PDA

View Full Version : torr hunt!

Tycho
Jul 21, 2004, 06:26 PM
i was piping w/ my L100 hune for hildes, i found that for chara that aren't immune to hilde-punch and gizonde it's easier to pipe from just outside of the room, so you won't aggro them.

btw, you know two of the four hildes come falling from the air every time? its bc theyre piping players =), theyre waiting till there's one with nice rares four them to beat up.

oh, and i found a frozen shooter on my fourth torr. ^ ^;

Zack_H
Jul 21, 2004, 06:41 PM
Nice find, took me 11 Torrs.

Skorpius
Jul 21, 2004, 06:42 PM
Congrats.
My Bluefull missed out on this Heaven's Punisher...

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v31/Snapshots/Enemies/Hildeowned.png

And for my Purplenum and Yellowboze, it took me only one each to get thier Shooters... o.O;
This game has strange luck sometimes -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-07-21 16:43 ]</font>

Zack_H
Jul 21, 2004, 06:49 PM
On 2004-07-21 16:42, Skorpius wrote:
Congrats.

And for my Purplenum and Yellowboze, it took me only one each to get thier Shooters... o.O;

This Message was edited by: Skorpius

Mean Torrs. I think i died like twice when piping them.

Jason
Jul 21, 2004, 08:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Frozen Shooter? Yes, congratulations. I would love one to death if I have a ranger of my own... Right now I'm still piping for Hildetorrs for 2 Syncestas. Still haven't got one. See my sig.

Read ahead if you want to know how to pipe for a Hildetorr with 8 Hildelts:

1. Enter a quest of Forest of Sorrow.

2. Fight your way to Forest 2.

3. In Forest 2 when a first Hildelt appeared, ignore it.

4. While ignoring that Hildelt, go to the baby Hildelt.

5. The door will be unlocked when you meet the baby Hildelt.

6. With now one Hildelt roaming alive, leave it and go on to the next room.

7. Kill that Hildelt there.

8. Now go ahead in the next big room.

9. Right there, one Hildelt will appear. Kill it. If another one appeared after this one before you killed it, leave that one alone.

10. Do not kill the one that appeared second in that room.

11. Kill the rest of the enemies leaving one Hildelt alone.

12. Two more Hildelts will appear. Kill those 2, and still leave that 1 Hildelt alone.

13. When doors got unlocked, enter the room through the blue lasers.

14. Two Hildelts will appear in that room. Leave that room.

15. Now run your way to the room where the baby Hildelt now is.

16. There are two Hildelts in that room. Run in the middle of that room, a third one will appear.

17. Kill that one that appeared, leaving the other two alone.

18. When that one is killed, another will appear. Kill that one, still leave those 2 other Hildelts alone.

19. Now two more will appear, making this room having 4 Hildelts.

20. Exit that room and start your piping outside of that room.

You can now pipe 8 Hildelts for a Hildetorr. If you did all the methods above correctly, it should be like this: one Hildelt that first appears in Forest 2; one in the big room; two in the room beyond the blue lasers; and four in the last room where the baby Hildelt is in the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-21 18:29 ]</font>

Tycho
Jul 21, 2004, 08:04 PM
that kinda sucks, dying at a torr. =(
every time i saw one with my hune, it was like "kay, 4 scapedolls ready, equip 4 resist devils, and cast S/D." xD

Jason
Jul 21, 2004, 08:07 PM
Hey Tycho, I posted before your recent post. You may like it.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 21, 2004, 08:11 PM
On 2004-07-21 18:03, Jason wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Frozen Shooter? Yes, congratulations. I would love one to death if I have a ranger of my own... Right now I'm still piping for Hildetorrs for 2 Syncestas. Still haven't got one. See my sig.

Read ahead if you want to know how to pipe for a Hildetorr with 8 Hildelts:

METHOD TO GET 8 TORRS CUT SHORT TO SAVE SPACE

You can now pipe 8 Hildelts for a Hildetorr. If you did all the methods above correctly, it should be like this: one Hildelt that first appears in Forest 2; one in the big room; two in the room beyond the blue lasers; and four in the last room where the baby Hildelt is in the end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2004-07-21 18:06 ]</font>

surely its quicker to just pipe twice for 8 torrs than go to where you can see the others?

Jason
Jul 21, 2004, 08:46 PM
Tycho, I made a little error in the method. I editted and fixed it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Akulamenuri
Jul 21, 2004, 09:29 PM
You dont have to fight to get to Forest 2. The area where the Bartles are, the gate is already open http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akulamenuri on 2004-07-21 19:30 ]</font>

Tycho
Jul 22, 2004, 12:05 AM
@Akulamenuri: bartles? i always go the other way in F1 =), all i kill is gulguses (gulgi?).

@Jason: cool, do you know a secret way for other rare monsters? xD
but erm - -;, i dont really understand this one.. i get how you got all those hildes (btw, wasn't there another hilde in one of the small rooms?, hard to explain which room tho), but they're still not in the same room. do you mean you'll walk through whole F2 after every time you return from P2? O_o;;

Shintaro04
Jul 22, 2004, 12:20 AM
On 2004-07-21 16:49, Zack_H wrote:

On 2004-07-21 16:42, Skorpius wrote:
Congrats.

This Message was edited by: Skorpius

Mean Torrs. I think i died like twice when piping them.

I died once during my Redria Piping, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif It could of be my Magic Rock "Iritisat" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif

Evergea
Jul 22, 2004, 06:19 AM
I'm a bit new to GC and the piping concept, but if Heat Sword is still the same as it was before, there is an area you can find two and another area you can find (right at the end) four hildelts.

It's that same place that I saw my only Hildetorr. Well, that was AFTER I saw megid fly by and kill my character. I've vowed revenge on the Torrs since.

Azbats
Jul 22, 2004, 06:29 AM
I know i may be preaching to the converted but when piping for rare monsters ALWAYS take at least one scape doll.

Most of the rare monsters in ULT spit Megid or some nasty filth like that, so it avoids the disappointment of having your teeth rammed to the back of your skull.

Oh and if you love Torr then PLEASE check out my fan fic called THE CHRONILES OF CORAL, I need your feedback people

[phew... another successful shameless plug]

Ketchup345
Jul 22, 2004, 08:50 AM
On 2004-07-21 22:05, Tycho wrote:
@Jason: cool, do you know a secret way for other rare monsters? xD
but erm - -;, i dont really understand this one.. i get how you got all those hildes (btw, wasn't there another hilde in one of the small rooms?, hard to explain which room tho), but they're still not in the same room. do you mean you'll walk through whole F2 after every time you return from P2? O_o;;

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=61

Butoden
Jul 22, 2004, 10:29 AM
The 8 Hildelts telepipe method sucks. You spend more time going to the rooms than it will take you to simply telepipe back and forth twice! You're better off killing every Hildelt you find and start the quest again.

Superguppie
Jul 22, 2004, 10:32 AM
If I remember correctly, there is another Hildelt in the room on the north of the big room that leads to the last room. The walls of the room are the plateau with the entrance of central dome. That would make for 9.
Still, I think running around F2 to check all of'em takes more time than normal piping on 4...
And I like Butodens suggestion too. Chances for a Hildetorr, and some nice EXP. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-07-22 08:34 ]</font>

Nazo
Jul 22, 2004, 11:26 AM
OK, having piped like a madman for Al rappies (having once been interested in a Elysion), I've come to absolutely HATE it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But that's not what I want to say. Its terribly boring to sit there and pipe, not getting the torrs; what I'm saying is, though 8 delts sit around, wouldn't it be rather tedious having to go around to each room to check if they'd morphed? Wouldn't it be a lot more convinient to either:

a) Just re-do the quests over, since there's bears all over the map, or

b) pipe for just 4 in one place?

I understand that the 8 method is probably higher in chance... technically, but I still think that someone hoping to get at one will take hours in average, and it may be less tiring just to ryuker+go up, then go back down, and repeat.

Just curious for feedback from more experienced pipers.

Tycho
Jul 22, 2004, 11:55 AM
so, the 4 thing is still the best. i still wanna search for agito's on my foney, but erm.. i'm not doing regular fake in yellow runs, if i wanna train i'll just do ttf's...

Jason
Jul 22, 2004, 12:58 PM
On 2004-07-22 08:29, Butoden wrote:
The 8 Hildelts telepipe method sucks. You spend more time going to the rooms than it will take you to simply telepipe back and forth twice! You're better off killing every Hildelt you find and start the quest again.

It doesn't take as long as you think to observe the 8 Hildelts. You can see one Hildelt in another room from one room instead of running all the way over there (the room with a "door" of lasers, that's the room you can see a Hildelt from another room beyond).

Gynn_Rei
Jul 23, 2004, 09:54 AM
My first run in to hildetorr was quit lucky, forest of sorrow, I walked into the room where you can get 4 hildelts. One was already a Torr. I killed it but didn't drop me a thing. Didn't shoot megid at me.

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 01:26 PM
Alright, take it from a Hildetorr hunter, this is how you do it:

Episode 1, use a frozen shooter and bring your traps on your Racast/Racaseal. Forest of Sorrow, run towards the laser fence in the final room. I've been able to produce all six Hidelts in that room using this method - was it a glitch? maybe. Is my mind failing to remember properly? good chance. But I swear, it happened for me. Piping six Hidelts sounds better than piping two Hidelts to me. Even if you can't get all six to show, you'll get four for sure.

On xbox, load the Swirling Fire Dome quest from the Episode II ship offline. You'll get four Hidelts in the final room that you can pipe for Ep. II Hildetorr's - again, much better than piping one or two.

Online, you can do Lost Heat Sword quests which aren't bad or - if you can handle all the annoying mini-quests in the beginning - try Rappies Holiday - you'll get a crapton of Hidelts and with enough attemps, you'll be sure to get some Hildetorrs. Try and beat my moonglow ball catching record of 29 or my ss-rank chicken run! Oh, uh, watch out for Hell fire!!!!

When you do get your Hildetorr, freeze it immediately with your frozen shooter or traps or magic or whatever you've got, because with level 100 megid, you aren't going to survive if he hits you. Or, you can do like me, and wear a Delsaber's Shield, Brightness Circle and 4 x Devil Resists - and laugh at the purple cloud. Ha Ha Ha. I've also used confuse traps very effectively on Hildetorrs and sat back laughing as the other Hildelts beat the crap out of it and forced it to cough up the shiny red prize.

Of course, this is how my Racast does it.

Sitka Blue D - Hildetorr professional hunter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2004-07-23 19:54 ]</font>

Tycho
Jul 23, 2004, 10:01 PM
On 2004-07-23 11:26, Sitka wrote:
Alright, take it from a Hildetorr hunter, this is how you do it:

Episode 1, use a frozen shooter and bring your traps on your Racast/Racaseal. Forest of Sorrow, run towards the laser fence in the final room. I've been able to produce all six Hidelts in that room using this method - was it a glitch? maybe. Is my mind failing to remember properly? good chance. But I swear, it happened for me. Piping six Hidelts sounds better than piping two Hidelts to me. Even if you can't get all six to show, you'll get four for sure.

On xbox, load the Swirling Fire Dome quest from the Episode II ship offline. You'll get three Hidelts in the final room that you can pipe for Ep. II Hildetorr's - again, much better than piping one or two.

Online, you can do Lost Heat Sword quests which aren't bad or - if you can handle all the annoying mini-quests in the beginning - try Rappies Holiday - you'll get a crapton of Hidelts and with enough attemps, you'll be sure to get some Hildetorrs. Try and beat my moonglow ball catching record of 29 or my ss-rank chicken run! Oh, uh, watch out for Hell fire!!!!

When you do get your Hildetorr, freeze it immediately with your frozen shooter or traps or magic or whatever you've got, because with level 100 megid, you aren't going to survive if he hits you. Or, you can do like me, and wear a Delsaber's Shield, Brightness Circle and 4 x Devil Resists - and laugh at the purple cloud. Ha Ha Ha. I've also used confuse traps very effectively on Hildetorrs and sat back laughing as the other Hildelts beat the crap out of it and forced it to cough up the shiny red prize.

Of course, this is how my Racast does it.

Sitka Blue D - Hildetorr professional hunter.

thanks for the tips Sitka. =)
I'm not on PSO-X, so no fire-swirl thingie for me.. and offline atm, so not even online quests <_<. In the glowball catch thingie, I thought I had like 40 or 35 O_o;. try and get at least 30 every time, then you'll get 20 instead of 15 points (were those numbers right?). I practiced that game a bit, to get the max points (250), you'll get a cool animation at 250.
chickenrace.. wow =), how do you do that... i should practice that as well actually, need to get S-rank in it every time i wanna get a heart of poumn in the quest. if the percents are crappy i reset (make sure i got nothing major on me), so i can retry.. damned chicken race, have to do it every time. =)

Oh, I'm neither an android nor a ranger. xP
So no traps for me, and my two newearls can't wear my frozen shooter either.. I don't die at torrs btw, i use resists as well, and scapes and resta. ^-^;
For my next chara if I'm to make one, I am considering a caseal though, but I'm still not sure which one, I like both.

But I guess my newearls have another advantage besides spells; tp recovery. Ryuker is practically free, so I regain my tp faster than I could spend it. ^ ^;
For foneys the torrs and hildelts are annoying with their resistances.., my L103 huney kicks them with her 50h charge assaults xD, if I'm not unlucky they're dead in one combo with normal attacks.

Oh btw, should say this in your topic on the shots versus pofuilly slimes, but i found mechs work pretty as well, you can the thing to duplicate into three slimes. It's still not four, alas, but at least it's something. Another advantage: mechguns have crap stats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Last but not least: did you try to recreate the 6 hildelt situation? If you could, I think it could be really valuable for everyone.

Again, thanks for the input. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sitka
Jul 23, 2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the response Tycho

I realize that the strategy that works for my Racast may not be ideal for other chars; it's just what works for Sitka Blue D.

So your insights are valuable to me.

As for recreating the six hidelt appearance, I am going to try and do that his weekend and see if I can do it or if I was smoking something last time it happened.

Tycho
Jul 23, 2004, 11:49 PM
I'm looking forward to it. With 6 hildes, it would only take an average of 85 1/3 pipes, instead of the usual 128.
Lol, my foney's got a secret weapon that makes her near invincible. Her crappt defense xD, I always get bashed to the ground, so that I'm invincible for a sec so I can safely heal and cast at least once more before I get smashed flat again.

I wanted to have something comparable for my hune... I wanna get 3 PB/creates for her by the time I can hunt my own Jack-o-Lantern so that my mag will be a 188 POW Sonichi. Then I'll get the synch back from 0 to 120. That way she should be able to recharge her PB in no time after every PB. If it works the mag will make me invincible a good part of the time, since Sonichi is one of the invincibility mags.. Maybe I'll get a Sato later on or something with Dex as well. I hate the fact everyone online uses Sonichi, and it doesn't look nice either.

Jason
Jul 24, 2004, 10:41 AM
Soniti doesn't look nice...? I love mine.

Tycho
Jul 24, 2004, 10:52 AM
lol. im gonna make two, my huney gets one with a black ass, foney one with a pink ass. >_>

NAD13
Jul 24, 2004, 01:01 PM
i found out hildetorrs shoot megid the hard way hehehe ,i found 2 frozen shooters in a row after that ( one with 25 hit!)

Sitka
Jul 24, 2004, 03:49 PM
Well, I WAS smoking something last time.

I ran FOS a few times this weekend and the best I could do in the final room was three hidelts at once - there wasn't even a laser fence in the final room. Sheesh!

Anyway, still love the four hidelt opportunity in the final room of Central Dome Fire Swirl for either Episode I or Episode II Hildetorr's - that's the best one to pipe IMHO. That is, if you have xbox.

As I posted in another thread, the Episode II download for the CDFS quest also allows other episode II drops (got justy off of Skyly El Rappy), I just want to know what the melqueeks are going to drop.

Tycho
Jul 24, 2004, 09:00 PM
Hm, too bad, it could've been a good way. You dan do CDFS in ep2 too? cool. Actually I never piped the ep2 torrs before, but with still not a single download quest for GC, let alone for ep2, my best chance for ep2 torrs would be piping to hildes.. and for piping ep2 stuff I always have to restart to get the right map variation <_<;,
They really should have more ep2 quests. Even if ep2 was harder than ep1, by the timed we leveled in ep1 already it was done in a sec, with only those four levels..
Pso+ is probably hell though, I don't really feel like doing single player towers runs, online it's hard enough already. "Oo yay, offline the enemies are a tad weaker."
Hope that way Meric****'s woudldn't insta-kill me.. -_-;
aw well, my pinkal ep2 rare enemies drops aren't too great anyways.

Swan
Jul 25, 2004, 05:48 PM
I'll just come out and say it-- I hate your luck.