be very powerful. I'm currently looking for a pair of 50 Hit Charge Vulcans for my HUnewearl, but I'm not high level enough to buy it from the shop. I've played with a Yask9K before and that rifle range can truly be very useful. It amazed me every time I use it just how long rifle range really is. Anyway, I'll have to find a Purplenum sometime since they are very cool.