PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: Naming Names

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 01:37 PM
So I set up a schematic which including remaking some characters that I was unhappy with to give me 12 characters, one of each type and all section ids.

I then used the section id calculator to create the names that I liked and that would give me the section ids I was looking for.

When I tried to create the character, however, certain names would not work - the button to select "ok" kept throwing me back to the character's name which was then erased.

The names that the program would not accept included:
"**Shooter!**," "Shiva," and "Killer Queen."

Anyone know why those names wouldn't work. I tried Shiva multiple times: S (okay), Sh (okay), Shi (okay), Shiv (okay), Shiva (no), Shiva! (no), *Shiva* (no), SHIVA (no), etc... Same thing with multiple variations on Shooter.

I had to use "007," "Ceili," and "Ice" to get the section ids I wanted.

Anyone know why "Shiva" and "Shooter" don't work?

Corey
Jul 21, 2004, 01:43 PM
**Shooter!**
Greenil

Shiva
Oran

Killer Queen
Bluefull

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 01:52 PM
Corey,

I know that's what those names are supposed to generate in terms of section id's - I was actually looking for:
**Shooter!** = Greenil Ramar
Shiva!!! = Redria Fomarl
Killer Queen = Blueful Hunewearl

But, at the bottom of the character creation page, when you go to select okay or confirm, it would not allow the button to be selected with those names listed above. I had to go back to the name selection option each time and redo the name. Despite multiple efforts, "Shooter," "Shiva" and "Killer Queen" do not work in producing any id.

That's what I can't figure out.

Corey
Jul 21, 2004, 01:54 PM
I dunno, works for me everytime though : /
Maybe it's your browser?

gream-green
Jul 21, 2004, 02:02 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-21 13:01 ]</font>

gream-green
Jul 21, 2004, 02:03 PM
On 2004-07-21 12:02, gream-green wrote:
[quote]
On 2004-07-21 11:37, Sitka wrote:
So I set up a schematic which including remaking some characters that I was unhappy with to give me 12 characters, one of each type and all section ids.

I then used the section id calculator to create the names that I liked and that would give me the section ids I was looking for.

When I tried to create the character, however, certain names would not work - the button to select "ok" kept throwing me back to the character's name which was then erased.

The names that the program would not accept included:
"**Shooter!**," "Shiva," and "Killer Queen."

Anyone know why those names wouldn't work. I tried Shiva multiple times: S (okay), Sh (okay), Shi (okay), Shiv (okay), Shiva (no), Shiva! (no), *Shiva* (no), SHIVA (no), etc... Same thing with multiple variations on Shooter.

I had to use "007," "Ceili," and "Ice" to get the section ids I wanted.

Anyone know why "Shiva" and "Shooter" don't work?

He means in the game I think? Yea some names are banned on PSOX like God, for instance, you can be God. but not God -Shiva is Hindu for god or at least a god...so there ya go. Shooter is perverted dude and just banned. Killer Queen should work but may not becasue of the word "killer" I am not sure. You could probably be; Sheeva, and Miller Queen though. LOL.

or Shiva. and Killer.Queen or Killer-Queen or Killer/Queen or Killher Queen I dunno.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-21 12:04 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 02:25 PM
"Miller Queen" might work for Big Boy - what do you think Gream? A big, fat, pink Hucast. Everybody bitches about poor Big Boy stealing their mates on c-mode, but the poor guy has to eat, right?

Damn, I liked the idea of Shiva!!!; the ice bitch Fomarl. Just kinda worked - oh well, "Ceili" isn't too bad, an Irish Dancing Fomarl. Kinda matches her sprint attempt.

"Ice" works okay for the Blueful Hunewearl = Rabarta caster plus Heart of Poumn to match her white outfit.
Watch out boys she'll chew you up - cold as ice.

"Shooter" is perverse? and 007 isn't? Oh well, I'm not a big Ramar fan and this will be the last character I will develop - long after the other 11. So there's plenty of time to change my mind again - I just wanted the Greenil id and that was the last character type I had not yet developed. I wish there was at least one decent outfit to choose for the damn Ramar (flame retardent sprayed). I guess their crappy outfit choices are made to allow for the way they "spray" their shifta and deband, eh?

gream-green
Jul 21, 2004, 03:04 PM
Yes shooter is perverted and 007 is not, man you are making me feel like I have a really dirty mind but whatever...<shakes his head at that idiot Gream Green for double-posting> I like Miller Queen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-21 13:04 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 21, 2004, 03:14 PM
just a thought...

don't know if you've made a name before using the word "queen", but it's possible that "queen" is blocked and not "killer". at the very least, i'd be surprised to find that "killer" was blocked and not "queen" considering that the latter can be used as a derogatory term.

EDIT: just tested it on my xbox (curiousity rapidly got the better of me) and "queen" is in fact the offending word. "killer" works just fine. but there is potentially good news: "killerqueen" does work. don't know if that helps now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-21 13:21 ]</font>

gream-green
Jul 21, 2004, 03:23 PM
As soon as I saw your post I was like yup, thats it. Thanks I was wondering about why Killer would not work.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2004-07-21 13:52 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 21, 2004, 05:58 PM
It's not 'Shooter', it's the 'hooter' in it. Kind of like the 'turd' in Saturday.

PSO's autocensor is really, really stupid. >_>;

Sitka
Jul 21, 2004, 06:10 PM
Now that's funny.

Kind of like Tweedle-dee and Tweedle-dum, the two official government censors from "Good Morning Vietnam!"

Hey wait a minute, aren't they working for our government in Iraq?