PDA

View Full Version : Switching between BB & GC

Nazo
Jul 22, 2004, 11:35 AM
As some of you may know, I own a HL on BB and play offline on GC. I was planning to go online originally with the GC version, but then I couldn't find any places that would ship my v1.0 disk with a v1.1 disk. Though this is a great bummer, I've found BB pretty interesting.

But now I come to a dillema; which to focus on? I find that I'm more stable with the Gamecube version, and I have a whole family of 12 to be readied to level, only with one at Lv 41 (HUnewearl). But I find that offline solo is dreadfully boring to level up on, and gets repetitive. REALLY, REALLY repetitive.

I've bought the HL on the BB just for this month before I return to school. There's a good chance that I'm probably not going to return to it (unless, of course, it becomes a big thing by winter), so I don't know if the fruits of playing BB will last after summer.

So here's what it boils down to:

a) I need suggestions on how on this god-forsaken Offline-solo mode can be made more interesting when starting from scratch. Even a two-player game would be better, but it just isn't working that way.

b) or, I need help on finding v1.1. If anyone has suggestions for this I'd be grateful.

rena-ko
Jul 22, 2004, 11:42 AM
hm... japanese cube?
how about you get pso+ (J) via amazon.co.jp, i'm pretty sure they ship worldwide.

Nazo
Jul 22, 2004, 11:57 AM
On 2004-07-22 09:42, rena-ko wrote:
hm... japanese cube?
how about you get pso+ (J) via amazon.co.jp, i'm pretty sure they ship worldwide.

No thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif My friend has it in Japan and he says that he regrets not having gotten the original v1.1 traded in. It apparently has a tendency to BSOD more often than the original version. *shrug* though it has fixed duping and stacking...

But again, I'm not sure if I want to spend another 8000 yen (including shipping) just to get online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nazo on 2004-07-22 09:59 ]</font>

Arislan
Jul 22, 2004, 03:38 PM
More BSODs? Funny, my US PSO did that constantly for the little time that I had it, while I haven't had a single one on Plus. Mileage may vary. And in any case, no double save on Plus either, so at least no worrying about FSODX.