PDA

View Full Version : I got lectured by a super-legit again.

LoreSeeker
Jul 21, 2004, 10:50 PM
Well, my good old friend (the term friend is used loosely here) is a super-legit and like to think that he's better than everyone else. If you read my last rant, he's one of those guys, not gonna say the name though because that might not be good. So anyway, I was getting ready to make a trade for this Demo Comet with one guy, and it had some crazy percents, so I wanted to check with Mr. Super-Legit to see if it was a common dupe. I started talking with Mr. Super-Legit and he, being the asshole that he is, decided that I'm not worthwhile to talk to and I shouldn't be trading for a legit Demo Comet anyway because I'm not legit. I promptly told him that the character was going to get it is legit, at which point I was informed that I wasn't legit. Whoa.

I said that this character was 100% legit, and as such, I wanted to use a legit weapon. Even so, Mr. Super-Legit stuck with his trend of setting new standards for stupidity and told me that because some of my characters aren't legit, none of them can possibly legit. What the hell? That's as bizarre as saying that if you see a non-legit in a lobby you have lost your legitimacy.

Am I just being crazy, or is this guy a total idiot?

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 21, 2004, 11:09 PM
Yes that guy was being an idiot. Your mental health has nothing to do with it. Some super-legits(okay most...)seem to have a thing for being overly judgemental almost like puritans. They make it seem like you're evil or sub-human for having just one or 2 dupes. Actually I'm suprised this person was actually a friend for a while. If he's any of those super-legits who think cheaters are all idiots it's a miracle he would have stayed in any games with you.

In any event, this guy was just being too judgemental to the point of not thinking things through. You were prepared to make a fair trade and that's all that should matter. Whether you're legit or not is not important, it was going to be a fair trade right?

Some super-legits have no idea what they're talking about anyway. They've never gotten their hands on or even have any idea what percents are on common dupes and such. If you wanted to know if the item was a common dupe you probably should have consulted a known duper.

WraithVerge
Jul 22, 2004, 12:25 AM
you probably should have consulted a known duper.

Like my cousin! .... >_> .... <_< ..... you didn't hear that from me.

------------------

Seriously though, one way to be safe about legit things is to find it yourself. All you have is that person's word that it is legit.

Myopathy
Jul 22, 2004, 12:53 AM
On 2004-07-21 20:50, LoreSeeker wrote:
Well, my good old friend (the term friend is used loosely here) is a super-legit and like to think that he's better than everyone else. If you read my last rant, he's one of those guys, not gonna say the name though because that might not be good. So anyway, I was getting ready to make a trade for this Demo Comet with one guy, and it had some crazy percents, so I wanted to check with Mr. Super-Legit to see if it was a common dupe. I started talking with Mr. Super-Legit and he, being the asshole that he is, decided that I'm not worthwhile to talk to and I shouldn't be trading for a legit Demo Comet anyway because I'm not legit. I promptly told him that the character was going to get it is legit, at which point I was informed that I wasn't legit. Whoa.

I said that this character was 100% legit, and as such, I wanted to use a legit weapon. Even so, Mr. Super-Legit stuck with his trend of setting new standards for stupidity and told me that because some of my characters aren't legit, none of them can possibly legit. What the hell? That's as bizarre as saying that if you see a non-legit in a lobby you have lost your legitimacy.

Am I just being crazy, or is this guy a total idiot?

Huh? What? Who the fuck cares what your friend thinks? Just keep in mind uber-legits are spotfree when it comes to cheating, but they lack a very important aspect: reason. They have this notion that whatever they think is right, no matter what, and no matter how stupid it is. Anyway, just ignore the guy and trade based on if you think it's legit or not. I personally would just go and hunt down your own Demo Comet, they're not that hard to get. If your friend ever states some dumbass third-grader opinion like that again, just tell him to shut the fuck up and that his opinion doesn't mean shit. Then PM me, and I'll get online and tell him to shut the fuck up and that his opinion doesn't mean shit.

Zzzzzz
Jul 22, 2004, 01:40 AM
Let's just pretend, just pretend, that you were lying when you said you were a legit, yet you had all the evidence that you where non-legit hidden away.
Yeah, I'd still consider that uber-legit guy an arsehole.

Armok
Jul 22, 2004, 05:06 AM
This is my opinion and comes from a total play time on pso of over 2000 hrs. Most of which was spent legitimatly raising characters.

These Suba Legits they all dickheads. Despite not using any kind of dupe/cheats on my online char I refuse to be associated with them.

Firstly most of them are stupidily low levels (80-120). Why the fuck would I wanna play with some one who firstly only has 1 id in ult and secondly will get wasted if we do any of the difficult quests.

Secondly most of them have played only about 200hrs total and are yet to have been exposed to the 'real world'. Fuck you newbies unless you have under gone heart breaking corruption of a 700+hrs char plus you 3 other ult ones totaling 1000+hrs then still gone on from level 1 and continued to play the same legit way then you don't know what the fuck your going on about.

Thirdly most of them are lying sons of bitchs who are about as legit as my ass. Sorry but I now about this shit and it werent until I got 4 chars to lv120 did I really start to get together the ideal kit for each of my HU/RA/FO. Yet your saying that despite the fact your lv 110 you managed to find a brightness circle, buy charge mechs, get a red sword and Kasumi braclet oh and plus a mag cell made mag. Brilliant. Oh and when questioned on it you traded for them with another legit. What the hell of value could you have possibly found worth any of that stuff you lying little shit. The other percentage that aint lying will break and use dupes eventually the temptation is too big.

Only by coming through the other side by going 'yes, I have used the elite super weopons but I'd rather use my own fairly gained stuff and make my own way' are you truely legit. These subas are just misguided youths who want to look down on others whilst being looked up to as a great player (no dick head we vets see you as a dumb newbie who doesnt know fuck all).

DruidMettool
Jul 22, 2004, 05:50 AM
At this point in PSO GC's lifespan, who cares how legit someone is? Seriously, there's like what, no more than 700 people still playing PSO? (not counting Japanese players.) I wouldn't think it would matter a whole lot at this point.

Ness
Jul 22, 2004, 07:23 AM
What makes me laugh is the assertion that super-legits are not only better player than cheaters, but better people as well. I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but I bet I could outlast just about any super-legit ultimate seabed. Why? Because of my skill. Having good items is only half the battle; it takes skill to last long in Ultimate Seabed.

LoreSeeker
Jul 22, 2004, 12:00 PM
Later on, I did consult a known duper, and the thing was quite the popular dupe. I later traded with one of my friends to get a legit one.

The super-legit who was trying to point out all of my problems is actually level 193 (guess that narrows down the search for who this guy is, if you know him), so I wouldn't consider him to be a total noob. Regardless, he can't seem to let go of his noobish tendencies, and can thusly be quite the annoying bastard. He is a good player, by all means, because the seabed run I did with him was one of the best I had ever done. Despite all of his good playing, he still comes out to be more annoying than helpful in the long run, and I hope he corrupts so I can laugh at his face for being such an asshole.