PDA

View Full Version : EVP

cHaOsMaZtA
Jul 20, 2004, 09:05 PM
Two quick questions:

1. EVPs only purpose is to determine if you block an attack right?? And its partner is ATA (like DFP's partner is ATP)?? I'm 90% positive about this, but I just wanted to make sure.
2. If so, does anyone have any idea how the EVP and ATA relationship works?? I don't think any knows a specific formula, but has anyone done any testing to get an idea on how it works??

Cc08
Jul 20, 2004, 09:08 PM
1. Yes (This can be shown by taking your char from ULT to Normal. You will block more hits b/c the enemies have lower ATA)
2. No clue

excecutor
Jul 21, 2004, 01:27 AM
An interesting thing to note about blocks is that defense and low atp of the enemy can also mean a block, regardless of evp.

For example, my FOmarl, Star Light, does not yet have the evade to block attacks in online mode, even in the forest. When she debands herself, and jellens the monsters, she blocks, great because I use a regene gear adv.

Somtimes, however, I get a monster that does 0 damage, not in the forest, but in other areas with different characters.

The theory I have come up with. In regards to the forumla for damage, in the atp and dfp forumlas, when it comes up positive, you take damage. 0, you get hit for 0 damage. And when it comes up negative due to much larger defense compared to the atp, you block. *shrug*

My other theory is that jellen for some reason or other lowers the ATA of the monsters just enough to get within my fomarls blocking evade range.

Sorry for that, I thought it was related. To stay on topic, evade is the partner of ATA. Tollaws have amazing ATA, so even a very high evade character will get hit by one in online mode. I do however not know the formulas, but I know evade must be quite high for it to work effectively versus the tougher monsters out there.

heyf00L
Jul 21, 2004, 12:52 PM
Jellen lowers ATP, not ATA. Test it in battle mode or from a Gi Gue.

I don't know how it works, but EVP makes you block but as you said, Deband and Jellen make you block as well.