PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Garment found?

Gynn_Rei
Jul 21, 2004, 12:04 PM
Did anyone find a spirit garment by doing runs through the mountain area on very hard with a redria character. If you did, how many runs did it take you. I know the chance on getting one from a Gibbles is 1/46 and I've made seven runs so far.

rena-ko
Jul 21, 2004, 12:08 PM
do online vhard east tower runs then. more gibbles in there...

i for my part found 2 of them in ult temple (i think it was purplenum but i'm not sure right now), but i did tons of runs there (drop chance is 1/1000 or higher...).

Gynn_Rei
Jul 21, 2004, 12:11 PM
That's the problem, I'm offline only and I'm not planning on creating any other ID.

rena-ko
Jul 21, 2004, 12:16 PM
hm, then... pick up pso+ once its released http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

nah, 1/46 is a decent drop. vhard mountain is fun, esp since you can do mountain, gibbles, and restart. dunno, maybe you find some attribute walls on the way. very good shield.

anyway, what are you aiming for?
spirit garment's only real purpose is to make a love heart, and since youre trapped offline you cant make one anyway...
if you want an aurafield, level an oran and pipe for a mil in ult temple.
brightness circle?

well, its your choice, good luck on that. wont take long to get one.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 21, 2004, 12:31 PM
I compared the best frames and the most of them had negative sides like draining HP or TP and then I saw Brightness Circle, it might not be the best but it sure looks nice for a black black RAmarl and is among one of the best so.

Till now I'm still stuck with a stupid custom frame, the only reason why I walk around with it is to have my whole equipment list yellow to poke my friends.

Mountain is such a wonderful area. But sometimes it get's too chaotic and too cold with Zol Gibbon's Gibarta. The camera is a little lower too, and my android is just lvl 52. Though it helps to have 3 god/powers a god/body and a final impact with good percentages.

What do you mean by those attribute walls? I already managed to get a Star Amplifier from a friend so. I still need to persuade him in giving me a Standstill Shield. It isn't working that well since I told him it's the best or at least one of the best and he wants a cool frame in return.

Edit: I hope they will release it soon in the netherlands.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gynn_Rei on 2004-07-21 10:34 ]</font>

rena-ko
Jul 21, 2004, 02:17 PM
ah, netherlands... that might take a while ^-^;; if ever..

attribute wall is a very nice shield. the good point at it is that it only requires a low level and gives 30 in fire ice and shock resistance. good for bossfights - DF for example.

attribute wall is, given you have a ... viridia just a matter of 1 hour or so to get - pipe it from mils in temple.
you should trade something in that doesnt come from pipeable rare enemies, actually.

an oran char wouldnt just allow you to pipe aura fields (best armor for non-bots with a level of 152 or more) but also finds you brightness cycles.

and keep in mind that a made armor is the weakest you can get. a found one can have way better stats or comes with slots.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 21, 2004, 03:39 PM
PSO+ is not a must, just a collectors item to my opinion, when I can finally get it... I will.

I love the resistance on that thing, though looking at the standstill shield. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My friend just won't give it. I know I can pipe it all myself but I don't have the energy to build up a new character. Currently fighting with 4 and I don't want one more. Don't have another memorycard either.

If you make a brightness circle out of a spirit garment and a star amplifier you will keep the slots that the spirit garment already has, right? It doesn't matter if you have a good or bad spirit garment because the item database says the brightness circle always gives 230 dfp??? And about those slots, I don't really bother. I've been hunting for those add slots, got enough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gynn_Rei on 2004-07-21 14:04 ]</font>

Shintaro04
Jul 21, 2004, 11:55 PM
I got 2 of them in about 15 Runs, but not slots at all.
Good Luck! you will get it unfuturely, it's only time cosuming.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shintaro04 on 2004-07-21 21:56 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jul 22, 2004, 04:16 AM
Definately go for the gibbles very hard runs (if offline). I got a Stink Frame from a Gi-Gue with my greenill (also 1/46 rate) in about 15-20 runs, just did like 5 runs a day for a few days. you should be able to find a spirit garment pretty quickly.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 22, 2004, 04:33 AM
I've currently got twelve runs. So I'm expecting one soon. Thanks really much. After I'm going to look for an angel harp with my skyly humar of 123. Thanks to the godpowers and powermats he's very strong. With S/D and the sange his atp is 2323. I was so foolish to complete fake in yellow, now i have to everything!

I won't get a bad version of a brightness circle right? because you can't get a lower dfp one right?

Edit: one run with my racast takes me 15 minutes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gynn_Rei on 2004-07-22 02:34 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Jul 22, 2004, 11:43 AM
I got one offline last year after only 10 - 12 runs in offline multiplayer. Didn't have to call it, either. I was doing it with 2 of my own characters, so you could say I was really playing with myself. >_<
Ok, forget I just said that.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 22, 2004, 02:52 PM
If you are a female, I can of find that attractive. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Made 21 runs and haven't found 1 yet.

*blerg*

RedXII
Jul 22, 2004, 09:01 PM
Man, I had horrible luck with that armor, I did more then 46 runs in that mountain area and never found one.

Then I did a few runs in the purplenum Vhard temple and got one. Try it that way if you feel like it.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 03:14 AM
I'll just do around 60 runs, I'm currently at 30. My first bump in to a hildebear on vhard gave a custom frame, chance was 1/44. I'll take the chance and go on. Maybe because I played together with my friend a few times and he let me die that changed my luck somehow. I really don't know.

iamfanboy
Jul 23, 2004, 04:11 AM
It took me 52 offline Jungle runs to get my first Madam's Umbrella from a Maricarol. 1/46 chance, just happened to take me 52 tries.

Then, when I first get online, I decide to see what all this stuff is about the Tower, and lo, my second umbrella drops from the first 'carol in the tower!

So, be patient. 1/46 drops happen, and happen pretty damn often. Especially compared to 1/901 drops, or 1/788 drops, or 1/12k drops...

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 07:03 AM
I know, chances can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. At the moment I'm at 38 runs. Mathematicly seen my chance is 78% to get one on the 39th run.

Superguppie
Jul 23, 2004, 07:05 AM
No it isn't. Mathematicaly the chance of getting it in run 39 is the same as getting it in run 1. What you probably mean is that chances of getting one in 39 runs is 78%, which is something completely different.

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 07:14 AM
Yes, that's what I mean. It just gives me good hope.

Superguppie
Jul 23, 2004, 07:33 AM
grin. That's a feeling I know. Hasn't helped me much, but has kept me playing...

Blue-Hawk
Jul 23, 2004, 08:40 AM
On 2004-07-23 02:11, iamfanboy wrote:
It took me 52 offline Jungle runs to get my first Madam's Umbrella from a Maricarol. 1/46 chance, just happened to take me 52 tries.

Then, when I first get online, I decide to see what all this stuff is about the Tower, and lo, my second umbrella drops from the first 'carol in the tower!

So, be patient. 1/46 drops happen, and happen pretty damn often. Especially compared to 1/901 drops, or 1/788 drops, or 1/12k drops...

O_O
Oh well. My pinkal has had worse luck with that same weapon. 70+ vhard Delbiters. >_<

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 09:34 AM
Arg, 50 runs,

Sings...

*I just aint seen nothing yet... tummm... tummm... ba ba baby...*

Azbats
Jul 23, 2004, 10:19 AM
Ok this is gonna piss you right off. I have a Redria character which i use offline as well and I read this thread yesterday.

So I thought oh ok, I'll do a Mountain run to see what happens. I get all the way to the end Gibbles has a go at we. I put it over my knee and give it a right good hiding and BINGO. Red Box = Spirit Garment, 1 slot.

1st time lucky I guess http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 12:41 PM
*Shoots off Azbats' head with his new found Frozen Shooter*

Got bored of doing all does runs so I thought, what the heck. Went telepiping for a Hildetorr, it took me two and fifty minutes.

I'm currently on 52 runs. Oof

Frozen Shooter kinda sucks, my Justy is far stronger and has 20% on a.beast and hit. Frozen Shooter has 35% on a.beast though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gynn_Rei on 2004-07-23 10:42 ]</font>

tennis_guy
Jul 23, 2004, 12:48 PM
trust me, the frozen shooter will be one of your most useful weapons, EVER, as a ranger. Just wait till you get 3 Indi Belras shooting your face off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tennis_guy on 2004-07-23 10:49 ]</font>

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 12:51 PM
Let me guess, the freeze special is as good as the description says?

heyf00L
Jul 23, 2004, 12:55 PM
I've found a couple Spirit Garments from Gibbles. I always just played Tower. You can get them real quick. Well good luck with the mountain. D;

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 12:56 PM
Thanks, to get back to the frozen shooter:

*Jumps up and down like a Gibbles*

Astonishing!

Azbats
Jul 23, 2004, 03:54 PM
On 2004-07-23 10:41, Gynn_Rei wrote:
*Shoots off Azbats' head with his new found Frozen Shooter*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gynn_Rei on 2004-07-23 10:42 ]</font>

Ha ha ha. Don't shoot the messenger, i was just saying that's all. LMAO.

Anyhoooo, the Frozen Shooter is a weapon that you'll take to bed with you. And also features in my new Fan Fic "The Chronicles of Coral" so get reading it people and tell me what you think of it on the forum there.

[man I am getting too good at this shameless plugging ]

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 03:59 PM
Nap time now, More runs to do tomorrow.