PDA

View Full Version : Am I being over sensitive?

Gnarled_rose
Jul 19, 2004, 08:53 PM
Now....I'm sure everyone who regularly checks this forum is tired of teenage boys griping/complaining about teenage girls.
Any of you now present, this one isn't any different.

See, I've got this friend *Waits for everyone to stop looking so surprised.* and she's great, don't get me wrong. She's pretty much everything I like, and a few things I didn't know I liked until I met her.
Now, we're pretty good friends, or so I think. At the very least, we know how to cheer the other person up and how to keep 'em happy. And we've always gotten along great, even through the "trials and tribulations" of jr. high and growing up in general. We keep in almost constant contact through IM and email.
Now...I've noticed a few things. Well, one thing. She seems to have this...thing about telling me stuff. A few weeks ago, she went in to get her tonsils removed, and when I asked her about it, she pretended like she didn't know what kind of surgery she was going for. I was okay with that, though....I guess.
What really burns my biscuit is her most recent thing...Now, she's moving across the country, I haven't seen her since Christmas, and everyone she knows here is very excited about it all. Now...she never specifically told me when she was moving, and I could respect that. That was easy enough...
BUT she covered up the actual date with a flimsy lie and compound this all onto the fact that I've had to figure all this out for myself...I mean, I'm disappointed (in her and myself), but I love her to buttons. Always have, always will...
I dunno, I guess I'm just looking to vent here. Any kind of supportive comment would be helpful.
I'm planning on seeing her on the 24th, and I should have most/all my thoughts together by the 25th.

P.S. It might help to add that she never has and still does not have any kind of romantic feeling toward me. It's a very one-way relationship, but I've done a good job of keeping my distance.

Firocket1690
Jul 19, 2004, 09:09 PM
It'll also help if you fix your dates.

I'm planning on seeing her on the 24th, and I should have most/all my thoughts together by the 25th.
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Edit: er.. I thought you meant you'd think about it
("it" as in what to say) then talk to her on 24th

Confusing. >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2004-07-19 20:17 ]</font>

Sef
Jul 19, 2004, 09:17 PM
Maybe he'll get something accomplished by talking to her on the 24th? Then make some sort of decision on the 25th?

I can sort of almost relate to you there.

Did she say she doesn't have any romantic feelings? Or do you just think by the way she acts that she doesn't?

And umm, good luck to you on the 24th man. Maybe you can figure some things out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gnarled_rose
Jul 19, 2004, 11:38 PM
By getting my thoughts together, I mean I'll post a follow-up on the 25th.

Did she say she doesn't have any romantic feelings? Or do you just think by the way she acts that she doesn't?
She's told me, flat out, that she doesn't; She acts like it could go either way, though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gnarled_rose on 2004-07-20 07:36 ]</font>

Sef
Jul 26, 2004, 08:27 PM
Well Gnarled, how did it go?

digigram
Jul 26, 2004, 09:05 PM
As someone who has gone through the "teenage heart wrenching nonsense" when I was actually, a teenager. I wouldn't think anything of it.. yeah it hurts and all, but you'll soon realize that being who you are and what age you are, that things like this are inevitable..

lets say you're even 13-14-15 years old. (I went into high school early), her moving, well, simple put is totally out of your control... hell, even more out of HER control... best thing to do is go on with your life..

my advice is for the better. keep in contact with her only if she wants to keep in contact with you after she moves... ultimately in the end, if she keeps in contact with you, you should take it for what it is and feel good knowing you have a friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-07-26 19:06 ]</font>

WraithVerge
Jul 29, 2004, 02:18 AM
He's basically right. I had a friend move back to his home state of Ohio and for a few months we kept sending letters to each other. However, he was still trying to find a permanent place to stay and after the third or fourth address change we sort of lost contact... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif